General Yuzuru Chat

57 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Get inside his mind. The landing of the 4T3T at COR wasn't perfect at all. And I'm sure he's seen all the other moments in the program where he wasn't absolutely perfect. So I don't think he thinks he's perfected it. I think he wants to perfect it at Worlds. So everything depends on Worlds really... if he manages to skate perfectly or near perfectly both programs at Worlds (God, I hope so, I'm so down to see a perfect Origin live) then maybe he will feel the need to change air next season. 
But I do think that he thought Origin would suit 4A very well... maybe the 4A will be the main reason he will keep the program next season, if he does end up keeping it. 

Not only that...wasn't there that program where he wrote 1) 4A on a piece of paper? Part of it is paranoia courtesy of his layout switch at CoR 2017 and that the TV shows were hiding his layout. But I do suspect that the piece of paper was a layout...and the gong sound where his 4Loop is placed is highly suspicious. 

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Get inside his mind. The landing of the 4T3T at COR wasn't perfect at all. And I'm sure he's seen all the other moments in the program where he wasn't absolutely perfect. So I don't think he thinks he's perfected it. I think he wants to perfect it at Worlds. So everything depends on Worlds really... if he manages to skate perfectly or near perfectly both programs at Worlds (God, I hope so, I'm so down to see a perfect Origin live) then maybe he will feel the need to change air next season. 
But I do think that he thought Origin would suit 4A very well... maybe the 4A will be the main reason he will keep the program next season, if he does end up keeping it. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Not only that...wasn't there that program where he wrote 1) 4A on a piece of paper? Part of it is paranoia courtesy of his layout switch at CoR 2017 and that the TV shows were hiding his layout. But I do suspect that the piece of paper was a layout...and the gong sound where his 4Loop is placed is highly suspicious. 

I agree that unless it’s perfect at worlds he may bring it back.

of course if can improve it by adding the 4A to a program he’s familiar with- he may keep it.  

In fact, if he really wants to pursue 4A, he may have to keep Origin so that he doesn’t worry about a near perfect/perfect FS and just add the 4A....that actually makes more sense.

i would love to see improved and perfected Origin for another season.:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Absolutely. That gong was made for 4A. I know how he thinks in terms of music and choreography because I think we share the same obsession of making everything fit with the beats of the music. 

11 hours ago, Paskud said:

Why keeping so problematic program? Wouldn't it be better to move to something other, maybe even more interesting?

I respectfully disagree, the first time I saw Origin I had the feeling it could supplant Seimei in my heart. The explosive potential of that program is still to be revealed.

And not to be that guy but come on, we haven’t seen enough of that costume and don’t start me about the sleek hair

1 hour ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I respectfully disagree, the first time I saw Origin I had the feeling it could supplant Seimei in my heart. The explosive potential of that program is still to be revealed.

And not to be that guy but come on, we haven’t seen enough of that costume and don’t start me about the sleek hair

For me, I have seen really enough of that costume. :68468287: Well, we will see what he will do at worlds.

And I want to see Yuzuru in as many programs as possible.

1 hour ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Same!!  I'm an unashamed sucker for Origin, and since we saw so little of it this season, I would definitely not mind having it for another season.  The entire program just exudes such power and dominance--I love it!

2 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

Same!!  I'm an unashamed sucker for Origin, and since we saw so little of it this season, I would definitely not mind having it for another season.  The entire program just exudes such power and dominance--I love it!

But who said next program will not "exude such power and dominance"?

I agree that Origin was created with 4A in mind. He obviously wanted to do it this season, but the injury set him back. In fact, in that interview, he seemed much surer about wanting 4A than he did about 4T-3A (that was "I want to do it, but..."). Probably, that was less because of technical issues - we know he can do it - and more because of the sequence thing. I also tend to doubt other skaters couldn't do it, it's just not worth it. It was probably his wanting to do cool stuff at war with his wanting to maximize points. But 4A was definitely in plan, IMO.

On the other hand, I also agree that he might not want to end his career with tribute programs... Origin is also a lot of himself, though, so it'd make sense... maybe. I'd also be greatly in favor of LGC return. I think it's the only program he has serious unfinished business with. But if he doesn't want to end it without new programs... then maybe another season? To fully perfect 4A? and maybe do some more crazy stuff? But then that's just one more season to the Olympics lol Well, I'm sure he'll take it one step at a time and we'll see.

I do wonder just how far along has he been with 4A if he's aiming for clean with 4A over just one season. It usually took him longer to stabilize a new quad and this is 4A. 4Lo did behave eventually, but since last year it went unstable again and now it's kind of on and off (in practice, I mean, though some of those might have been ice condition). 4Lz never got the chance and 4S took a long time. 4T I think also had moments of brilliance as well as moments where it went AWOL. So, if he seriously thinks he can do clean, 4A performances by Finals and Nationals next season, I think 4A has to be much further along than a lot of people think... (Also, he didn't say anything about Worlds next season... it might be the only competition I could realistically attend, so I was paying close attention... :2:)

But going back to the programs, at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter what we think or want and it also doesn't matter what the judges think or want. Yuzu will do what Yuzu thinks is best. And 99% of the time, he's right, so... *shrugs* But as long as he's happy and satisfied with his choices, nothing else matters.

About Origin itself, it still confuses me a bit at times, if I try to think about it. If I just enjoy it, without thinking too much, it's amazing. Live, it's stunning. And I don't know if I'd call it problematic. Seeing Helsinki Origin live, I thought it was mind blowing. Seeing it on video afterwards, it was: "Wow... that's actually a lot of mistakes..." lol And still, it's the best free program score so far. With quite a few big mistakes, still the best score. Admittedly, not by much. But a perfect Origin will probably make a big impact. Remember, the judges - and actually quite a few fans, too, at first - didn't like H&L either, and, despite underscoring, that's still in the history books now, as the best free program score under the previous system. So, as far as that stuff goes, I'll just trust Yuzu to know better. Everything else is just a matter of taste, IMO.

Speaking of bringing back LGC, I think it's a BRILLIANT idea though seems unlikely.

But seriously, can anyone imagine he do a short by using the similar Rock-ish music?!!!

Like 70s Bohemia Rhapsody by Queen or 80s Oasis?!!!

If he is lurking in this forum, please just listen to British rock!!!

:knc_yuzu1: