General Yuzuru Chat

I don’t think he’ll keep otonal, because honestly he perfected it at CoR.  The only reason he kept Chopin was  because he could improve it with adding two quads and a rippon.  I don’t see that with Otonal.  Origin may depend on how he performs at Worlds however he hasn’t repeated FS except for Olympics.  I only hope that if he gets a new FS, his costume is as SPECTACULAR as Origin. . 

42 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

I don’t think he’ll keep otonal, because honestly he perfected it at CoR.  The only reason he kept Chopin was  because he could improve it with adding two quads and a rippon.  I don’t see that with Otonal.  Origin may depend on how he performs at Worlds however he hasn’t repeated FS except for Olympics.  I only hope that if he gets a new FS, his costume is as SPECTACULAR as Origin. . 

Obviously we don't know - Yuzu definitely thinks for himself and startles us all on a regular basis - but he was clearly upset about the injury meaning he couldn't skate a perfect Origin in Russia, it was his tribute to Plushy and to the country and fans in Russia that he cares about.  So I don't think it's the same as letting LGC go.

If he does Origin as well as we all hope at Worlds :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw: then I can see him letting it go and getting a new one to house the 4A.  If it isn't up to his standards... I can see him keeping and adapting it for 2019-20 so he can do it justice in his own mind.

But that could be wishful thinking from me (I don't want to let it go!)

(PS - I don't see how he can better Origin's costume, but I said that about Seimei/Swanyu/H&L/the PPOS..... so I'll wait and see)

1 minute ago, Maleko said:

I'm so happy to read about another season and the only wish that I have is a full season of excellent health for Yuzu.

I just think how dauntless is he? Every year the health and fitness gods find some way to smack him down, no one could blame him for going enough is enough, but no, he's determined that nothing is going to stop him until he chooses to go.

Makes me feel sheepish every time I get a little sorry for myself...

1 hour ago, kelly said:

Imo he was on his way to doing it perfectly, maybe even at COR had he not been injured, so I wouldn't call it ''problematic''..

Okay, not whole program. Second part of program after change of layout. Before it was 4s3t 4teu3s (4t3a) and then he could go wild because next were only axels - 3a2t and 3a. In version with sequence he still was able to do 3f2t with exactly the same entry (he was doing it in ACI practice). After change in layout there is 4t 4t3a 3f3t 3aeu3s - with, I feel, less potential in transitions, more thinking about speed for quads and combos PLUS moved and cutted ChSq. And I'm not sure I like it... At least that's how I see it. I really hope Yuzuru will prove me wrong at worlds (or come back to layout from ACI).

4 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm jumping on the 'keep Origin' bandwagon, myself. IMO he hasn't performed that program the way he wants to, even once yet, and in my eyes it's the program that most clearly expresses who he is as a competitor and a person. 

Hear hear! Yuzu will have to go to COR again and present the best version of Origin to Plu-san to complete the mission! No other way!!

And apprently he's no 1 at an Italian sports media "il Pallonaro" athlete of the year 2018!!

I am sooo happy that Yuzu will compete next season. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I hope the Skating Gods will bless him with excellent health this time so he can "win everything" like he wants to. :snonegai:

It's fine with me if he keeps Otonal or Origin, or both. I love both programs, and I haven't seen enough of them, so I'm perfectly happy to watch them again for another season. Also I never got a chance to see HYK live, so I'm definitely hoping he will keep that one.

This season, he had to put 4A on the back burner while he tried to perfect Otonal and Origin. I'm thinking if he wants to prioritize 4A next season, he might keep Otonal & Origin so he won't have to spend time learning new programs and can concentrate on 4A.

We'll see what surprises he will spring on us. All new programs will be exciting too. :10636614:

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

Makes me feel sheepish every time I get a little sorry for myself...

Same. He's an annoyingly good influence. Every time I want to get lazy about something because of self-pity, he wanders through my mind and then I feel like I should just suck it up and get moving.:3:

7 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Get inside his mind. The landing of the 4T3T at COR wasn't perfect at all. And I'm sure he's seen all the other moments in the program where he wasn't absolutely perfect. So I don't think he thinks he's perfected it. I think he wants to perfect it at Worlds. So everything depends on Worlds really... if he manages to skate perfectly or near perfectly both programs at Worlds (God, I hope so, I'm so down to see a perfect Origin live) then maybe he will feel the need to change air next season. 
But I do think that he thought Origin would suit 4A very well... maybe the 4A will be the main reason he will keep the program next season, if he does end up keeping it.