General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, micaelis said:

This brings up an issue I've been thinking about for some time, the issue relating to Yuzu's nearly complete lack of a life outside of his apartment and TCC.  Could it be that Yuzu is avoiding any sort of life outside of those two venues so he can say that while he 'resides' in Toronto, he 'lives' in Japan.  Just some speculation on my part but it does help to explain the fact that he's never even been to downtown Toronto.

I think there's a lot to his life that we are not privy to and he likes it that way.  His life may be quite unlike what he has allowed the public to know.  I'll just continue to enjoy what is available and respect his privacy.  He has all the means in the world, I hope he is able to enjoy life the way he wants. IMO

17 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

ETA:

iirc it was in a jpn program (with explanatory animation added LOL other satellites with better memory and archiving skills will be more helpful than me about this:81:) Yuzuru said he does image training (at night?) and one time he knocked a lamp.... his mom scolds him because of the noises :xD:  ETA2: hey I hadn't noticed you've joined the Planet recently, welcome welcome:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: also awesome name for a satellite:1497158260_5GOE:

That is adorable. I think I might have seen it, now that you mention it. It sounds vaguely familiar.

Thank you! (For those who don't know, it means "beautiful3A".) It comes from a dream I had where Yuzu and I were walking around together, and he had his arm around me, and I could have said or done anything I wanted, but what did I choose to do? Tell him, "羽生さんのトリプルアクセルは世界一美しいと思います!" (Roughly translated/what I intended, "You have the most beautiful triple Axel I've ever seen!") :67638860:

7 hours ago, micaelis said:

This brings up an issue I've been thinking about for some time, the issue relating to Yuzu's nearly complete lack of a life outside of his apartment and TCC.  Could it be that Yuzu is avoiding any sort of life outside of those two venues so he can say that while he 'resides' in Toronto, he 'lives' in Japan.  Just some speculation on my part but it does help to explain the fact that he's never even been to downtown Toronto.

I"ve always believed he does more than he reveals, and that's smart. I think he probably has a quiet life, but not quite like it sounds. I also think he is sensitive about what some people have said in the past about his having left Japan to train overseas ( I don't remember exactly what, just that there was some negativity), so he might not want to make much of living abroad. He is always thinking about other people, so that kind of sensitivity wouldn't surprise me.

Those are some beautiful pictures in that Inside Skating article !!!

4 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

What's this about knocking over lamps now? :laughing:

3 hours ago, LadyLou said:

iirc it was in a jpn program (with explanatory animation added LOL other satellites with better memory and archiving skills will be more helpful than me about this:81:) Yuzuru said he does image training (at night?) and one time he knocked a lamp.... his mom scolds him because of the noises :xD: 

@ 4:09 he talks about how he accidentally hit against the wall during image training and annoys his poor mother :68468287: 

I don't hear anything about a lamp in this one but cmiiw?

3 hours ago, liv said:

I"ve always believed he does more than he reveals, and that's smart. I think he probably has a quiet life, but not quite like it sounds. I also think he is sensitive about what some people have said in the past about his having left Japan to train overseas ( I don't remember exactly what, just that there was some negativity), so he might not want to make much of living abroad. He is always thinking about other people, so that kind of sensitivity wouldn't surprise me.

That says something along the lines I was thinking but I was seeing it as a situation where he deliberately does not create a life for himself in Toronto because his loyalty to Japan is greater than his desire to truly lead a life in Toronto.  It may also be involved with the guilt feelings he felt when he resumed his skating training after the earthquake.  March of 2011 was when the quake occurred and it was in the summer of the next year (2012) that he made the move to Toronto.  All of this is speculation on my part, urged on by my constant desire to put events into some kind of narrative rationale.  That's the literary scholar in me and when I tire of doing such analysis in the books I read I tend to see how such methods might work with actual individuals.  Yuzu has proven to be a great challenge.  One word lends itself to describing him - inscrutable.  It's that sense of mystery he has about him that I think is a major part of what draws so many fans to him.

21 minutes ago, Tee said:

@ 4:09 he talks about how he accidentally hit against the wall during image training and annoys his poor mother :68468287: 

Does this video have English sub somewhere?

15 minutes ago, Tee said:

Thank you! Ahhhh, he's such a sweetie. It said that he'd wanted to skate to POTO since he was a kid. I had definitely noticed something special about that program. Good to know what it was!

I wish he'd give a list of all his favorite songs. First "Boku no Koe", now I'll probably be listening to "Michi" by The Sketchbook on repeat for a few weeks (definitely before my skating lessons!). :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg:

1 hour ago, utsukushii3A said:

Thank you! Ahhhh, he's such a sweetie. It said that he'd wanted to skate to POTO since he was a kid. I had definitely noticed something special about that program. Good to know what it was!

I wish he'd give a list of all his favorite songs. First "Boku no Koe", now I'll probably be listening to "Michi" by The Sketchbook on repeat for a few weeks (definitely before my skating lessons!). :tumblr_inline_mg16hfnAAr1qdlkyg:

@Salior did a great job compiling music that Yuzu has mentions or demonic lipsynched to here: https://yuzuru-hanyu-central.tumblr.com/post/179893732594/yuzurus-music-list

5 hours ago, utsukushii3A said:

That is adorable. I think I might have seen it, now that you mention it. It sounds vaguely familiar.

Thank you! (For those who don't know, it means "beautiful3A".) It comes from a dream I had where Yuzu and I were walking around together, and he had his arm around me, and I could have said or done anything I wanted, but what did I choose to do? Tell him, "羽生さんのトリプルアクセルは世界一美しいと思います!" (Roughly translated/what I intended, "You have the most beautiful triple Axel I've ever seen!") :67638860:

But it's true though - his 3A is the best!