General Yuzuru Chat

12 hours ago, Lunna said:

I think Yuzu said that he wanted CoR cuz of Origin and his origins, maybe he planned CoC also, we don't know when ISU decided on Helsinki - before GP seeds or after. I think they will want him at NHK again, but I'll take whatever as long as he competes and we have major events like GPF and WC outside Japan (I love Japan but getting tickets is a nightmare)

There were rumours that when Helsinki agreed to take the competition on short notice, they asked for or were offered the two Olympic champs Yuzu and Alina - Yuzu may also have asked for it, he certainly wouldn't mind as it's a lucky venue for him.  Russia I have also heard he specifically requested.

I think the first and second seed do have dibs on actual choices, and Shoma probably wanted NHK...

25 минут назад, TallyT сказал:

I think the first and second seed do have dibs on actual choices, and Shoma probably wanted NHK...

I don't think we'll ever know the full picture, there's saying that Feds/hosts of GP have more power in choosing then skaters, but of course Fed may ask skater's wish and this time CoR and NHK were too close anyway, so too hard for Yuzu to do both, the most surprise was Yuzu skipping SC this time, maybe even more then NHK.

6 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Shows I understand but I thought they will be more lenient for international competition. And here I was thinking if I should get a video cam... Japan, when I said my new year resolution is to save money, I didn’t expect to have it done in this manner.... :waffle:

You'd hope they would at least allow it at the open practices. Guess this is one of the reasons so many Japanese FS fans travel abroad to watch competitions. That, and the comparative ease of getting tickets.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

I don't think we'll ever know the full picture, there's saying that Feds/hosts of GP have more power in choosing then skaters, but of course Fed may ask skater's wish and this time CoR and NHK were too close anyway, so too hard for Yuzu to do both, the most surprise was Yuzu skipping SC this time, maybe even more then NHK.

My understanding is that the higher-ranked skaters get right of refusal on their assignments but can't specifically request them in advance...and I have no idea where I originally heard that. 

My guess is that if skaters do have choice in their GP assignments, they probably pick the comps that work best with their training plan. For example, a skater doing ice shows well into the summer might not feel ready to do SA, since it's the first on the schedule in October. Likewise if they're trying to peak for a certain comp after GP season, they might want to pick a mid-November comp or earlier... I don't know how tapering towards competitions works in the figure skating world, but timing probably matters.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You'd hope they would at least allow it at the open practices. Guess this is one of the reasons so many Japanese FS fans travel abroad to watch competitions. That, and the comparative ease of getting tickets.

They definitely won’t allow photography or video, even for practices. I’m not sure we’ll even get broadcasts. :/ It’s usually just drips and drabs in news reports.

I am sure both Brian and Tracy are as happy to have their boys all together as we are... but Yuzu looks the happiest with that big scrunchy face grin, lol.

Thanks to Tracy for knowing what the fans want and giving it to us :)

Edit: *the boys* no matter who goes to TCC, *the boys* will always refer to Yuzu and Javi, the 2 who together raised the skating game and conquered the world.