General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Based on this segment of the translation from EVERY segment, I think Yuzu does mean to return next season.

:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:

Source: http://hanyusan.tumblr.com/post/181541536917/181228-every-eng-translated-transcript

35 minutes ago, Paskud said:

You know, this segment was few days ago, so it's understandable they asked him about decisions and wishes for new year.

Reporting from CSI fanyu division :gla:

I saw someone's tweet about the hotel room that they've interviewed Yuzu being a suite room in Sendai Royal Park Hotel. So I've checked up on it then...it matches with an executive suite of the room layout, sofa, cushions, table, the painting on the wall, and the door.

https://www.srph.co.jp/stay/floor/garden/index.html?page=suite

0zgaETP.png

nvj0zUj.png

This was filmed in Sendai + his visit to school with two gold medals, I am sure the interview was not filmed within this season but more like before the season started, July or something. He's done P&G CM with Matsuoka san in summer and his hair length (fringe/bang) looks very similar to the ones in that CM.  The narration was added after the interview when they're editing to make the whole thing into the program so mentioning of his current injury and his hope for the next year is appropriate. The word 来年 means next year but the year 2019 includes both the current fs season and the next, you could say for either...

14 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I saw someone's tweet about the hotel room that they've interviewed Yuzu being a suite room in Sendai Royal Park Hotel. So I've checked up on it then...it matches with an executive suite of the room layout, sofa, cushions, table, the painting on the wall, and the door.

0zgaETP.png

nvj0zUj.png

This was filmed in Sendai + his visit to school with two gold medals, I am sure the interview was not filmed within this season but more like before the season started, July or something. He's done P&G CM with Matsuoka san in summer and his hair length (fringe/bang) looks very similar to the ones in that CM.  The narration was added after the interview when they're editing to make the whole thing into the program so mentioning of his current injury and his hope for the next year is appropriate. The word 来年 means next year but the year 2019 includes both the current fs season and the next, you could say for either...

CSI Fanyu Division - I am in full admiration of your detective abilities :67638860:.

Maybe it’s back to how we interpret the video, but I thought the narrator said “ Hanyu, who has since withdrawn from competition, delivered us a message.” (17:36) So I assumed they had a recent update from Yuzu.  That’s how I interpreted it, but of course I have wishful thoughts. 

17 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

0zgaETP.png

nvj0zUj.png

Wow, suits king and god of figure skating himself, I approve :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

And his message easily can mean both, so we come back to the situation when we don't know anything.

20 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

13 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I so agree that Origin was a fabulous costume, the best in any discipline this year IMO (biased? me?)

I agree that it is FABULOUS.  I also think best - of all time IMO. I hope to see it long after worlds...at Continues?

21 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Wow, suits king and god of figure skating himself, I approve :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

And his message can easily can means both, so we come back to the situation when we don't know anything.

I've also seen an article with Tsuzuki sensei talking about Yuzu and 4A. His words about Yuzu being at the edge of becoming the first man to land 4A. 

https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2018122800778&g=spo

「彼があの言葉を聞いてどう感じたかは分からないが、王様のジャンプのクワッドを今度はやろうとしており、スケート人生の集大成というか仕上げのレールに乗っている。4回転半を成し遂げたスケーターという地位を築くか築かずに終わるかの瀬戸際ではないか」

Rough translation:

I don't know what's his thought about  me telling an axel jump being the king of jumps but he is exerting himself to jump a quad axel so I believe he is at the last part of the course and the culmination of his figure skating life. I feel he is standing on the edge of becoming or not becoming the first man to land four and a half revolution.

It is inevitable for him to one day hang up his skating boots. I really hope Yuzu to fulfil as much dreams as possible before he finally says good bye to his competitive skating days. But considering his ankle and everything else, it is not for us to decide when is that time. 

12 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I've also seen an article with Tsuzuki sensei talking about Yuzu and 4A. His words about Yuzu being at the edge of becoming the first man to land 4A. 

https://www.jiji.com/jc/article?k=2018122800778&g=spo

Rough translation:

I don't know what's his thought about  me telling an axel jump being the king of jumps but he is exerting himself to jump a quad axel so I believe he is at the last part of the course and the culmination of his figure skating life. I feel he is standing on the edge of becoming or not becoming the first man to land four and a half revolution.

It is inevitable for him to one day hang up his skating boots. I really hope Yuzu to fulfil as much dreams as possible before he finally says good bye to his competitive skating days. But considering his ankle and everything else, it is not for us to decide when is that time. 

Well, that's are Tsuzuki-sensei's thoughts. For me it looks like he said "I want to keep skating. My goal is 4a.", but peaple still screamed, cried and panicked, so he changed it to "I won't retire until I will land 4a". This time we have more details.

We always had that clear goal, when we knew event, date and even place - 2018 olympics in Pyeongchang. New goal - 4a - isn't that detailed, so he can't make any clear statements and rise excitement (and more fear) among fans and Japan's media hype. I know we aren't used to this situation. He himself isn't. But that doesn't mean there is happaning any disaster or big decision. We simply don't know.

To all people, please, don't project your fears/hopes in his every move and word.

15 minutes ago, Paskud said:

Well, that's are Tsuzuki-sensei's thoughts. For me it looks like he said "I want to keep skating. My goal is 4a.", but peaple still screamed, cried and panicked, so he changed it to "I won't retire until I will land 4a". This time we have more details.

We always had that clear goal, when we knew event, date and even place - 2018 olympics in Pyeongchang. New goal - 4a - isn't that detailed, so he can't make any clear statements and rise excitement (and more fear) among fans and Japan's media hype. I know we aren't used to this situation. He himself isn't. But that doesn't mean there is happaning any disaster or big decision. We simply don't know.

To all people, please, don't project your fears/hopes in his every move and word.

Tsuzuki sensei is concerned about Yuzu's health with 4A knowing what's involved to achieve it. He probably feel responsible partly for Yuzu's 4A dream because he was the one giving young Yuzu with the idea.

This time around, Yuzu's dream doesn't have the set date like the past ones. For us to get excited or get scared over it is quite natural and if we can share these thoughts with the fellow fanyus, I think we can cope better with all the ups and downs. However, I'm not really reading anything on Yuzu's words or the program itself. As much as we are not sure, I don't think Yuzu himself can tell you more than he's already have. But one thing I'm sure is that whatever the coming year throws at me, I'll just grab it with all my heart.