General Yuzuru Chat

15 minutes ago, liv said:

I was also wondering when this was filmed, and where. If it was recent, is he in Japan? That would be nice for the holiday considering he wasn't home last year.

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

The documentary was filmed in July (4/7), in Japan.But I think his comment at the end might be new. 

Thanks! But he still looks so downhearted even just recall that experiences...

I really wish he could have a more positive mental status now! Don't put too much attention on competition nor pressure on yourself! 

That docu was so hard to watch :sorrow:

The way he talked... And what he said just :13877886:

As more info comes out about those days leading up to PC i am more convinced that we witnessed a miracle.

I was thinking about how we admire him for his mental strength and such, but in reality i think i am beginning to fully understand why he said that he isn't strong, in fact he is weak.

He talked about dealing with the feelings of anxiety, insecurity and nervousness as the days went by and PC got closer and he realized that:

1. The pain wasn't going away and

2. It took him longer than expected to get back on the ice (I was particularly hit by how he said "i think i'm done" when the days went by and he couldn't stand on the ice in January).

I suspect that he feels weak in situations like that because there are a lot of things that pile up and make the situation less than ideal for him.

He's kind of a perfectionist so those feelings he talked about were probably caused by being in a situation he couldn't control at all, which made him feel weak because there was not much he could do. So, to regain a sense of control and try to make up for what he couldn't do, he was training his mind (studying, image training, i bet he watched his videos a thousand times to figure out what he had to do differently). It worked, as the docu said when he jumped the 4S3T: He might have not been in the best condition, but his body remembered.

He might not consider himself a strong person at all, because he did what he thought was his only choice: Skate through the pain and ignore the anxiety, nervousness, insecurity and feelings of weakness.

It takes a particular kind of strength to be so committed to your goal that you don't even consider other alternatives, but it's hard to recognize it.  However, he deals with "bad" feelings a lot (kuyashii, nervousness, the pressure) so it might be why he considers himself a weak person.

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

First, he’s the only skater I’ve seen who smells his medals .  ACI I can understand, someone said smells like maple syrup... but gold? 

Second, I can’t understate the fact that only 2 male skaters on this earth can actually have this moment.

Yuzu and Dick Buttons.:winky::dancingpooh: