General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, yuzuonice said:

yes, there will also be a documentary with the costume designer of Origin on January 8

and I heard about this already, but I think there's more info on broadcast this time:

For some reason, I was sure the Dick Button, Plush and Javi program was Jan. 15th. Has it been rescheduled or is my memory off? Another month to wait for it...

hace 37 minutos , KatjaThera said:

Well, they said his challenges this season were 4A and 4T-3A. But in the message, which is new, he says literally "next year". Not next season. Next year starts next week. However, as he also says he wants to get back to training jumps, it's obvious he's in no condition of training 4A now, and it's unlikely he will soon enough to make it this season. But just to be clear, he said next year, not next season.

Any translation says next year, but I think it means more next season because it makes more sense for a skater to count in seasons, not in years. Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but getting stable 4A in 3 months after injury is quite hard even for Yuzu,

20 minutes ago, Floria said:

Any translation says next year, but I think it means more next season because it makes more sense for a skater to count in seasons, not in years. Maybe it is just my wishful thinking, but getting stable 4A in 3 months after injury is quite hard even for Yuzu,

Oh, I agree that getting 4A in time for this season is virtually impossible. But I wanted to make it clear that he himself did not say "next season". And since this is Yuzu and we know he usually chooses his words carefully, I'm not sure he didn't mean it exactly as ambiguous as that. It could be he's leaving himself room so that, if by some miracle his healing goes even better than planned, then he can still try it. As well as leaving himself the option of not continuing next season. The chances of that are extremely minimal, but I'm not sure immediately jumping to the conclusion that that message is him confirming he'll continue for a season is good, either. Or maybe it's me not wanting to risk getting my hopes up for nothing ^_^; (It also reminds me of the 4Lz thing last season, when a lot of people were like "But he said he's not going to add the 4Lz this season!" and I would say: "Actually, he never said that. He just said he's not thinking about it, several months ahead of the season, which is not the same thing." So I tend to be extra careful with what he says and what he doesn't say ^_^; )

hace 48 minutos , KatjaThera said:

Oh, I agree that getting 4A in time for this season is virtually impossible. But I wanted to make it clear that he himself did not say "next season". And since this is Yuzu and we know he usually chooses his words carefully, I'm not sure he didn't mean it exactly as ambiguous as that. It could be he's leaving himself room so that, if by some miracle his healing goes even better than planned, then he can still try it. As well as leaving himself the option of not continuing next season. The chances of that are extremely minimal, but I'm not sure immediately jumping to the conclusion that that message is him confirming he'll continue for a season is good, either. Or maybe it's me not wanting to risk getting my hopes up for nothing ^_^; (It also reminds me of the 4Lz thing last season, when a lot of people were like "But he said he's not going to add the 4Lz this season!" and I would say: "Actually, he never said that. He just said he's not thinking about it, several months ahead of the season, which is not the same thing." So I tend to be extra careful with what he says and what he doesn't say ^_^; )

Yes, I think sometimes it is just us projecting our hopes and fears onto whatever he (or Brian etc) says. I didn't read it as a direct confirmation of next season, but I stay rather optimistic nevertheless :)

1 minute ago, Floria said:

Yes, I think sometimes it is just us projecting our hopes and fears onto whatever he (or Brian etc) says. I didn't read it as a direct confirmation of next season, but I stay rather optimistic nevertheless :)

I've already seen people taking it as confirmation, so I guess that's what made me really want to clear it up. Especially now when people crave good news, they're likely quicker to believe that. I tend to be more careful lol. But I think it's very likely you'll turn out to be right lol