General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

JNats new tech to measure jump is kinda cool.  Anyone know if any of Yuzu performances this year was analyzed?  Helsinki or COR?

It's "ice scope," a special feature Fuji incorporated in their figure skating programs. Yuzu's jump hasn't been analyzed yet since GPS was aired by TV Asahi.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

It's "ice scope," a special feature Fuji incorporated in their figure skating programs. Yuzu's jump hasn't been analyzed yet since GPS was aired by TV Asahi.

I'm here to ask about this exactly. I believe some measurements have been done in various shows (data man, the one where they say he has to jump 17cm higher aka length of his hair), but are those reliable...?

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

Do we know who is covering worlds?  Asahi seems to cover the internationals but not 100% sure?

9 hours ago, Anzi said:

Watching that clip my head just automatically tried different angles to catch Yuzu...and found it's impossible cuz the camera just didn't include him....

I was doing the same! Javi's skating is beautiful, don't get me wrong. But I was looking for the two of them together.

I hope Yuzu's H&L 2017 WC would be analyzed by whatever Fuji or Asahi...especially that giant monster 3A combo and all his quadruple jumps....

I saw a tweet gif catches one of his normal 3A practices...man, I swear that jump flys over half of the rink lol.

My face every time when I saw his long-distance "flying" jump

:knc_yuzu1:

10 hours ago, PoohandYuzu said:

Today is the Winter Solstice, so the darkest or shortest day of the year will be gone.  Maybe should also pray hard on 1 Jan 01:01 for his health and recovery, and his getting back no. 1 that he wants

For us up north it is the darkest, shortest day, but in places like Argentina and Australia in the southern hemisphere it's the longest, brightest day.  Things get reversed come next June so everything balances out in the end.

5 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

I'm here to ask about this exactly. I believe some measurements have been done in various shows (data man, the one where they say he has to jump 17cm higher aka length of his hair), but are those reliable...?

I am not sure how reliable these data are because in all cases, (Data-man, Sunday Station, (the news show calculated the height and distance required for a 4A) Ice scope) they didn't go into details about how they measure jumps. They probably think that viewers don't care much about such things but it would be fascinating if there is a program which analyses the physics of figure skating, wouldn't it?

4 hours ago, SuperMin said:

Do we know who is covering worlds?  Asahi seems to cover the internationals but not 100% sure?

Fuji will cover Worlds, though I'm not sure if they can use ice scope when they cover ISU competitions because they will have to use ISU footage mostly. At Jnats they can decide when to announce the scores considering the timing of the commercial breaks but they won't have much freedom when airing ISU championships.

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I am not sure how reliable these data are because in all cases, (Data-man, Sunday Station, (the news show calculated the height and distance required for a 4A) Ice scope) they didn't go into details about how they measure jumps. They probably think that viewers don't care much about such things but it would be fascinating if there is a program which analyses the physics of figure skating, wouldn't it?

Actually, I'm not sure where I saw it, but it was on one of those more extended documentaries on Yuzu, that Yuzu is using some of what he's learning at university to do just exactly that.  He was putting together mathematical formuli that describe the dynamics of jumping.