General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

His WD from JNats hit me hard -- which is ridiculous, since it's a) what I expected, and b) what I hoped he'd do (to ensure the fullest possible recovery). Like so many satellites, and Yuzu himself, I suspect, I'm grappling with a whole raft of uncertainties that loom far beyond this particular injury. Warning: What follows is long and may strike some as downbeat, so I'll hide it for the sake of those who want to pass on to lighter fare. 

Hide contents

It is heartbreaking, and feels unfair, that his career has been so often interrupted by injuries. I'm wretched for him, watching the same scenario play out for the second year in a row (although I do trust Brian's comment that this injury is less serious than last year's). What I don't want to lose, though, is the larger truth that Yuzu is among the most fortunate beings on the planet. He was gifted with a talent that sets him apart not just from any living person but any in history. That talent was recognized, nurtured and rewarded, especially by his family, who gave him a strong moral grounding as well as reordering their lives to support his skating. He knows and appreciates all this, which keeps him from falling into the entitlement and self-indulgence that destroy so many elite athletes.

Don't get me wrong: Yuzu deserves every bit of fame, fortune and love that flow his way. He has earned it, and I hope he gets to enjoy it for many years to come. But when the gods were passing out beauty, brains, personality and talent, he got an extra helping of each. The miracle is that he feels a responsibility toward his own talent and the sport itself as well as his family, coaches and millions of fans. He wants to push himself to the very edge of the possible, to take the sport into unknown realms, just because he knows he alone can do it. That's thrilling. 

Now, however, he's face to face with the great enemy, time. As the injuries -- and just the "normal" wear and tear -- take their toll on his body, his famous calculations must eventually come to include not just what layout will win a given competition but how long his body will allow him to compete. Among all the rivals he has faced, time is the one that eventually will win. That doesn't make him a tragic figure. But it does make him even more compelling, because it's something we all confront, sooner or later. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to wonder if I had enough time left to tame Nessie, but I know exactly what it feels like to wonder if I have enough time left to accomplish my own dreams.

So in a sense, what Yuzu calls his weakness is among his greatest gifts. If every performance were clean, if he won every gold, if he never faced injury, he would be so remote we couldn't connect with him. Because he's hurt, because he's vulnerable, because he won't always be there, pushing the boundaries of what it means to be human, he is taking us with him on a profound journey. Sometimes it sucks, but more often it feels like an incalculable privilege. 

I'm not crying, no, I'm not. 

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

By reading your beautiful writing, I resonate with you from the bottom of my heart. Since I know Yuzu after my birthday during April, I sometimes sigh that I am deeply grateful to born in this age in which we have Yuzu who has one of the greatest humanity in the universe. When I struggling for getting ride of those negative depressing mentalities 3 weeks ago, I alway told myself repetitively  what Yuzu said after OG, weakness consists in mightiness and only the one who digest and accept his weakness can find the path to the happiness. We now are going through a hard time and I certainly cannot imagine what it would be for him. But he gets strong faith and he acknowledges his weakness. I think that's enough for us to believe he will come back with his full passion and love for skating.

I think we should trust in him and believe in him ! As Brian said he trusts his team and he will do what the recommend , and even if it takes some time for him to heal completely he will take the time and come back stronger then ever thats what I believe !

I hope everyone has a nice day !

I'm late to comment but hearing Yuzu has officially withdrawn from Nationals, even though it's expected, I'm relieved, but I'm also worried about his ankle and the pain he mentioned... I wish from the bottom of my heart for him to be able to recover and achieve everything he dreams of. Recover well, dear Yuzu, we will wait for you! :7938863:

Maybe Japanese media will take pity on us and release more CMs or behind the scenes soon.

2 hours ago, ZuCritter said:

His WD from JNats hit me hard -- which is ridiculous, since it's a) what I expected, and b) what I hoped he'd do (to ensure the fullest possible recovery). Like so many satellites, and Yuzu himself, I suspect, I'm grappling with a whole raft of uncertainties that loom far beyond this particular injury. Warning: What follows is long and may strike some as downbeat, so I'll hide it for the sake of those who want to pass on to lighter fare. 

Reveal hidden contents

It is heartbreaking, and feels unfair, that his career has been so often interrupted by injuries. I'm wretched for him, watching the same scenario play out for the second year in a row (although I do trust Brian's comment that this injury is less serious than last year's). What I don't want to lose, though, is the larger truth that Yuzu is among the most fortunate beings on the planet. He was gifted with a talent that sets him apart not just from any living person but any in history. That talent was recognized, nurtured and rewarded, especially by his family, who gave him a strong moral grounding as well as reordering their lives to support his skating. He knows and appreciates all this, which keeps him from falling into the entitlement and self-indulgence that destroy so many elite athletes.

Don't get me wrong: Yuzu deserves every bit of fame, fortune and love that flow his way. He has earned it, and I hope he gets to enjoy it for many years to come. But when the gods were passing out beauty, brains, personality and talent, he got an extra helping of each. The miracle is that he feels a responsibility toward his own talent and the sport itself as well as his family, coaches and millions of fans. He wants to push himself to the very edge of the possible, to take the sport into unknown realms, just because he knows he alone can do it. That's thrilling. 

Now, however, he's face to face with the great enemy, time. As the injuries -- and just the "normal" wear and tear -- take their toll on his body, his famous calculations must eventually come to include not just what layout will win a given competition but how long his body will allow him to compete. Among all the rivals he has faced, time is the one that eventually will win. That doesn't make him a tragic figure. But it does make him even more compelling, because it's something we all confront, sooner or later. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to wonder if I had enough time left to tame Nessie, but I know exactly what it feels like to wonder if I have enough time left to accomplish my own dreams.

So in a sense, what Yuzu calls his weakness is among his greatest gifts. If every performance were clean, if he won every gold, if he never faced injury, he would be so remote we couldn't connect with him. Because he's hurt, because he's vulnerable, because he won't always be there, pushing the boundaries of what it means to be human, he is taking us with him on a profound journey. Sometimes it sucks, but more often it feels like an incalculable privilege. 

I'm not crying, no, I'm not. 

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

I think what you've said is truth. 

10 hours ago, Paskud said:

Yuzu said "will be ok" so I believe him. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

And for emo Yuzu hours, maybe this. Beautiful, lovely Hana ni Nare from MOI 2012. Yes, after THIS Japan Nats and THIS victory ceremony. And still so soothing and wonderful. Hana ni Nare is one of this Yuzu's programs that no matter which version I watch - it is still amazing.

And encore is sweet bonus. He does Romeo ChSq and screams at the begining but he is in soft Hana ni Nare costume so it looks more like kitty's nyaaa~ :tumblr_inline_np9uqivUkQ1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Hide contents

What a lovely pick me up.  Yuzu living his music as usual.  That second jump I thought he was going to blast out the screen.  Wonderful.... and great camera work whoever took this.  The immediate change of character when he drew his arm down for R&J. He's truly amazing. So wish I had found him earlier... But thank goodness there are beauties like this video. :peekapooh:Come out your cave occasionally to say hello our Darling.  We humbly await your return. Xxx