General Yuzuru Chat

the news of Yuzuru's WD didn't even made me sad when I read them, I was just expecting them...but then I thought about Yuzuru being sad and that made me really sad:smiley-sad016:

I hope he's receiving many warm hugs and many smiles, that he's listening to the music with new earphones and drinking his fave hot chocolate concotion. I hope he also feels the well wishes and support from skating community and fans:grouphug:

I bet he's back to research some more:matrix:

I want him to fullfill all his dream and yes, the very idea of 4A in this moment is scariest than ever, but if it's still part of his happiness than I hope he can go and grab that dream with both hands (and healthy ankles :67638860:). Maybe this forced period of rest will also gave him some fresh perspective on how to tackle the jump...

I hate the very idea of Yuzuru being forcefully kept away from skating, and I hate that again he has to go through the whole rehab and then slowly, painfully re-learn everything again... I hate that that injury happened just when he was finally back jumping beautiful 3Lz. But well... as Brian said, if anyone can come back, it's Yuzuru. As always things are against him but he has the experience, the will and the support.

I hope I can see him stepping on the ice again soon, because it will mean he's at least a bit happy:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg:

I still feel the relief and deep gratitude watching Yuzu again on the ice, on the day of the first olympic practice (yeah, the troll practice:tumblr_inline_n2pjd5WDu71qdlkyg:). He was joking rinkside and then he greeted the ice and stepped in. It was the first time we saw him on the ice since NHK17. After all those month of uncertainties and what ifs, Yuzuru was there.*

I remember being so overwhelmed I couldn't stop the tears. The memory is even sweeter now, knowing that was just the prelude to Yuzuru's triumph in PyeongChang. And, in hindsight, maybe that was also the turning moment for me when, despite still feeling anxious, my feelings somehow calmed down, as if just that moment was a promise: it's going to be all right.

So when I feel doubt, I just go back to that moment, I think about what Yuzuru has overcome. He has another painful battle ahead, and he'll be fighting it mostly away from our eyes, so in the meanwhile all I can do is believe in him and sent all the virtual support, waiting to tell him 'welcome back' once more! :10742289: oh, and ready to greet his jumps back one by one too:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: and swoon about the awesomeness of ___________insert any of Yuzu's jumps/spins/steps/moves and general everything here_______:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

tho hopefully this time when he'll say: "I feel no pain" it won't be because he's on painkillers :Poohgaveup:

Sorry the last sentence ruined the mood :xD:

* I'm pretty sure everyone has already seen this fanvid many times, but that moment always gets to me   

As a newbie, I was in deep thought about all of this.:war:

And I decided to compose myself with:

1. Yuzu's main goal is the 4A to achieve this he needs his ankles in its best form.

2. He probably doesn't want to fall in the spiral of compete-injury-heal-rehab.

3. I don't know if in his heart and mind Beijing 2022 is there. But if there is a slither of a chance he wants to. Preparation for full ankle recovery should start now.

4. He wants to perform Otonal and Origin at max potential which will require all the stamina he can muster.

As a conclusion: Maybe not all I stated could be true but it is safe to say Yuzu has long term goals. He wants to skate for himself for as long as possible. And to be able to achieve that in his current condition, he needs to take time. That is what he is doing now, taking his time. Its a crazy wait but he has given so much, he deserves to have all the time he needs.

With that I console myself with he will be back with recovered right ankle and ready to conquer himself once again. 

As he said so himself: I am no greater or less than Yuzuru Hanyu

And we all know what Yuzuru Hanyu means.

5 minutes ago, Ashley2162018 said:

As a newbie, I was in deep thought about all of this.:war:

And I decided to compose myself with:

1. Yuzu's main goal is the 4A to achieve this he needs his ankles in its best form.

2. He probably doesn't want to fall in the spiral of compete-injury-heal-rehab.

3. I don't know if in his heart and mind Beijing 2022 is there. But if there is a slither of a chance he wants to. Preparation for full ankle recovery should start now.

4. He wants to perform Otonal and Origin at max potential which will require all the stamina he can muster.

As a conclusion: Maybe not all I stated could be true but it is safe to say Yuzu has long term goals. He wants to skate for himself for as long as possible. And to be able to achieve that in his current condition, he needs to take time. That is what he is doing now, taking his time. Its a crazy wait but he has given so much, he deserves to have all the time he needs.

With that I console myself with he will be back with recovered right ankle and ready to conquer himself once again. 

As he said so himself: I am no greater or less than Yuzuru Hanyu

And we all know what Yuzuru Hanyu means.

I hate to sound depressing, but it seems he has already fallen into that spiral.

13 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I hate to sound depressing, but it seems he has already fallen into that spiral.

Well, so did Daisuke Takahashi, and yet, here he is, 4 years after officially retiring, about to skate in JNats again. Just goes to show that there's no telling what may happen. 

But seriously, if Yuzu has to go that route of sitting on the sidelines for a year or more before getting back to competition, I think it'll make me cry for months)

I have faith. One day, all Yuzu's bad ankles shall be healed. 

Can I suggest that we all think about how we can survive through this three months drought til Worlds. I am confident this forum can do it.

@LadyLouI appreciate and like where you were going with thinking about what we love about Yuzu and focusing on that. Your posts are very insightful.

Maybe everybody can post their favorite fan video or their favorite gif.  I would appreciate all and any positive energy in Yuzu’s direction.  

Maybe if we only think about the positive that “push” Yuzu forward with strength,  just like he said about his supporters during the Olympics in 2018, we will see something amazing in the future. 

Just sayin.

Yuzu said "will be ok" so I believe him. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

And for emo Yuzu hours, maybe this. Beautiful, lovely Hana ni Nare from MOI 2012. Yes, after THIS Japan Nats and THIS victory ceremony. And still so soothing and wonderful. Hana ni Nare is one of this Yuzu's programs that no matter which version I watch - it is still amazing.

And encore is a sweet bonus. He does Romeo ChSq and screams at the begining but he is in soft Hana ni Nare costume so it looks more like kitty's nyaaa~ :tumblr_inline_np9uqivUkQ1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Spoiler

57 minutes ago, SuperMin said:

Can I suggest that we all think about how we can survive through this three months drought til Worlds. I am confident this forum can do it.

@LadyLouI appreciate and like where you were going with thinking about what we love about Yuzu and focusing on that. Your posts are very insightful.

Maybe everybody can post their favorite fan video or their favorite gif.  I would appreciate all and any positive energy in Yuzu’s direction.  

Maybe if we only think about the positive that “push” Yuzu forward with strength,  just like he said about his supporters during the Olympics in 2018, we will see something amazing in the future. 

Just sayin.

I survived the summer drought by digging the old threads about Yuzu in GS forum. I ended up reading almost all seasons. I learned a lot about him and the situations especially in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. Now I am digging http://the-real-xmonster.tumblr.com/ and learning more about Yuzu and figure skating (though I have to admit that I am hopeless with Turns and Steps no matter how many times I read or look at the Yuzu-gif Alice made to explain things)

1 hour ago, SuperMin said:

Just sayin.

I am going to do:

1. Chat with you guys. The Planet and satellites complete my life;

2. Work work work to divert my attention;

3. Rewatch rewatch rewatch 

Ps: I hope I can meet you guys in future. And give each of you a big hug!

:softYuzu:

His WD from JNats hit me hard -- which is ridiculous, since it's a) what I expected, and b) what I hoped he'd do (to ensure the fullest possible recovery). Like so many satellites, and Yuzu himself, I suspect, I'm grappling with a whole raft of uncertainties that loom far beyond this particular injury. Warning: What follows is long and may strike some as downbeat, so I'll hide it for the sake of those who want to pass on to lighter fare. 

Spoiler

It is heartbreaking, and feels unfair, that his career has been so often interrupted by injuries. I'm wretched for him, watching the same scenario play out for the second year in a row (although I do trust Brian's comment that this injury is less serious than last year's). What I don't want to lose, though, is the larger truth that Yuzu is among the most fortunate beings on the planet. He was gifted with a talent that sets him apart not just from any living person but any in history. That talent was recognized, nurtured and rewarded, especially by his family, who gave him a strong moral grounding as well as reordering their lives to support his skating. He knows and appreciates all this, which keeps him from falling into the entitlement and self-indulgence that destroy so many elite athletes.

Don't get me wrong: Yuzu deserves every bit of fame, fortune and love that flow his way. He has earned it, and I hope he gets to enjoy it for many years to come. But when the gods were passing out beauty, brains, personality and talent, he got an extra helping of each. The miracle is that he feels a responsibility toward his own talent and the sport itself as well as his family, coaches and millions of fans. He wants to push himself to the very edge of the possible, to take the sport into unknown realms, just because he knows he alone can do it. That's thrilling. 

Now, however, he's face to face with the great enemy, time. As the injuries -- and just the "normal" wear and tear -- take their toll on his body, his famous calculations must eventually come to include not just what layout will win a given competition but how long his body will allow him to compete. Among all the rivals he has faced, time is the one that eventually will win. That doesn't make him a tragic figure. But it does make him even more compelling, because it's something we all confront, sooner or later. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like to wonder if I had enough time left to tame Nessie, but I know exactly what it feels like to wonder if I have enough time left to accomplish my own dreams.

So in a sense, what Yuzu calls his weakness is among his greatest gifts. If every performance were clean, if he won every gold, if he never faced injury, he would be so remote we couldn't connect with him. Because he's hurt, because he's vulnerable, because he won't always be there, pushing the boundaries of what it means to be human, he is taking us with him on a profound journey. Sometimes it sucks, but more often it feels like an incalculable privilege. 

I'm not crying, no, I'm not. 

:sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh::sadPooh:

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

Yuzu said "will be ok" so I believe him. :tumblr_inline_n2pjd43gf91qdlkyg:

And for emo Yuzu hours, maybe this. Beautiful, lovely Hana ni Nare from MOI 2012. Yes, after THIS Japan Nats and THIS victory ceremony. And still so soothing and wonderful. Hana ni Nare is one of this Yuzu's programs that no matter which version I watch - it is still amazing.

And encore is sweet bonus. He does Romeo ChSq and screams at the begining but he is in soft Hana ni Nare costume so it looks more like kitty's nyaaa~ :tumblr_inline_np9uqivUkQ1qid2nw_75sq: :tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

Hide contents

Love love, I know that many of his fans including myself have seen these in the past but the reminder is great!,  The shrug and smile at ~7:30 :img_21: