General Yuzuru Chat

I think this is an old one but I like it so...

This is what happened when god was creating Yuzuru Hanyu :D

BmjbOcDCcAE59zi.jpg

First of all, talent for figure skating then strong mental power then never ending challenging spirit.

Then a little bit of cleverness and feminine feel...bit too much but never mind and an appetite for food...oops.

And finally love for Pooh...uh oh...

Hang on, there's more... :)

Bmhu0ruCYAEvrQ_.jpg

First of all beauty and cleverness...oops. Incredible style and skill..oops.

And competitiveness...uh oh...never mind, then fashion sense for private clothes...

Splosh...

ETA: Wow my rank is now Notte Stellata :snonegai: (I don't remember the progress after my rank hit LGC...the competition threads do make you post like crazy...:13877886:)

Dearest Yuzu,

I will pray for your ankle recovery to the Southern Cross. Don't worry about us we will wait for your return.

Thank you for thinking about us always. :sadPooh:

14 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I think this is an old one but I like it so...

This is what happened when god was creating Yuzuru Hanyu :D

BmjbOcDCcAE59zi.jpg

First of all, talent for figure skating then strong mental power then never ending challenging spirit.

Then a little bit of cleverness and feminine feel...bit too much but never mind and an appetite for food...oops.

And finally love for Pooh...uh oh...

Hang on, there's more... :)

Bmhu0ruCYAEvrQ_.jpg

First of all beauty and cleverness...oops. Incredible style and skill..oops.

And competitiveness...uh oh...never mind, then fashion sense for private clothes...

Splosh...

Thank you! A much needed laugh in the midst of the sadness over his missing JNats. 

:yznotimpressed::joy:

53 minutes ago, Tee said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm just thinking about the rumours about him getting married before Boston and how upset that made him. I hope this doesn't make him too upset esp considering he's not recovered yet and had to WD from JNats. Also that guy should stop using his name tbh bc a lot of people will immediately think of Yuzu at seeing 羽生 at first glance

It says that around four weeks for a severe sprain can be expected? He said he felt pain while skating at the Olympics which was months after NHK but Brian did say it wasn't as bad so it should be normal for him

He also said after months of rehab, his right ankle back then only reduced 20-30% pain so he is able to hold up during the Olympic competition.

So I guess right now he is trying to get on ice rink that's why he went back to Toronto as soon as possible even just a day after his Bday. 

Yuzu must feel frustrated, I could directly feel that from in his announcement. But the good thing is that he know how to manage and process the aftermath rehab and there are teams, coaches and friends be there with him.

Another translation, by nanoka12:

“I would like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone who has been worried about me since the Rostelecom Cup. Although I did everything I could to be ready to compete at the Japanese Nationals, I am extremely regretful that I am not able to compete. Hereafter, although I do not know what will happen, I will work hard to be free from pain and limitations as soon as possible, even by just one day, and to be able to return to competition.”

Expected news but still sad ones. I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for him. And to be honest I just feel really bad, I wonder, how much will his body keep tolerating? Even with all his amazing talent I just can't imagine what if he can't skate more. I was very excited when he said he still had things to do in skating (well more like landing 4A) but I fear for his health. I fear he might be asking too much of his body. But I know he enjoys performing at his best the most (which means crazy difficulty). I don't know what the future holds but I hope Yuzu is able to achieve his goals and retire when he feels ready and not because his body just doesn't hold anymore. 

2 hours ago, Nutmeg said:

I'm worried about what he said in this statement, about still being in pain. I would assume this will delay rehabilitation? Sorry, it's obvious I'm not an expert, I guess I just want someone to reassure me it's gonna be ok lol

Yeah, that bit made me pause. Normally he doesn't complain about the pain that openly. Plus saying 'I hope the pain will go away' implies that he isn't sure it will....:sadPooh:

Am I missing something in this gossip scandal? Why is it such a big deal in Japanese tabloids that two performers were spotted leaving a hotel with women they were meeting for business? I'm annoyed that Yuzu's name is getting dragged into it when he was in Toronto, half a world away. But I just don't see why two men spotted walking out of a hotel with some women is a scandal? Like, it happens all the time? Any business meeting could end up that way...yes paparazzi like to take these photos and sell them to People magazine, but it doesn't mean there was anything bad going on. It's just gossip.

^^^

33 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

Expected news but still sad ones. I can't even imagine how frustrating this must be for him. And to be honest I just feel really bad, I wonder, how much will his body keep tolerating? Even with all his amazing talent I just can't imagine what if he can't skate more. I was very excited when he said he still had things to do in skating (well more like landing 4A) but I fear for his health. I fear he might be asking too much of his body. But I know he enjoys performing at his best the most (which means crazy difficulty). I don't know what the future holds but I hope Yuzu is able to achieve his goals and retire when he feels ready and not because his body just doesn't hold anymore. 

Given the latest injury, I don't feel confident Yuzu will be able to realize his goal, the 4A. It seems his ankle leaves him no room for error - and training the 4A means lots and lots of errors.

25 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

^^^

Given the latest injury, I don't feel confident Yuzu will be able to realize his goal, the 4A. It seems his ankle leaves him no room for error - and training the 4A means lots and lots of errors.

Well, the fact that he was training it this summer, even after last year's injury, means there must be a way to do it safely. But yeah, now I'm worried too.

15 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Yeah, that bit made me pause. Normally he doesn't complain about the pain that openly. Plus saying 'I hope the pain will go away' implies that he isn't sure it will....:sadPooh:

Am I missing something in this gossip scandal? Why is it such a big deal in Japanese tabloids that two performers were spotted leaving a hotel with women they were meeting for business? I'm annoyed that Yuzu's name is getting dragged into it when he was in Toronto, half a world away. But I just don't see why two men spotted walking out of a hotel with some women is a scandal? Like, it happens all the time? Any business meeting could end up that way...yes paparazzi like to take these photos and sell them to People magazine, but it doesn't mean there was anything bad going on. It's just gossip.

It could be just normal gossip but it became this big because they drag Yuzuru name into this, using his name as headline. That's why people got upset, not the actual thing happened. This scandal got trending in Japanese media the whole day mainly because they tagged Yuzuru name.  I mean when you see "羽生",you immidiately think of Yuzuru, not to mention they highlighed and put it into big font. 

2 minutes ago, Katt said:

It could be just normal gossip but it became this big because they drag Yuzuru name into this, using his name as headline. That's why people got upset, not the actual thing happened. This scandal got trending in Japanese media the whole day mainly because they tagged Yuzuru name.  I mean when you see "羽生",you immidiately think of Yuzuru, not to mention they highlighed and put it into big font. 

Yeah, that part sucks. It's callously using his name just to sell papers...and not just him. There's that shogi master whose name has the same kanji as Yuzu's...he will also be affected. Really irresponsible of the gossip media to do this. 

6 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Spoiler

First, iirc, it was love hotel. Second, according to titles, it was YUZURU HANYU"s cosplayer. Here is problem.