General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, sweetwater said:

So there is another photo exhibition, the first part of it is going to be held during Dec. 14-26, the second part is going to be during Jan. 3-16, at Sendai Ennich. Open except for Thursdays (Jan. 3 is an exception) from 10:30 to 18:00.

13 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Oh is there anywhere I could find more information about this? Or is it okay to just rock up? I'm guessing both parts will be held in Sendai? 

7 hours ago, yumeaki said:

Both parts in Sendai and will be held at Sendai Ennichi. Judging by 'Vol. 10', I guess this should be the 10th series of exhibition of photos taken by Nodo-san. You can find the announcement of the event on the venue's website here: http://www.ox-tv.co.jp/en/#event 

Entrance is free!

@dotsquare 

Sorry for being late to reply! The event is held in a space called "Sendai Ennnichi (仙台縁日)" owned by Sendai Hoso, a Sendai-based TV company which will air nationals in Miyagi. The event has been announced by them on their website shared by @yumeaki and on the poster as well. As yumeaki guessed, they'll exhibit photos by Sunao Noto. According to the info on the poster, they'll exhibit different phots in the first and second half of the exhibition respectively.

Here is the map of the place. (2 Chome-1-18 Chūō, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi-ken 980-0021 is the address of Sendai Ennnichi)

Fans in Sendai kindly shared photos of the place today.

Seems like the poster is displayed on Sendai Ennich's wall.

The third photo is the entrance of Sendai Ennnich.

ETA: Another photo of the place

25 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

@dotsquare 

Sorry for being late to reply! The event is held in a space called "Sendai Ennnichi (仙台縁日)" owned by Sendai Hoso, a Sendai-based TV company which will air nationals in Miyagi. The event has been announced by them on their website shared by @yumeaki and on the poster as well. As yumeaki guessed, they'll exhibit photos by Sunao Noto. According to the info on the poster, they'll exhibit different phots in the first and second half of the exhibition respectively.

Here is the map of the place. (2 Chome-1-18 Chūō, Aoba-ku, Sendai-shi, Miyagi-ken 980-0021 is the address of Sendai Ennnichi)

Fans in Sendai kindly shared photos of the place today.

Seems like the poster is displayed on Sendai Ennich's wall.

The third photo is the entrance of Sendai Ennnich.

There was an exhibition there in April, when the parade took place, too. I stopped by, though not on the day of the Parade, but a couple of days later. It's actually a really small place, on a commercial street sort of around downtown Sendai - pretty close to the JR station; IIRC, I walked from there to the JR station, despite the rain on that day. The pictures were really nice, though! And even just that big poster outside is more than worth it! lol So beautiful... Also, if in Sendai, do go to Ice Rink Sendai. The gallery there is also free entrance and it's really nice. I got super emotional there, especially as the Pandalion video from this year was playing on repeat on a big screen TV there. And of course, if you can skate, you can go in properly, too. I can't so the gallery was it for me lol

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

There was an exhibition there in April, when the parade took place, too. I stopped by, though not on the day of the Parade, but a couple of days later. It's actually a really small place, on a commercial street sort of around downtown Sendai - pretty close to the JR station; IIRC, I walked from there to the JR station, despite the rain on that day. The pictures were really nice, though! And even just that big poster outside is more than worth it! lol So beautiful... Also, if in Sendai, do go to Ice Rink Sendai. The gallery there is also free entrance and it's really nice. I got super emotional there, especially as the Pandalion video from this year was playing on repeat on a big screen TV there. And of course, if you can skate, you can go in properly, too. I can't so the gallery was it for me lol

Yes I'm definitely going to visit Ice Rink Sendai! Super excited :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Thanks for the info! 

16 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

Yes I'm definitely going to visit Ice Rink Sendai! Super excited :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: Thanks for the info! 

Travel tip: if you walk from the subway station (Yaotome station) to Ice Rink Sendai and use Google Maps for guidance, it will probably take you on a roundabout route that is supposed to be faster, but isn't lol It is indeed shorter, but because it doesn't know where the entrance is, it will lead you to the back of the rink. So you still have to go around to the front and so the difference melts away. It will tell you to turn right after you cross the river and then take you on some smaller streets. My advice, instead, is to go straight ahead until you encounter a bigger street (it's a two way, 4 lane street, with buses and so on; you'll notice easily that it's bigger), then turn right and walk straight until you find it. It's hard to miss the whole sports complex to be honest, but for extra help, it's after 7eleven on the right lol (I've only been there twice, but for some reason the whole path is imprinted in my memory so well I could probably guide you in my sleep!:notamused:)

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Travel tip: if you walk from the subway station (Yaotome station) to Ice Rink Sendai and use Google Maps for guidance, it will probably take you on a roundabout route that is supposed to be faster, but isn't lol It is indeed shorter, but because it doesn't know where the entrance is, it will lead you to the back of the rink. So you still have to go around to the front and so the difference melts away. It will tell you to turn right after you cross the river and then take you on some smaller streets. My advice, instead, is to go straight ahead until you encounter a bigger street (it's a two way, 4 lane street, with buses and so on; you'll notice easily that it's bigger), then turn right and walk straight until you find it. It's hard to miss the whole sports complex to be honest, but for extra help, it's after 7eleven on the right lol (I've only been there twice, but for some reason the whole path is imprinted in my memory so well I could probably guide you in my sleep!:notamused:)

Thank you!! <3 I really appreciate it! 

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I can understand this worry, but if you go back and look at some of the things Brian's been saying in the past year, but especially since the Olympics, I think he's learned what he needs as a coach to be able to manage expectations. Stephen isn't the first young phenom Brian has had charge of, and he won't be the last. I'd be more worried about Skate Canada. As an organization, it sometimes seems a bit clumsy in how it handles skaters with high potential.

Hide contents

Also, I know you didn't mean it badly, but Brian's not viewed as someone who failed as a skater, at least not at home in Canada. He lost gold by 0.1 of a point. That's  a slim enough margin that most Canadian skating fans at the time assumed he was robbed by partisan judging. And he had all kinds of success afterwards. But he does get that 'your skaters can get the gold you didn't' thing a lot from the media. It's really unfortunate, because that's not what Brian's coaching is about.

Spoiler

With 'failing' I wasn't thinking about the result itself but rather Brian's feeling that he had let down his country. I remember a documentary, I think it was pre-Sochi, maybe where they asked him who could win gold (I think it was the doc with Patrick, Kurt and Elvis too, but I'm not sure) where he spoke about those feelings and that it took him years before he could look back and say that he had done his best and it was ok. Even if in that interview he had made peace with himself and moved on, it was sad to think about how that silver, that was a huge achivement in itself and worth celebrating, had haunted Brian in the past.

In general watching the Patrick&canadian men documentary made me feel for all of them :consoling2:  

Eta: I feel I already had this conversation before whops :81:

Now gotta keep the post on topic..........

I miss Yuzu :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: Soon it will be a month since we last saw him :sigh: I hope in an update soon....no documentaries or CM scheduled? I could do with some more Hotto Ghana:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: