General Yuzuru Chat

I made some response to those salty tweet on why a figure skater can dominate Lebron:

I said, there might be several "Lebron" in the basketball field, and you certainly cannot say, Kobe and him who is greater. 

But there is only one Hanyu Yuzuru who have continually improved figure skating this sport in the past 8 years. 

3 hours ago, salty said:

you guys, if watching sports animes all my life has taught me anything, is that even the most unimpressive looking sport can be incredibly cutthroat and difficult. Every professional athlete works blood, sweat, and tears to write their name in the book of history so let's celebrate them instead of bringing anyone down

((completely OT - but while im on the subject of sports animes if you guys haven't watched Ping Pong: the Animation can you really say you have lived?))

Spoiler

I didn't like Ping Pong the Animation. I mean, I liked it. But then the ending ruined it for me so now it's a bad memory. :P

The :salty: was too high for me.

1 hour ago, sweetwater said:

So there is another photo exhibition, the first part of it is going to be held during Dec. 14-26, the second part is going to be during Jan. 3-16, at Sendai Ennich. Open except for Thursdays (Jan. 3 is an exception) from 10:30 to 18:00.

Oh is there anywhere I could find more information about this? Or is it okay to just rock up? I'm guessing both parts will be held in Sendai? 

5小時前, kaeryth說:

This poster is so....pretty.....oh my...........yuzu i miss you :sadPooh:

3小時前, Anzi說:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrIk5PyhePd/

OMG, can someone help me to post this ins?!!!! I don't know how to do but this is so hilarious!!! 

Damn.....i just can't stop laughing of this video :omg:

The pic of zuzu is just........he is in the mood, so focus on his guitar work :LOL:

And Tracy mama clearly show her ice-dance power

5 hours ago, LadyLou said:

tbh I'm kinda glad Brian isn't the main coach anymore because I was worrying that, despite Brian's experience and growth as a coach, Brian himself could feel the pressure of delivering gold to Canada as a coach, after he failed as a skater...after all, he's coached two skaters to OGM and one of them twice, wouldn't media and people and himself almost expect him to continue the golden streak, and this time with a Canadian man? so, idk if before OWG he's gonna the main coach again, but for now it's certainly good that the hype train and pressure of coaching the Canadian hope for gold has lessened a bit for both skater and coach:biggrin:

I can understand this worry, but if you go back and look at some of the things Brian's been saying in the past year, but especially since the Olympics, I think he's learned what he needs as a coach to be able to manage expectations. Stephen isn't the first young phenom Brian has had charge of, and he won't be the last. I'd be more worried about Skate Canada. As an organization, it sometimes seems a bit clumsy in how it handles skaters with high potential.

Spoiler

Also, I know you didn't mean it badly, but Brian's not viewed as someone who failed as a skater, at least not at home in Canada. He lost gold by 0.1 of a point. That's  a slim enough margin that most Canadian skating fans at the time assumed he was robbed by partisan judging. And he had all kinds of success afterwards. But he does get that 'your skaters can get the gold you didn't' thing a lot from the media. It's really unfortunate, because that's not what Brian's coaching is about.

8 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Of course they work hard to get where they are. However, they don't have the character and integrity, honesty and general overall goodness Yuzu does, so to my mind he's head and shoulders above them. 

Plus, I just hate basketball in general (and NFL football, and soccer. I can tolerate baseball and enjoy hockey but most of the major league sports leave me cold). So I'm not inclined to be impressed by the sport's athletes. IMO rugby has far better role models and is way more entertaining to watch. 

Dunno about the others, but LeBron make a school for underprivileged children at his home town. I know about this coz my friends discussed about him before. 

6 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Hide contents

I didn't like Ping Pong the Animation. I mean, I liked it. But then the ending ruined it for me so now it's a bad memory. :P

The :salty: was too high for me.

Spoiler

whaaa?? the ending is so wholesome! what about it didn't sit well with you? feel free to dm btw

5 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Oh is there anywhere I could find more information about this? Or is it okay to just rock up? I'm guessing both parts will be held in Sendai? 

Both parts in Sendai and will be held at Sendai Ennichi. Judging by 'Vol. 10', I guess this should be the 10th series of exhibition of photos taken by Nodo-san. You can find the announcement of the event on the venue's website here: http://www.ox-tv.co.jp/en/#event 

Entrance is free!