General Yuzuru Chat

21 hours ago, Xen said:

Hmm... it's interesting, but I really don't know if you should read too much into it.  The rise and dip in the PCS do correspond to the cleanness of Yuzu's programs, and considering he had axel issues in Rostel, rules wise he really couldn't score too high due to the "major errors" cap in place now. The other guys' data also kind of correspond with their general cleanness too- though Shoma got lower than I thought, though you could argue that his weird 4S could count as a major error. But it seems, that should the trend follow, clean programs from the guys, would put Yuzu at around 9.6+ PCS avg, Shoma and Nate both hover around 8.7-8.9, and Jason should be around 9.2, Kolyada also around 9.0. Which is the same theme as we've come to expect.

I agree with you. This plot by itself is meaningless. The correct thing is to plot PCS by some measure of how "clean" they are, eg: PCS by TES, or PCS by total GOE, for example.

10 hours ago, LadyLou said:

for how much it saddens my fanyu heart to see those scores for ACI (especially SS and TR and especially for the SP) it makes me kinda glad that no blatant inflation can be claimed when he doesn't perform at his best tho if I start to compare the marks with the actual programs for all the skaters I might get salty, and not only on Yuzuru's behalf, so let's not go there LOL

Kaerb's analysis of the poster composition :68271262:

:LOL:

I LOL so hard seeing this. I LOVE it! 

Rika doesn't send out the killer vibe but she definitely has that killer instinct when it comes to her jumps. Yuzu will have to let the axel sister takes care of the JNATS.

ETA: Old video uploaded recently.

10 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Some wishful thinking there, making Yuzu front and center. Also, did Daisuke qualify for Nats? I've lost track. 

Yes, Dai qualified by winning the KinKi Regionals.

Apparently the Kikuchi-san officially retiring thing was published in a publication that was also responsible for some not-so-nice gossip about Yuzuru (though I haven't seen it in print nor can I find it on their website, only screencaps of the words themselves shared privately). JFans don't really want to give the publication clicks which is why the news isn't spreading around Twitter. I haven't seen it substantiated by any other source, though I don't actually doubt the fact he's retired (it would explain his absence this season). But just letting people know it hasn't been 'officially' announced by any other news source. 

1 hour ago, Tee said:

lol

ok I already knew this... and it makes me even more salty than the pcs and jump GOE analysis, so I'm really trying hard not to go there....AND FAILING AAAAAAARGHHHHHH WHY WHAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH JUDGES Jason and Yuzu should be first and by a lot and argh if not even in a the second WR Otonal stsq could get all +5 (it even got some +3!!!) GOE are cancelled :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum: