General Yuzuru Chat

I know some might get on me since this is a thread about Yuzu but I think I'm justified in bringing this up.  A simple statement - Stephen Gogolev is the youngest person to win the JGPF.  The previous record-holder - Yuzuru Hanyu.  Yuzu is still the skater whom I most closely follow and whom I feel is much more than a skater and an athlete.  Yuzu is a very great human being.  I don't think Stephen or any other skater I know of will ever be able to achieve that, and Yuzu has done so by simply being himself.  

7 hours ago, Forcefield said:

So they're saying it's obvious Yuzu deservedly gets higher PCS?

In fact, what this says the most is that even for Yuzu the judges aren't afraid to pull his PCS down. He didn't start this season at the peak in form AND scores. In my opinion his programs got better at every outing. Yuzu when he is on or even near being on deserves higher PCS than Nathan and Shoma. If people expect him to be in the same range as Shoma and Nathan and make a fuss about it, then they are mistaken and it is laughable.

In fact, Jason has an almost even bigger hike and it's also deserved. Meanwhile Shoma starting off higher and then descending is a nod to the scoring at Lombardia trophy, or his later performances. For Shoma let's hope his PB PCS doesn't remain to be that. And for Chen, minus Japan Open he started his first competition on home soil with programs that wasnt stripped away yet to some of it's bones.

for how much it saddens my fanyu heart to see those scores for ACI (especially SS and TR and especially for the SP) it makes me kinda glad that no blatant inflation can be claimed when he doesn't perform at his best tho if I start to compare the marks with the actual programs for all the skaters I might get salty, and not only on Yuzuru's behalf, so let's not go there LOL

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Kaerb's analysis of the poster composition :68271262:

:LOL:

2 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

I don't think Yuzuru is doing Nationals. But they are using him to get tickets before he withdraws me thinks. 

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

I think it would be weird not put him there before official announcement.

Yea, they can't leave him off before official WD announcement, but it tickles me that they must add him right in the center anyway where if he must be removed it'll be missed. :laughing:

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

I know some might get on me since this is a thread about Yuzu but I think I'm justified in bringing this up.  A simple statement - Stephen Gogolev is the youngest person to win the JGPF.  The previous record-holder - Yuzuru Hanyu.  Yuzu is still the skater whom I most closely follow and whom I feel is much more than a skater and an athlete.  Yuzu is a very great human being.  I don't think Stephen or any other skater I know of will ever be able to achieve that, and Yuzu has done so by simply being himself.  

While I technically agree with your statements, has anyone implied otherwise? If somebody is seriously using this record to argue that Stephen is a greater skater than Yuzuru, that might be the most hasty conclusion I have ever encountered. 

If I recall correctly, Stephen actually looks up to Yuzu a lot, and I find it unlikely that he himself thinks that he has surpassed Yuzu after this competition. 

The record for “youngest skater to win x event” is likely always going to be broken sooner or later (until the skaters literally can’t get any younger and still be eligible), and while it’s impressive it is far from an absolute indication of the skater’s skill. Tara Lipinski isn’t generally regarded as the greatest women skater of all time, despite the fact that she is the youngest skater to ever win an individual ladies OGM. 

Maybe I completely misunderstood your post, but I don’t think you have anything to worry about :7938863:

Yuzu’s legacy is far too great to be overshadowed by someone breaking this one record. Actually, given the way Yuzuru has talked about Gogolev, I would think he’s actually just proud of him right now.

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I will always be thankful for him being there for Yuzu :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

So it is confirmed.

Thank YOu Kikuchi-san for being with Yuzu and helping him to become the Champion he is.

For some reason I felt that Yuzu is always cared for whenever Kikuchi-san is around.

I know he still is but there bond is special.

:cri:

5 minutes ago, Ashley2162018 said:

So it is confirmed.

Thank YOu Kikuchi-san for being with Yuzu and helping him to become the Champion he is.

For some reason I felt that Yuzu is always cared for whenever Kikuchi-san is around.

I know he still is but there bond is special.

:cri:

I hope after his retirement, Kikuchi-Ojisan has plenty of time to enjoy his life with his family, traveling to places he want to go. And most importantly, Yuzu probably with Brain can visit him during the off season time!