General Yuzuru Chat

27 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Well tbh it's difficult to compare since new system. 

That said, even comparing scores within this season it's still lol. 

I read on twitter that it was some skaters SB even if they skated better during the season? :3:

I wonder if Zu would’ve broken 300 points again if he attended. 

在2018/12/7 at PM4點22分, sophiang說:

:heart:Our Golden boy HAPPY BIRTHDAY :heart:

Hope you are happy everyday, just do what you want, we will support you as always!

LOVE YOU, Stay Healthy and Thank you for always give us miracle with your performance

Plan to buy a small cake for yuzu and i will eat it for dinner :winky:

Yesterday is so busy outside, so now i have time to post the cake for yuzu i buy (and ate) yesterday :winky:

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

We have our priorities, we do, but it would have been a crime for those skates to overtake even an early and unevolved Origin....

Browsing through Twitter, by the way, is it my imagination or are there actually more tweets about Yuzu's birthday than about the whole GPF??

It is coz the da*n Fan**s are such a fake fan of figure skating that they care more about one skater's birthday instead of a competition where 36 (minus one) best, hardworking skaters in the world are fighting for a medal.

(sarcasm is dripping from my every word) :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

And my Fan**'s mind will said, "Why shouldn't we? After all he's done and give to the sport?"

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

We have our priorities, we do, but it would have been a crime for those skates to overtake even an early and unevolved Origin....

Browsing through Twitter, by the way, is it my imagination or are there actually more tweets about Yuzu's birthday than about the whole GPF??

This is why a thread in a certain forum asking about the most popular discipline has me scratching my head. Uh, men's is clearly the most popular discipline at the present because of one person, Yuzuru Hanyu, why are so many posts saying something different?

13 minutes ago, shanshani said:

This is why a thread in a certain forum asking about the most popular discipline has me scratching my head. Uh, men's is clearly the most popular discipline at the present because of one person, Yuzuru Hanyu, why are so many posts saying something different?

If Yuzu is competing, then the most popular discipline would be senior mens. Yepp, ISU should already recognize that Yuzu is the biggest factor of mens FS popularity.

But considering Yuzu's not there, I can say that ladies are currently the most popular? I mean, we have two ladies doing 3A and one OG gold medalist.

Things have to be merry at TCC this day.  Christmas has come early and, given how Yuzu celebrates the successes of his fellow skaters at TCC, two of them have given him two remarkable birthday presents.  Junhwan continues making this his breakout season by nailing the bronze at the GPF.  He's medaled at every event he's been in this season (though no golds) making this a season this Korean seventeen-year-old can look to with pride.  His successes plus his genuine cuteness must be making him an object of fascination in his home country.  Then there's Stephen Gogolev (I know, I have a thing for him but I also have high expectations for him as I see him becoming the next Yuzu - though he doesn't have Yuzu's charisma).  Stephen was the first alternate and with the  withdrawal of one of the JGPF six he moved up into the competition.  Second in the short, he dominated in the free-skate and became the the youngest ever to win the men's JGPF.  His score was such that had he been skating in the Senior GPF he would have placed fifth.  Not bad for a thirteen-(about to be fourteen)year-old.  Right now I'm sure he's being regarded in Canada as the next Patrick Chan.

Now for Yuzu.  I originally thought it would be nice if Yuzu had traveled with the others to Vancouver and watched things from the stands but then I realized that if he were he'd bring a lot of the attention to him rather than to the skaters.  So Yuzu almost certainly watched the proceedings at home.  I'm certain he was as happy seeing his training-mate's successes as he was when he saw Javi succeed.  Just as with Javi, I think Yuzu is being inspired by the successes of his two training-mates to harden his resolve for Worlds coming up next year.   As for HIS season he's probably still looking at perhaps doing Japanese nationals and/or Four Continents, doctors and ankle willing.  The temptation would be to finally bring about a confrontation between him and Shoma for the Japanese title.  Shoma's taken the title the past two years but both come with an unofficial asterisk (meaning Yuzu wasn't there).  As to Four Continents, gold has eluded Yuzu over the years with the best he's done there being silver.  The temptation must be to accomplish a bit of business that must be on his figure-skating bucket list.  Worlds, however, is almost certainly his highest priority.  While he's not looking at this year's championship with the intensity he was looking when he approached PC it's more than likely he's still very determined and what better place could there be to unveil a Nessie for the world to marvel at?

In any case Yuzu is now sharing the training ice with three other members of the figure-skating elite - Evgenia who came to TCC already a solid member of the Lady's elite, and Junhwan, who now is automatically being regarded as a podium contender in any competition he's in, and Stephen, who has become one of the credible contenders for the Junior World Championship this season.  All in all TCC has to be a happy place these days, although it would have been happier had Yuzu been skating in Vancouver, but fate, the gods and Yuzu's right ankle decided otherwise.  In any case Yuzu would have gone to bed last night with happy thoughts about Junhwan's and Stephen's successes and little thought of how great it would have been to be there himself.  He's just not the sort of person to focus on the negative.  Two medals, even if not his, coming to TCC are the stuff to make for happy dreams for Yuzu.  That's the sort of thing anyone needs when going to bed on his birthday.  

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Things have to be merry at TCC this day.  Christmas has come early and, given how Yuzu celebrates the successes of his fellow skaters at TCC, two of them have given him two remarkable birthday presents.  Junhwan continues making this his breakout season by nailing the bronze at the GPF.  He's medaled at every event he's been in this season (though no golds) making this a season this Korean seventeen-year-old can look to with pride.  His successes plus his genuine cuteness must be making him an object of fascination in his home country.  Then there's Stephen Gogolev (I know, I have a thing for him but I also have high expectations for him as I see him becoming the next Yuzu - though he doesn't have Yuzu's charisma).  Stephen was the first alternate and with the  withdrawal of one of the JGPF six he moved up into the competition.  Second in the short, he dominated in the free-skate and became the the youngest ever to win the men's JGPF.  His score was such that had he been skating in the Senior GPF he would have placed fifth.  Not bad for a thirteen-(about to be fourteen)year-old.  Right now I'm sure he's being regarded in Canada as the next Patrick Chan.

Now for Yuzu.  I originally thought it would be nice if Yuzu had traveled with the others to Vancouver and watched things from the stands but then I realized that if he were he'd bring a lot of the attention to him rather than to the skaters.  So Yuzu almost certainly watched the proceedings at home.  I'm certain he was as happy seeing his training-mate's successes as he was when he saw Javi succeed.  Just as with Javi, I think Yuzu is being inspired by the successes of his two training-mates to harden his resolve for Worlds coming up next year.   As for HIS season he's probably still looking at perhaps doing Japanese nationals and/or Four Continents, doctors and ankle willing.  The temptation would be to finally bring about a confrontation between him and Shoma for the Japanese title.  Shoma's taken the title the past two years but both come with an unofficial asterisk (meaning Yuzu wasn't there).  As to Four Continents, gold has eluded Yuzu over the years with the best he's done there being silver.  The temptation must be to accomplish a bit of business that must be on his figure-skating bucket list.  Worlds, however, is almost certainly his highest priority.  While he's not looking at this year's championship with the intensity he was looking when he approached PC it's more than likely he's still very determined and what better place could there be to unveil a Nessie for the world to marvel at?

In any case Yuzu is now sharing the training ice with three other members of the figure-skating elite - Evgenia who came to TCC already a solid member of the Lady's elite, and Junhwan, who now is automatically being regarded as a podium contender in any competition he's in, and Stephen, who has become one of the credible contenders for the Junior World Championship this season.  All in all TCC has to be a happy place these days, although it would have been happier had Yuzu been skating in Vancouver, but fate, the gods and Yuzu's right ankle decided otherwise.  In any case Yuzu would have gone to bed last night with happy thoughts about Junhwan's and Stephen's successes and little thought of how great it would have been to be there himself.  He's just not the sort of person to focus on the negative.  Two medals, even if not his, coming to TCC are the stuff to make for happy dreams for Yuzu.  That's the sort of thing anyone needs when going to bed on his birthday.  

@micaelis

1) I didn't know this was a Gogolev thread now.

2) I didn't know you could read Yuzu's thoughts on how he feels about his training mates, when he goes to sleep, what competitions he watches, and what he thinks about before he goes to bed. :dry:

8 hours ago, yuzuonice said:

@micaelis

1) I didn't know this was a Gogolev thread now.

2) I didn't know you could read Yuzu's thoughts on how he feels about his training mates, when he goes to sleep, what competitions he watches, and what he thinks about before he goes to bed. :dry:

1. Things are slow on the Yuzu front and it does not do any harm. We're not at GS where every single word has to be weighed for fear of being banned for off-topic.

2. Did you notice how miaelis used the words "probably" "I think" "has to be" etc? micaelis is not claiming to know Yuzu's thoughts. He's guessing and musing on Yuzu's feelings and the TCC dynamics like we do here all the time. Your thoughts may be different - why not express what you feel is different instead of berating micaelis for his musings?

So anyway, I guess watching the GPF made me feel the Yuzu withdrawal quite acutely, so I made a clean edit of his Rostelecom skate. I replaced the final two axels with jumps from Helsinki. The result is a big ass zayak and an experienced eye will notice impossible transtions but it's as close to what Origin was supposed to look like as we can get before worlds. I know lots of fans are traumatized and don't want to watch the Rostelecom FS but it's actually great interpretation-wise. Yuzu never gives up and the whole thing is fierce throught, he even smiles widely before going into the mini-hydroblade. I've already rewatched it a million times while tweaking the footage and noticed so many details!  At 3:22 there's a sound effect like a sword slashing and Yuzu makes two movements with his right hand - not very visible because it's on the side that the camera doesn't show - up and down as if he were slashing a sword! And there;s that energetic forceful downwards hands movement that goes on the beat when he's coming out of the one-before-last spin. :heart:

I couldn't help myself and added a sound effect to the "mind blown" pose.:drama:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FfOHf1Eel1VhNot7wt94prvg9MSQcA0r/view?usp=sharing

Hope you guys will enjoy it! And if you want to show Origin to a casual viewer, it's a good option! I don't think an inexperienced viewer will notice something weird is going on if they are focused on Yuzu and not the surroundings, and you can always explain, "Well, he actually fell in the competition, do you want to see that version?" :grin:

I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts and feelings.  I wish I could post more but I am timid and English is not my language. I hope  @micaelis keeps expressing his thoughts which I find interesting.  Everyone has different views and should feel free to share his/her thoughts, because that makes this forum fascinating, at least to me.  Just my humble opinion.

16 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

Sorry for quoting myself, but I finally got the video done and wanted my three birthday thingies to be together :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I had so much fun with this :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:but I'm still kinda queasy about it. I hope it somehow reaches the overlord and that he likes it.

I hope you guys like it too!

Very nice. 

53 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

So anyway, I guess watching the GPF made me feel the Yuzu withdrawal quite acutely, so I made a clean edit of his Rostelecom skate. I replaced the final two axels with jumps from Helsinki. The result is a big ass zayak and an experienced eye will notice impossible transtions but it's as close to what Origin was supposed to look like as we can get before worlds. I know lots of fans are traumatized and don't want to watch the Rostelecom FS but it's actually great interpretation-wise. Yuzu never gives up and the whole thing is fierce throught, he even smiles widely before going into the mini-hydroblade. I've already rewatched it a million times while tweaking the footage and noticed so many details!  At 3:22 there's a sound effect like a sword slashing and Yuzu makes two movements with his right hand - not very visible because it's on the side that the camera doesn't show - up and down as if he were slashing a sword! And there;s that energetic forceful downwards hands movement that goes on the beat when he's coming out of the one-before-last spin. :heart:

I couldn't help myself and added a sound effect to the "mind blown" pose.:drama:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FfOHf1Eel1VhNot7wt94prvg9MSQcA0r/view?usp=sharing

Hope you guys will enjoy it! And if you want to show Origin to a casual viewer, it's a good option! I don't think an inexperienced viewer will notice something weird is going on if they are focused on Yuzu and not the surroundings, and you can always explain, "Well, he actually fell in the competition, do you want to see that version?" :grin:

can u edit the biellmann spin in somewhere? :68468287: just kidding thank you for the edit.

To think we were so :snmouchotto:close to seeing the biellmann back. I really miss the spin and zu

47 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Very nice. 

Thank you! ❤️ 

1 hour ago, Moria Polonius said:

Asakrkfkdmfkkrke ❤️❤️❤️❤️