General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

The Google Translate version reads almost like a poem. It's very fitting and beautiful. But it made me cry for him all over again. :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

古龙曾说:“歌女的歌,舞者的舞,

剑客的剑,文人的笔,英雄的斗志,都是这样子的,

只要是不死,就不能放弃。”

Gu Long once said, "The song of the singer, the dance of a dancer, the sword of a swordmaster, the pen of a writer, the spirit of the hero, they are all like this- so long as one lives, one shall not give up."

(Gu Long= well known writer who wrote historical martial arts fantasy-fiction)

11 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Its worth reading, even with google translate!

Just read this article, and I have to agree it was beautiful (even though translating was a bit of a pain). The way they narrated his entire life (sort of) was just like a story, with yuzu as the main character. And even though I knew what was ahead, I shed tears as it all unfolded in front of my eyes. And if I could understand those poetic words I would have loved it even more, but even so it was the most beautiful yuzu article I ever read. I knew how much yuzu had suffered, but I never realized his suffering of going to Canada, I too was brought in a different country rather than my homeland, but I was pretty young when we shifted so I didn’t have much problems. However, I can’t even imagine how it must’ve been like for him, surrounded by such people and feeling a little lost due to the language barrier. And we know yuzu loves to do what he does best, so he must’ve felt very helpless and alone (I hope someone was there for him then, before Javi because idk when they became friends). Now as well, I hope he has someone by his side (his family or friends) and that he’s not completely alone, because we know how much he likes to stay strong but he’s also only human. This bday of his might not be his best one, but I hope he can at least fully enjoy it and be happy. That’s all we truly want now from him, as long as he’s happy and healthy, he’s already done enough, he too needs his comfy time.

38 minutes ago, Hester said:

Just read this article, and I have to agree it was beautiful (even though translating was a bit of a pain). The way they narrated his entire life (sort of) was just like a story, with yuzu as the main character. And even though I knew what was ahead, I shed tears as it all unfolded in front of my eyes. And if I could understand those poetic words I would have loved it even more, but even so it was the most beautiful yuzu article I ever read. I knew how much yuzu had suffered, but I never realized his suffering of going to Canada, I too was brought in a different country rather than my homeland, but I was pretty young when we shifted so I didn’t have much problems. However, I can’t even imagine how it must’ve been like for him, surrounded by such people and feeling a little lost due to the language barrier. And we know yuzu loves to do what he does best, so he must’ve felt very helpless and alone (I hope someone was there for him then, before Javi because idk when they became friends). Now as well, I hope he has someone by his side (his family or friends) and that he’s not completely alone, because we know how much he likes to stay strong but he’s also only human. This bday of his might not be his best one, but I hope he can at least fully enjoy it and be happy. That’s all we truly want now from him, as long as he’s happy and healthy, he’s already done enough, he too needs his comfy time.

Yes the article is written very well ! I know how it is to leave home because at the age of 19 I moved alone to the USA for two years and in the first 6 month I would cry as soon as I heard my mothers voice and when I was not busy .I hope that his birthday week is a nice relaxing one at that he feels loved ! I hope that his new year will bring him joy, health, luck and that he is comfortable in his own skin and that he will not care about what some haters say about him !

16 hours ago, IULIANA said:

Its worth reading, even with google translate!

Behind him, the stars shine like dreams :sadPooh:

Was the white towel incident supposed to be a bad thing? I always thought it was an accident? At Japanese Nationals 2015 after his SP.

5 hours ago, Hester said:

surrounded by such people and feeling a little lost due to the language barrier. 

Canada is a country of immigrants, most of them coming from countries where English is not  the first language spoken. Yuzu's experience is common here. It's difficult to overcome the language barrier, and it goes both ways - the people he met here at first probably wanted to help but couldn't speak Japanese either. 

The part that really strikes me though, is Yuzu winning big competitions less than a year after the Tohoku Earthquake. He had to overcome real, incredibly huge hardships to get to that point. It makes his PC gold look small in comparison. 

42 minutes ago, Tee said:

Behind him, the stars shine like dreams :sadPooh:

Was the white towel incident supposed to be a bad thing? I always thought it was an accident? At Japanese Nationals 2015 after his SP.

Could someone explain what it was supposed to mean? To my Western eyes, it doesn't look like anything. Is it as bad as, say, ice hockey fans dumping a beer over a player's head that they don't like? 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I've never heard about it being an accident...and looking at the gif it doesn't look accidental...

I meant accidental in a way that some fans only throw their gifts at him when he skates close to them at the k&c (it's well-intentioned I guess?). Idk why tbh because it has hit him a few times  (although sometimes it is funny depending on his reaction. Here, not so much)

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Could someone explain what it was supposed to mean? To my Western eyes, it doesn't look like anything. Is it as bad as, say, ice hockey fans dumping a beer over a player's head that they don't like? 

He felt like he had to be perfect (he said so in the k&c) and he was kinda upset at not getting the results he was aiming for so idk, throwing something at someone while upset and in the middle of thanking his coach (even well-intentioned) is a bit? idk how to say it but ? 

44 minutes ago, Tee said:

I meant accidental in a way that some fans only throw their gifts at him when he skates close to them at the k&c (it's well-intentioned I guess?). Idk why tbh because it has hit him a few times  (although sometimes it is funny depending on his reaction. Here, not so much)

He felt like he had to be perfect (he said so in the k&c) and he was kinda upset at not getting the results he was aiming for so idk, throwing something at someone while upset and in the middle of thanking his coach (even well-intentioned) is a bit? idk how to say it but ? 

Sure. What I was wondering was if it was more than just someone being mean, I guess....like is throwing a towel at someone meant to be a particular message ( like the booing)  or was it just general meanness. 

59 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Sure. What I was wondering was if it was more than just someone being mean, I guess....like is throwing a towel at someone meant to be a particular message ( like the booing)  or was it just general meanness. 

Not just throwing a towel at someone, but specifically a white towel over someone's head is meant for dead people. So in throwing the white towel over his head, the person is cursing him, like a "I hope you die" kind of thing. (It makes me super sad and angry at the same time someone would do that to a teenager. The look on his face when he was standing on the podium at 2012 Nationals breaks my heart every time.)

20 minutes ago, Chitsuki said:

Not just throwing a towel at someone, but specifically a white towel over someone's head is meant for dead people. So in throwing the white towel over his head, the person is cursing him, like a "I hope you die" kind of thing. (It makes me super sad and angry at the same time someone would do that to a teenager. The look on his face when he was standing on the podium at 2012 Nationals breaks my heart every time.)

I always assumed it was a fan gift (since brian laughed) but thinking about it now it doesn't look like a gift, gifts are almost always wrapped or on a bag (except plushies sometimes) :/

23 minutes ago, Paskud said:

meejung hwang deleted...

:dpooh: Here I am with internet that is one step above dial-up, helpless to save anything. If anybody is out there with unlimited bandwidth and a whole load of hard drive space, please please pleaaaaase preserve what you can. I'm sure a lot of people have saved all the Yuzu everything but all those other precious skaters' routines I don't have much hope for. 

11 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

:dpooh: Here I am with internet that is one step above dial-up, helpless to save anything. If anybody is out there with unlimited bandwidth and a whole load of hard drive space, please please pleaaaaase preserve what you can. I'm sure a lot of people have saved all the Yuzu everything but all those other precious skaters' routines I don't have much hope for. 

I'm devastated and panicking now. My internet is slow and it takes like 30-40 minutes for one performance.:14066882: And now I remembered I still didn't save Nobu's YMCA! NOOOOO