General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Why would YouTube do that? CBC has officially purchased rights to show that. YouTube is out of control.

I save every video I might want to rewatch now, simply because of the number in all areas that disappear (I;m still miffed about an 80s history program that was deleted - I mean, 80s?????)

1 hour ago, Anzi said:

Guys if you can not watch Yuzu's skating on YT, you have alternative solution. Go to Chinese web Bilibili, and search key words 羽生结弦, the first page popped out have items include all his popular  programs.

You can close the danmu if you want

is it just YouTube videos being taken down (and if so, was it the usual suspects of TV Asahi and Fuji TV)?

Or are Dailymotion videos affected too?

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

when the Olympic channel is the only saviour of FS:tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp::tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp: at least Olympic Seimei and Sochi PW will stay up:10742289: thank you Olympic Channel!:tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

And darn ISU find a solution NOW or most people will just give up on following this sport because it's impossible to find the most basic thing: video of the darn competitions.

:gaah:

I wonder why in the last few weeks there has been such systematic action against channels that have been there for many years...what's changed? it's not like uploading FS videos is new...

p.s.: blessed Ted Barton and the JGP channel too:bow: Please Ted, take over the ISU already!

Well, it may be because of the whole EU Article 13 thing. YouTube is probably afraid of getting any legal action and are therefore starting to really crack down on copyrighted material (even if it's not from Europe). Meaning most FS vids that are copyrighted material (like commentaries) may be gone by the end of 2019 :( 

For anyone interested here's a quick rundown video but, if you have the time, I highly suggest looking it up for yourself:

This is OT and not about Yuzu but I feel like this is important for any active internet user to know. 

hace 24 minutos , Nerdincool said:

Well, actually, it may be because of the whole EU Article 13 thing. YouTube is probably afraid of getting any legal action and are therefore starting to really crack down on copyrighted material (even if it's not from Europe). Meaning most FS vids that are copyrighted material (like commentaries) may be gone by the end of 2019 :( 

For anyone interested here's a quick rundown video but, if you have the time, I highly suggest looking it up for yourself:

This is OT and not about Yuzu but I feel like this is important for any active internet user to know. 

Oh God we're entering in the middle ages 2.0

8 hours ago, Nerdincool said:

Well, it may be because of the whole EU Article 13 thing. YouTube is probably afraid of getting any legal action and are therefore starting to really crack down on copyrighted material (even if it's not from Europe). Meaning most FS vids that are copyrighted material (like commentaries) may be gone by the end of 2019 :( 

Okay uh so just to clarify a bit here: 

This isn’t an immediate thing, meaning that YouTube isn’t going to take away everything FS by the end of the week (IF the recent copyrighting of FS vids is connected to this. Alternatively if this is due to some big company who is flagging content left and right behind the scenes then there’s no telling when it’d all go away). In fact they’re more likely to focus on content from YouTubers than videos about niche topics (like FS), unless it’s from Japan because they are notorious for flagging copyrighted content.

HOWEVER on YouTube recently there’s been this massive problem of incorrect take downs where smaller YouTubers who post original content are getting their videos taken away because a big YouTuber pushed them to do so to save their ego from criticism. What does this have to do with FS? Well, it just simply means YouTube is a company like any other and will move to save its ass and it’s money. So should any of the tv people like NBC start hunting down them FS vids it’s all over. Plus I’m pretty sure just about anyone can flag a video of copyright at anytime so they’re not the only ones we should be worried about though I’m not sure how it really goes bc I’ve never done it before. So really this has all just been a looming problem forever on YouTube that had yet to bleed into the FS community until recently. My advice, if you have favorite videos then save them. Even without the Article 13 stuff your fav videos and channels can be taken away instantly and be gone forever. That’s just how YouTube is.

OKAY sorry again for the OT, I swear this will be my last post on it.