General Yuzuru Chat

I read that article a few hours ago and I'm so sad (and its so annoying to see the whole reselling ticket drama on twitter at the same time). At this rate I think he shouldn't do 4CC. Just because its not that bad like last year, doesn't mean its not a serious injury and no one know if 3 week of rest +1 month rehab is enough. Last year, doctor said 10 days rest and 1 month rehab and he's still in pain after 2 months.  I think one more month for him would be better, ligament injuries always need alot of time.  

2 minutes ago, Neenah said:

That's odd.. This statement is different from anything we've got about the injury so far. Is this a new interview? did Brain get an update from Yuzu about the injury that he is sharing now. Can anyone confirm  :confused:

The fall didn't look like it was different side from last year.

Better, when they asked him? Because all interviews with Brian were from CoR, probably before he was screaming left and right that injury isn't as bad as last year.

7 minutes ago, Neenah said:

That's odd.. This statement is different from anything we've got about the injury so far. Is this a new interview? did Brain get an update from Yuzu about the injury that he is sharing now. Can anyone confirm  :confused:

The journalist might got this from Brian last week at IDF but only allowed to share after WD announcement. I only saw this quote from one source so far. 

It's not confirmed by JSF yet, only speculation given the time frame of his recovery. Either way, I don't think it'll be a surprise if he WDs from Nationals. He doesn't have time to prepare for it even if his rehab goes well. And we really don't need him hurrying up practice.

1 minute ago, xeyra said:

It's not confirmed by JSF yet, only speculation given the time frame of his recovery. Either way, I don't think it'll be a surprise if he WDs from Nationals. He doesn't have time to prepare for it even if his rehab goes well. And we really don't need him hurrying up practice.

I want him to take his proper time to heal. This time he doesn’t have the Olympics on his shoulder stressing him out. 

We are freaking out now because one mention from one source. I doubt Brian knew anything new at IDF. It was too soon. If they not called him today after anouncement (tho it is possible), it's probably from CoR. Nothing new.

Wait a few weeks. Zu has not even started rehabilitation yet. He is strong. Stronger than we all here together. He will overcome it. He always finds ways to do it.

10 minutes ago, Paskud said:

We are freaking out now because one mention from one source. I doubt Brian knew anything new at IDF. It was too soon. If they not called him today after anouncement (tho it is possible), it's probably from CoR. Nothing new.

Wait a few weeks. Zu has not even started rehabilitation yet. He is strong. Stronger than we all here together. He will overcome it. He always finds ways to do it.

Thank you for saying this! I think things would change during his rehabitation. I still keep faith in his condition might be more manageable than we thought. 

It's true they would probably knew it after first examination, really. That just clashes with this "not too serious". Probably I should stop overthinking it, okay.

That article is just speculation but seriously right now I don't think there's a way he could do Nationals. I hope he just heals and be ready for Worlds and maybe 4CC (if he feels good enough and wants some trial before). He's a 2-time Olympic Champion with season's top scores, he obviously don't have to compete at Nationals for a spot. Still it's frustrating, for Yuzuru most of all, for fans, I'm sure also for Shoma because he automatically will get 3rd national title but he never defeated Yuzu in competion yet, ever!

But the health is the most important always, and he will live with this ankle for the rest of his life. Not only the rest of his career. So it's really important to be careful now.