General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, liv said:

The way I see it, the fans of the rest of the field at GPF should count themselves lucky ( not to say that is how the skaters feel, they are sportsmen who also are highly competitive and want to compete against him). Yuzu was on fire with his sp (and miles ahead in score) and his free was looking great for so early... I think he was very ready this season with few weaknesses and was ready to take on the world. 

Someone said it (maybe it was TSL, Skate Talk Online, or In the Loop) that Yuzu was looking so great early and seemed set to peak at GPF as his usual like GPF 15-16 season so perhaps this is the only silver lining as it forces him to reset. Basically if he gets the care and rest he needs, and the training in, expect Yuzu to come roaring at Worlds. Not much of a consolation but still. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

10 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Someone said it (maybe it was TSL, Skate Talk Online, or In the Loop) that Yuzu was looking so great early and seemed set to peak at GPF as his usual like GPF 15-16 season so perhaps this is the only silver lining as it forces him to reset. Basically if he gets the care and rest he needs, and the training in, expect Yuzu to come roaring at Worlds. Not much of a consolation but still. :tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

And...it's a tiny hope but still a hope...maybe it raises the chances of him doing 4CC? You never know...

RE: the celebrations

I will never not be surprised when ubers and antis think Hanyu is avoiding a showdown with the quadsters because he'll lose and he's just trying to save face. This is the same Hanyu who keeps on going to Skate Canada to face Chan on his home turf and also declared to both Chan and Javi upfront that he will win next time. Also the same one who politely but savagely after Olympics said something along the lines of Uno miscalculated even with a landed loop he'd still win. He's a king and his mentality is of one.

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

RE: the celebrations

I will never not be surprised when ubers and antis think Hanyu is avoiding a showdown with the quadsters because he'll lose and he's just trying to save face. This is the same Hanyu who keeps on going to Skate Canada to face Chan on his home turf and also declared to both Chan and Javi upfront that he will win next time. Also the same one who politely but savagely after Olympics said something along the lines of Uno miscalculated even with a landed loop he'd still win. He's a king and his mentality is of one.

Yeah, these are not fans ,comments like that just create unnecessary animosity against the skaters :/

And people forget they all are very competive and want to win against the best.

fortunately all boys are class acts and always wish the best for yuzu, and turn off the rude questions they get

Well, he's out and and as much as we hate to see it we know it was necessary.  So let's get positive.  We have a big event coming up, Birthday Number Twenty-Four on 7 December.  All of us should be thankful because remembering back to when Yuzu was approaching number 23 we didn't know whether there was any skating at all in his future.  Now we know he's just had a setback and he's ready to deal with it.  The fact that he didn't wait until time was nearly out to withdraw is indicative that he's accepted the verdict of his ankle and his doctors.  With the great length between now and Worlds (I'm assuming he'll also not be in Japanese Nationals) he has quite a bit of time to prepare himself and maybe nurse Nessie through a long and difficult pregnancy.  If at Worlds he nails a 4A with bells and whistles (maximum GOEs) and nails a clear victory for the gold then he'll at least have another half season that was well worth the wait for us all out here.  He might even decide to participate in the World Team event.

I do see one possible blessing coming out of all this, and that is that Yuzu is being forced to accept the fact that he will not be able to keep a full arsenal of various quads to keep himself competitive, not if he values that right ankle of his.  So now I think he will possibly look into how to max his PCS numbers.  If anyone is capable of approaching the impossible dream of 10s across the board on PCS it is Yuzu.  With the long wait before Worlds Yuzu has the time to get back to his choreographers and fine-tune every detail of his programs to really work for those PCS points.  The thing is that as far as PCS elements go none of the elite skaters have the basic talent to pursue those elusive 10s without worrying overly about TES points.  Jason Brown is not quite elite level but in PCS capability he is up there though even he is not in the same league as Yuzu at his best is.  Misha Ge is now retired and he's the only skater I felt could match Yuzu in PCS although Misha does not have the stylistic versatility Yuzu has.  I doubt Misha could have pulled off PW and LGC, not to mention also Hello, I Love You, like Yuzu did.  Yuzu's as much at home skating to hard rock as he is in interpreting Chopin.

The one thing I'm hoping is that there will not be the news blackout from TCC as there was last season.  All of us need to know how Yuzu is progressing and facing three months of no news is something we do not need for the second year in a row.  Until then, though, we can console ourselves by watching Yuzu on ice and off in the uncounted hundreds of videos there are of him.  I doubt all the other Japanese men together have as much video on them to be found on YouTube and other locations as Yuzu does.  He has to be one of the most video'd athletes of all time.  

2 hours ago, Forcefield said:

It was TSL and I despise them for it. Saying this was 'a blessing in disguise' to prevent him from peaking at GPF reveals a lack of sensitivity and empathy. Not, it really wasn't a blessing in disguise. Getting injured is never a blessing. Peaking at GPF is NOT worse than 3 weeks rest and a month of rehab and a busted ankle that may never recover fully. 

11 minutes ago, Tee said:

Brian, you can't tell me you think training Nessie after rehab is doable, making me moderately hopeful, and then crush me like this :59227c768286a__s: I mean, yeah it's kinda expected with everything we already knew about the injury, but please don't play with my feelings, ok? :13877886: