General Yuzuru Chat

Now its confirmed. I hope his ankle wouldn't get worse after COR LP and the recovery would go smoothly. Hopefully he can start his rehab on ice soon. In the meantime, after 3 comps, he and his team would get enough feedback about programs and make change accordingly. Its gonna be hard for him to watch the comp at home, I pray for his metal health as well. He's Yuzuru Hanyu, so he will comback stronger. 

Sending hugs to everyone :grouphug:

1) it's finally been confirmed ... I've been stalking this thread waiting for this announcement.... I'm feeling so mixed right now. P.s. sorry for disappearing. Real life got hard and crazy but also watching Yuzu on crutches broke me for a little while again. 

2) I'm not sure why nathan/shoma fans are happy. Sure their favs are more likely to win, but just like last year's WC and GPF, there's going to be that talk of "robbing an empty house"/"yeah but if Yuzuru had been there...." 

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Honestly it's the same injury. Continuously damaging the same ligaments can't not have an additive effect on the injury. So one is not "less serious" than the other. :( 

According to vague description it´s not the same injury, not exactly the same area affected and certainly not the same degree of damage. As a paramedic myself I would like to bring some light to this gloomy day :)
Having a weak ankle is not ideal obviously (as it makes you prone to twisting it) but on the other hand it can be beneficial if your ligaments are loose - ironically it can make you be more resistant to serious injury. I have loose ankle ligaments since birth, twisted my ankles in quite a bad way numerous times but it never led to sprain or other injury. Benefits of having the rubber ankles! :) 

Now I am not a top athlete as Yuzu, seriously teared ligaments from previous injury are a factor (but the lenght and the ability to return to full health is highly individual and it was said that Yuzuru´s ability to heal is nearly miraculous) and it´s not possible to know the truth behind the injury just from the published report ofc.. but this is just me putting my two cents on the topic :) Remember that many others in FS had serious and potentionally career ending injuries such as hip fractures and following surgeries for example - Nathan, Satoko, Jun, Sota and many many more. This sport (actually all sports) is brutal on the top level. 

Well I am quite sad that he can´t go to GPF (and to the Nats as well it seems) because I truly believe these are the competitions he desperately wanted to attend. But I hope that he lets himself rest and heal properly. BTW I don´t need to see another 4 loop from him (or 4 lutz) EVER.. hate those jumps :gaah:

7 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

Well I am quite sad that he can´t go to GPF (and to the Nats as well it seems) because I truly believe these are the competitions he desperately wanted to attend. But I hope that he lets himself rest and heal properly. BTW I don´t need to see another 4 loop from him (or 4 lutz) EVER.. hate those jumps :gaah:

But he loves his 4lo. It's his baby :tumblr_inline_mm2wnw2HKh1qz4rgp:

Sad but glad. Well, at least there is no huge rush to come back quickly, so while we know he isn't happy, at least he isn't as mentally anguished as last season with that time frame/pressure he was under to make it for Olys. Hope he can enjoy some down time even though that doesnt seem to be his style when off the ice. 

The way I see it, the fans of the rest of the field at GPF should count themselves lucky ( not to say that is how the skaters feel, they are sportsmen who also are highly competitive and want to compete against him). Yuzu was on fire with his sp (and miles ahead in score) and his free was looking great for so early... I think he was very ready this season with few weaknesses and was ready to take on the world. 

Now I can watch with less stress... go jun... 

3 weeks rest will be by GPF... month of rehab by new year... training some time in the new year...

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

2) I'm not sure why nathan/shoma fans are happy. Sure their favs are more likely to win, but just like last year's WC and GPF, there's going to be that talk of "robbing an empty house"/"yeah but if Yuzuru had been there...." 

It reminded me of what kurt said about how he should’ve won more with his level of skating. Yes its an empty house (i mean others are great skaters too, what i mean is one less threat for them) yet a win is a win for them in numbers but its the hanyu era without a doubt

5 hours ago, raebia said:

Ouf, yes. I just hope he is not as deeply unhappy as last year.

There's no life-goal Olympic to be won this season and reportedly Yuzu has been more relaxed, so probably he's nowhere as unhappy as last season.

It seems to me that even Brian is less stressed when it comes to Yuzu. He was surprisingly upbeat when they were waiting for the scores at Rostelecom. Like, they have achieved what they meant to achieve, the rest is a bonus. I think now the main reason for Brian's grey hair is going to be Evgenia.

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Just ignore these people. I see some celebration from Shoma to Nate to Keegan fans about Yuzuru withdrawals. I just block and move on :tumblr_inline_mzx8t825tZ1r8msi5:

They celebrate because they know if Yuzu is in GPF, their fave's chance of winning would become very slim. I kind of get the mentality but won't envy their current position or hate them. Celebrating someone's misfortune will never add good fortune on your side.

Anyway, it's in GOAT's nature to climb steep mountains aiming for the top and you just cannot change the way.

3Dci526.jpg

I hope Yuzu use this time to catch up with the people who he's missed and have quality time with his family as well as do whatever he fancies till the heart's content. I know he may be thinking that he cannot enjoy knowing he's let down people but for once, I really want him to stop thinking others over himself. He has done more than enough to make so many people happy. Dear Yuzu, nothing is overdue except your well deserved holiday. Come to down under we're heading summer over here!! 

We will welcome you!!!

HHqBYWR.jpg

My first reaction to the news of WD was 'oh' and then relief reading the "3 weeks of rest one month rehab". I'm sure sadness will catch up soon enough:sigh:

Now praying for 3weeks+1month being all Yuzu needs to heal well enough :snonegai: Is the wording the same ad last season? I know injury Is a bit different but rest and rehab timeline? Just to have an idea when I can reasonably start to freak out without updates...(and I think and I'm gonna start counting the 3 weeks from now just in case :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

I feel very sorry for Yuzu that he'll likely need to skip Nats too...I think even more than the final, he wanted to be there in Japan for Nats :smiley-sad016:

Now rest well, Yuzu. I'm sure you will imagine-train your programs and will your ideal into reality, but in the meanwhile take comfort in the warmth of your family and the love of your hometown and of all your fans, eat well, try new earphones and do your demonic lipsyncing :10742288: Also, prepare yourself to be showered in thousands of supporting messages from all over the world:tumblr_inline_n2pjd3guzE1qdlkyg:

Sharing thIs too, it looks funny and sweet (also, a good excuse to treat ourselves with cake!)

Also (avoid reading if you don't like jokes about curses &Co)

Spoiler

To lift the mood a bit, now we can say Yuzu officially managed to break the canadian silver curse :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::13877886:why did it have to happen like this, tho? I really liked it a lot more how he broke the first gp silver curse  :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Of course WD from Nats is still speculation and nothing against poor Osaka, just extreme bad luck...I'm sure Yuzu will be the most kuyashii if he won't be able to compete and show his best there