General Yuzuru Chat

We knew it was coming, but it is a gut punch nonetheless. I hope he allows himself enough time to heal, so that he can come back all the more stronger in 2019 - now that he knows more about his own weak spots, he's intelligent enough to design programs that will work with his strengths and diminish his risks, and wise enough to actually follow through on it.

I had the feeling we’d get the announcement today. He is putting his health first and that’s such a relief. He must feel frustrated and sad to miss GPF a second time in a row. Hard decision but it means he’s thinking long term.

Rest well golden boy, get pampered and have the best birthday with your family.

We will be ready for you when you come back healthy.

I have been checking this forum first thing in the morning for a week for these news.

Though some small stupid part of me was imagining that he’d somehow miraculously heal faster than expected, I’m incredibly relieved that it at least isn’t worse than this. Given that the prognosis was three weeks of rest before he competed in Russia, I was afraid that it was going to be much worse now.

It’s so unfair that he has to make this kind of choice, and I hope he’s not too hard on himself about it. 

Prioritising your health is always the right decision (if not invariably the only right decision), and if it means waiting a little longer to see him skate, waiting will be a privilege. 

10 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Saw this on twitter:

"Team Orser with the well played strategy and media pivot to control the narrative heading into worlds....you know, just in case Nathan beat him ;)"

WOW JUST WOW 

Just ignore these people. I see some celebration from Shoma to Nate to Keegan fans about Yuzuru withdrawals. I just block and move on :tumblr_inline_mzx8t825tZ1r8msi5: