General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I read the whole thing, and I was really surprised. Artunian gives the impression of being a gruff old bugger, but he's actually really thoughtful and sensitive about his skaters and clearly cares about doing right for them.

Yeah he seem okay. But why is he calling one of his female skater pig or was it fatty? Something along that line ....

38 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Yeah he seem okay. But why is he calling one of his female skater pig or was it fatty? Something along that line ....

He said "Cows don´t fly" or something similar to Eliska, sister of Michal Brezina, during this year´s spring/summer camp (she´s not his trainee per se), so it´s pretty recent citation.
Well.. he´s known to be brutally honest and blunt at times, though in this particular situation I don´t really see the justification  - Eliska being healthy athletic type of girl, but yes she´s definitely not as skinny as most of the russian girls for example.
I like him though, he´s wearing his heart on his sleeve most of the time and he cares for his athletes and they respect and like him back or so it seems - so I forgive him occasional rudeness ;)
He also said to Adam Rippon that he´s fat sometimes during their training partnership if I´m not mistaken..? Adam talked about it more than once and laughed about it. But he also said that that was the time when he was eating one apple a day as his whole diet so.. it´s not really something I would laugh about actually.. :confused:

Anyway, really interesting interview with Rafael.

26 minutes ago, Mithrilien said:

He said "Cows don´t fly" or something similar to Eliska, sister of Michal Brezina, during this year´s spring/summer camp (she´s not his trainee per se), so it´s pretty recent citation.
Well.. he´s known to be brutally honest and blunt at times, though in this particular situation I don´t really see the justification  - Eliska being healthy athletic type of girl, but yes she´s definitely not as skinny as most of the russian girls for example.
I like him though, he´s wearing his heart on his sleeve most of the time and he cares for his athletes and they respect and like him back or so it seems - so I forgive him occasional rudeness ;)
He also said to Adam Rippon that he´s fat sometimes during their training partnership if I´m not mistaken..? Adam talked about it more than once and laughed about it. But he also said that that was the time when he was eating one apple a day as his whole diet so.. it´s not really something I would laugh about actually.. :confused:

Anyway, really interesting interview with Rafael.

Yeah I think he is all right as long as he keep his mouth shut about things like that. Didn’t Nate and Mariah had a IG story about what Raf said to Elisa but they deleted right away after ppl notice it wasn’t very nice. 

Adam spoked about ED before. I don’t know if he had it but he was struggling with his weight.... 

sorry it’s all off topic. I will stop now :oops:

Translation from Team Brian book 

Damn I didn’t realise Yuzu’s obsession for 4Lo and 4Lz was so much worse than I thought... 😭 No wonder Brian said he is much more relaxed this season. 

That being said, glad Orser is taking care of Yuzu. He always said that he sees his younger self in Yuzu, like a twin! So he understands how Yuzu feels - frustration, drive, and all. Brian knows when to advise him, and when to let him be his fiery self. 

And Yuzu takes care of Brian too. One true father and son! 

38 minutes ago, Arwen said:

Can anyone help Mr. Prins? He's interested in Ice Scope, but everything is in Japanese.

Context: This guy is a ISU referee/judge/controller. Someone suggested the Fuji TV technology of measuring speed/height of figure skating jumps to him, and he is interested to learn more. He would like an English translation of this article so he can suggest it to ISU. 

5 minutes ago, Salior said:

Context: This guy is a ISU referee/judge/controller. Someone suggested the Fuji TV technology of measuring speed/height of figure skating jumps to him, and he is interested to learn more. He would like an English translation of this article so he can suggest it to ISU. 

Would ISU take seriously translation from fans?

And, I think, here is better place for this.