General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, KitSileya said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My worry is that this is a career-ending injury. That is what i fear the most - that we will never see him compete again. 

I know we must trust that he will make his own choices, but it is so hard and scary without anything but scraps of information.

Spoiler

I'm not generally considered an optimist, but still, I strongly doubt this is the case. Not that I have much to go on, just a gut feeling that his story can't end like this.

At least by the end of next week, we'll probably know more.

23 minutes ago, KitSileya said:
  Hide contents

My worry is that this is a career-ending injury. That is what i fear the most - that we will never see him compete again. 

I know we must trust that he will make his own choices, but it is so hard and scary without anything but scraps of information.

Spoiler

More probably he would skip 3 whole years and then come back with stable 4a and 5s. :68468287: Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he wants to be in Saitama :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

I have found one (1) silver-lining in Yuzu not going to the GPF for myself (aside from Yuzu actually recovering and worrying about his health, please take care Yuzu), and that's the fact that finals week is the week after the GPF. No worrying about Yuzu in the GPF means more time to study except when i start worrying about Junliet :winky:

Also if Nathan's school schedule is even remotely similar to mine, god bless him because doing a huge competition like that right around finals?? Braver than any US marine, lemme tell ya

I want him to give people the Origin of his dreams and yes, maybe the 4A.  They are more important than the GPF itself now (he had four of them!) So yes, I think dropping the GPF and maybe Nationals (since they've made it clear he can) and going for these prizes later is probably what I'd suggest...

But in the end , it's not the fans, the commentators, the experts, not the doctors and Team Brian - not even the JSF now, for him - who should decide. It's certainly not this little anonymous person on the web who doesn't know anything, but just loves him.  It's Yuzuru.

He may be recklessness personified sometimes, but he must know now he doesn't need to prove he's the best, he's well and truly proven it. And that whatever he does now, right or wrong, cautious or reckless, justified oin hindsight or not, he can do purely because he wants to.

Whatever you choose, Yuzu, choose it for you. :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw::softYuzu::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

I admit it, I will still feel sad when I hear his withdrawal notice from GPF in the coming days, but I have anticipated that since the aftermath of his free skate back in Rostelecom I will try at least :'/. While I realize that there is this meagre probability of Yuzu's condition being good enough, hence still going to GPF, I am trying not to hold onto it — happy if he can really make it, resigned if he cannot (though I should be more relieved anyway, since he needs all the time to properly recover, and to polish things further along).

Until today I still speculate that, if his condition is actually still good enough, he might prioritize going to GPF rather than Nationals (after all GPF is an international competition), then pull back to recover and eventually prepare for Worlds (skipping Nationals) though if I could suggest it to him I'd like it if he considers going to 4CC as a warm-up comp (is that possible? ... alright, maybe not, lest some antis riot again). That being said, all this speculation is a part of that slim probability I wrote earlier in this comment, so I am also not counting on his situation to unfold the way I thought of it.

However it could be, I only wish that all that happens to him is the best possible thing that happens.

Here's to Yuzu having the best possible outcome in these tough times :snonegai:

3 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

I thought the same but when I saw all that CBC shit my bitterness came back! F..k

It didnt bother me. They showed that screen again today and explained that there Is a question mark concerning his ankle Injury, and that Keegan Is first alternate. Made sense to me. If they hadnt mentioned the Injury It would have been worse.... they are giving the audience credit for knowing what's going on.  But, thats just me.

With the current injury (though I utterly believe it´s neither remotely as severe as last year) I honestly don´t see 4A appearing or even being properly trained this season. It´s too high a risk and I think that adult Yuzuru is pragmatic enough to see that. Actually when I noticed how his normally gorgeous and stable execution of 3A started to suffer occasionally because of training 4A.. well for me 4A is totally not worth it. But Yuzuru clearly has another opinion on the matter, oh well.. ;)
And I am quite surprised how many people say that GPF or Nats aren´t personally important to Yuzu. I think that especially missing another Nationals would be quite hard on him, he really wants to "prove" himself to the home crowd again and he needs to feel that he properly earned the place for WC in Saitama. Sure, he´ll get a ticket there anyway and he doesn´t need to prove anything ofc, but knowing this boy´s mindset and his nature a little, it would make him to question his worthiness again etc. I think he desperately wants to be there this year.

We will see what he decides to do either way is fine with me he has to decide what he wants to do ! My guess is that he will withdraw from Gpf but got to Nationals if his foot allows him to go ! But we will see what happens ! Never underestimate Mr. Hanyu !

1 hour ago, Mithrilien said:

With the current injury (though I utterly believe it´s neither remotely as severe as last year) I honestly don´t see 4A appearing or even being properly trained this season. It´s too high a risk and I think that adult Yuzuru is pragmatic enough to see that. Actually when I noticed how his normally gorgeous and stable execution of 3A started to suffer occasionally because of training 4A.. well for me 4A is totally not worth it. But Yuzuru clearly has another opinion on the matter, oh well.. ;)
And I am quite surprised how many people say that GPF or Nats aren´t personally important to Yuzu. I think that especially missing another Nationals would be quite hard on him, he really wants to "prove" himself to the home crowd again and he needs to feel that he properly earned the place for WC in Saitama. Sure, he´ll get a ticket there anyway and he doesn´t need to prove anything ofc, but knowing this boy´s mindset and his nature a little, it would make him to question his worthiness again etc. I think he desperately wants to be there this year.

Same, if the competition in this year are going to be withdrew than the Nessis thing should also be postponed for prioritizing his health.