General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Yuazz said:

:hihi:  <- why did he make this face? I can't remember.... 

1 hour ago, Pearlple said:

When Michal Brezina mentioned that he can do 4S+3A seq at Helsinki FS presscon I think

58 minutes ago, sophiang said:

yes, and yuzu feel so suprised and encourge Brezina to do it :xD:

Our boy always love people to challenge him

This little Yuzu emoticon really shows how deep Yuzu's love for skating and wants to have fun while he works hard for perfecting his art. He has said that he wants to compete in the environment where everyone gives everything they've got and come out victorious. And if he loses to someone who had given everything they've got, Yuzu would be kuyashii but would be happy for the person and for the sake of figure skating (don't mind me, I'm just a bit emo as usual after watching CoR Otonal & Origin again...). Who'd thought a little pic of Yuzu can evoke such an emotion... :softYuzu:  :13877886:

Now that all GPs are done and GPF getting closer, some uneasiness are growing in terms of how the final list of men's GPF qualifier will turn out. Aside from my personal struggle or everyone else's in trying to accept whatever the outcome, what I really hope is Yuzu's decision over going or not going can be made based on what's best for him. The thing is, he is in the position where, like it or not, many big organisation rely on for promoting the event (and JNats for that matter too). So I really don't want to see media trying to make him feel guilty in any ways over this. 

And it seems CBC Olympics had jumped on the gun and drawn a picture that they want to see. I do understand where they stand in terms of supporting their own skater as the host country of the event. BUT, I just find that a bit inconsiderate especially when nothing has been officially announced yet. Some of us are still very hopeful for the last minutes miracle to happen. Yes anybody can dream about anything and put on the internet. Still, those kinds of "would be nice if~" should be done more privately like in this forum dedicated to Yuzu. Having Yuzu photo on the list adds more salt to the wounds...:salty:

2 hours ago, CookieMaster said:

what are the chances that yuzu will participate in the final? I wonder how he's doing

There hasn't really been any statement as of yet. Apparently it's better than last year, so that's something.

He has to withdraw at the latest on the 3rd, so i guess we'll know by then :>

I honestly do not want him to participate. This is speaking from someone who've sprained her ankles 3 times each, you need time to heal, and by time it means NO strenuous activities. Exerting it while it is not fully healed will make things much worse, and create even more long-term weakness in the area. And yet, you cannot just show up in a competition without adjusting your form and peaking, which would risk more falls and injuries if the ankle is not back at full strength yet. That's why once he heard that he needs 3 weeks rest, he knew that it would be difficult to even make it for the JNats.

I had a bad sprain once, and if I took care of it, it shouldn't have taken more than 3 months to heal. Problem is, I walked a lot for months after the sprain, and it took 5 YEARS for it to go back to being remotely normal (no swelling, pain, stiffness, weakness or spraining again while exercising), and till today it's still not the same. And that's just light walking, I didn't even do anything that would require me to land on the sprained ankle with G force 8-10 times my body weight, which arguably is going to be more if he wants to land the 4A. He is 62 kg now too, not 52 kg at Sochi anymore. 

Even if it's healed completely, old injuries can strike again when you least expect it. So there's really no point in (1) cutting the rest 1 week short to peak in time for GPF, and risk exponentially longer healing / another injury, or (2) rest for 3 weeks, show up underprepared and result in a splatfest, when JSF doesn't even care anymore and is fine with him just being there at Worlds. He really cannot have everything at once. Long-term ankle health, GPF title, 4A or Worlds, he must choose. 

Personally I think him being so prone to spraining now is the result of many past injuries that was aggravated. It wasn't a new injury, and it wasn't the first time he skated on sprained ankle, other than the Olympics - here's an article describing him skating on sprained right ankle during Worlds 2012, also sustained from landing a UR 4T. iirc he skated on a sprained right ankle during Worlds 2013 and CoC 2014 as well. There were plenty more examples throughout novice/juniors in Aoi Hono. As he himself said, the injury is of such a nature that even if it heals, you might not be able to skate the same as before. And personally I think today's situation is the result of multiple aggravation and neglect of full healing for his ankle in the past.

I'm not blaming him for anything, but I think there's point in time when you will need to prioritise, he cannot keep putting off the health of his ankle if he wants to land the 4A this season. I can understand sacrificing the ankle for the Olympics, or Russia, but GPF?!?!?!? When he already has 4 titles, is not even the most important competition of the season, and it's not like it's hosted in Japan, US (for Johnny) or Russia (for Plush)?

Tldr; Just heal your ankle properly for the 4A and Worlds. Please.

7 minutes ago, Salior said:

I'm not blaming him for anything, but I think there's point in time when you will need to prioritise, he cannot keep putting off the health of his ankle if he wants to land the 4A this season. I can understand sacrificing the ankle for the Olympics, or Russia, but GPF?!?!?!? When he already has 4 titles, is not even the most important competition of the season, and it's not like it's hosted in Japan, US (for Johnny) or Russia (for Plush)?

My thoughts exactly. Right now it is about time Yuzu has to set up priorities for the bigger events, which is Worlds next year.

Assuming that the injury is not as bad as last year, he'd have just about enough time to heal and prepare himself for Worlds. 

I still want him to win Gold at Worlds for at least once more. Three is a miracle number.

1 hour ago, Salior said:

I honestly do not want him to participate. This is speaking from someone who've sprained her ankles 3 times each, you need time to heal, and by time it means NO strenuous activities. Exerting it while it is not fully healed will make things much worse, and create even more long-term weakness in the area. And yet, you cannot just show up in a competition without adjusting your form and peaking, which would risk more falls and injuries. That's why once he heard that he needs 3 weeks rest, he knew that it would be difficult to even make it for the JNats.

I had a bad sprain once, and if I took care of it, it shouldn't have taken more than 3 months to heal. Problem is, I walked a lot for months after the sprain, and it took 5 YEARS for it to go back to being remotely normal (no swelling, pain, stiffness, weakness or spraining again during exercise), and till today it's still not the same. And that's just light walking, I didn't even do anything that would require me to land on the sprained ankle with G force 8-10 times my body weight, which arguably is going to be more if he wants to land the 4A. He is 62 kg now too, not 52 kg at Sochi anymore. 

Even if it's healed completely, old injuries can strike again when you least expect it. So there's really no point in (1) cutting the rest 1 week short to peak in time for GPF, and risk exponentially longer healing / another injury, or (2) rest for 3 weeks, show up underprepared and result in a spatfest, when JSF doesn't even care anymore and is fine with him just being there at Worlds. He really cannot have everything at once. Long-term ankle health, GPF title, 4A or Worlds, he must choose. 

Personally I think him being so prone to spraining now is the result of many past injuries that was aggravated. It wasn't a new injury, and it wasn't the first time he skated on sprained ankle, other than the Olympics - here's an article describing him skating on sprained right ankle during Worlds 2012, also sustained from landing a UR 4T. There were plenty more examples throughout novice/juniors in Aoi Hono. As he himself said, the injury is of such a nature that even if it heals, you might not be able to skate the same as before. And personally I think today's situation is the result of multiple aggravation and neglect of full healing for his ankle in the past.

I couldn't have said it better myself!