General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Yeah tend to miss him after another men’s competition. You can’t help but compare how godly Yuzuru is compared to a lot of the men ... by a lot I mean all :acceptable:

Just check the man's sp in GP France.......emmmmmmm.......(except Jason, he did a really good job )

Let me just rewatch the Otonal again

:xD:

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

Yeah tend to miss him after another men’s competition. You can’t help but compare how godly Yuzuru is compared to a lot of the men ... by a lot I mean all :acceptable:

Even in his practice's he's really good. I'm watching last Friday's and he doesn't have any set up in a lot of his jumps. It's a surprise when he jumps and doesn't do a twizzle because of the lack of speed/preparation :68468287:

Spoiler

I also notice Kazuki-kun clapping for Yuzu <3 (after his first 4T+3A seq I noticed)

1 hour ago, Tee said:

Even in his practice's he's really good. I'm watching last Friday's and he doesn't have any set up in a lot of his jumps. It's a surprise when he jumps and doesn't do a twizzle because of the lack of speed/preparation :68468287:

Hide contents

I also notice Kazuki-kun clapping for Yuzu <3 (after his first 4T+3A seq I noticed)

I think Johnny Weir mentioned while commentating that Yuzuru would practice jumping from a standstill or something like that when they were together during shows in Japan. Brian did say that Yuzu really loves to practice - and it shows :love:

48 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

I know this is weird...but when I saw the audience at IDF, I thought to myself that damn this must be what a comp without Zu looks like. The boy sells out tickets! ISU must be praying with us right now to have him healthy again. Lols.

Before China backed out of the GP, the president of the French Federation was saying that "they got Hanyu" for the GP... and with their commentators, I'm glad Yuzuru went to Helsinki instead :angrypooh: Like what Kurt Browning said (it was him, right?) everywhere Yuzu skates it's a hometown crowd :winky:

6 hours ago, Sammie said:

Spoiler

I know this is just for fun, but the internet has sucked the fun out of everything. I'm afraid people, antis, or the media will find it and take it seriously and just use this as another reason to make fun of his fans again and say he has a crazy cult following. At least I kind of wish this was without the kowtow. There are a hundred ways to crop a picture and twist a narrative.

5 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Hide contents

I know this is just for fun, but the internet has sucked the fun out of everything. I'm afraid people, antis, or the media will find it and take it seriously and just use this as another reason to make fun of his fans again and say he has a crazy cult following. At least I kind of wish this was without the kowtow. There are a hundred ways to crop a picture and twist a narrative.

I feel you. Now I can't read any quotes or actions of Yuzu without thinking how the antis would twist it - how they'd paint him as entitled when he asked for the lift, how they'd call him disrespectful for calling Shoma a puppy... It kinda sucks the fun out of things. But I'm determined not to read those stuff. Antis will be antis no matter what Yuzu does, even if he saves the world from apocalypse.

I was talking about this regarding Med the other day, how people are worried that she'll either be flamed for being overscored or call the move a mistake if she didn't get gold. But we've seen how Yuzu got so many gold, helped JPN keep 3 spots at Worlds every year (especially that 2013 Worlds, where he was practically forced to compete while injured), and people still treat him like that. 

Let them wallow in hatred, I don't think life will treat them well if that's how they see other stuff irl too. 

3 hours ago, Msyloves said:

I think Johnny Weir mentioned while commentating that Yuzuru would practice jumping from a standstill or something like that when they were together during shows in Japan. Brian did say that Yuzu really loves to practice - and it shows :love:

4 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Hide contents

I understand what you're saying. My concern with that photo was different. I thought that it might make Yuzu uncomfortable to see people bowing down to his image in worship, even as a joke. He seems to be a very spiritual person (frequents shrines anyway) and this might go against his beliefs.

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

What is the chance when your hero and idol worship you back? I only know it’s the case of Yuzu. Also he fulfills the desire to be carried only not on the back of Patrick but in the strong arms of others! 

I miss Yuzu. Praying for complete recovery!

This is what I like about Yuzu. That he doesn't let fame get to him. He is so vocal of his appreciation of other skaters. He doesn't think too highly of himself, like he's better than everyone else. 

31 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I understand what you're saying. My concern with that photo was different. I thought that it might make Yuzu uncomfortable to see people bowing down to his image in worship, even as a joke. He seems to be a very spiritual person (frequents shrines anyway) and this might go against his beliefs.

Even if he's not a spiritual person he wouldn't be very comfortable with that haha. He once said that he received a lot of his portraits, like oil painting, life size that kind of stuff, and he feels sorry because he doesn't know what to do with them and it's creepy to have it staring back at himself on the walls lmao. Plushenko has no problem doing that tho. 

All in all it's just a joke, people don't actually kowtow like that regularly. I'm sure Yuzu would understand and laugh at the ridiculousness too. 

The actual thing that troubled me was someone taking a video of him while asking for a signature, and people are saying how good that video is because it's so close to Yuzu. I mean uh I appreciate that video, but I don't think Yuzu would be very amused to have a phone camera pointed at him while he's signing a signature for you. It didn't seem respectful for the time he gave you personally anyway, as if getting the video to brag / share / remember later is more important than giving him your full attention and just appreciating him giving you his time.