General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, Arwen said:

... but there are countries which didn't sign Universal Copyright Convention. So theoretically if a website is under jurisdiction of such country laws, copyright owners could block it "outside" only?

But it'd be hella expensive all the same, even if doable.

I'm pretty sure the Chinese weibo / bilibili sites didn't care much about all these. Weibo is a little difficult, but bilibili is quite accessible even to foreigners, although I'm not sure about their policies.

Here's the bilibili site of the largest Yuzu Weibo account (Yuzuru Hanyu Infostation: 564k followers on weibo), where they host their subbed Yuzu videos and news dating back to Aug 2016 

Here's the bilibili site of the second largest Yuzu Weibo account (YuzuRINK), they host their Yuzu subbed vids here too, there's even more of them lol, dating back to Dec 2014 (THEY SUBBED THE ENTIRE CWW OMG) 

You can sort the videos by "Most played" or "Most favourited" as circled below 

Gqs04zX.png 

Here's the 66th NHK Kōhaku Uta Gassen where Yuzu appeared in, cut to Yuzu scenes only 

The location of the "close on-screen comments" button, which is right under the video (the blue button) as circled. That's the only thing you need to know lol. You can control the playback speed too but that's for another time. 

mgqA6GI.png 

Here's more Yuzu content on bilibili

Anyone who can read Chinese can operate it (probably, barring any weird restrictions. I have a personal account for collecting the videos but I heard content makers need a test haha). Even if you don't, once you use it long enough you'll know where to click lol, I once played a full Korean game based on only fan translations haha. 

*bonus: Some of the very best MADs I've ever seen originated from here

10 hours ago, Salior said:

I understand that. Regarding the videos, my idea is actually to host our own video sharing platform, so translators can safely post their subbed videos there without the fear of getting taken down. I don't know how feasible it is, but it would be great to be honest. 

Hmm interesting, video hosting and playback is super tricky and resource intensive though.

31 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Hmm interesting, video hosting and playback is super tricky and resource intensive though.

Yea, definitely, idk how much server space that alone would take up lol.

Just dug up bilibili again, and now I'm wondering if it's feasible to host there instead. I mean the two weibo sites hosted there for so long without any problems, like YuzuRINK managed to sub the entire CWW there and multiple several hour documentaries there as well. Just need someone who understands Chinese to upload, I'm sure there's a few of us, or I can translate the interface lmao. Don't need to understand Chinese to play and it's pretty accessible to foreigners.

For sure the interface and options would be friendlier for viewers in Youtube and English sites, but I think it's a decent tradeoff for keeping the vids accessible without having to host our own vid site, so translators can have a peace of mind when they work on the subs. 

here's my research on bilibili

6 hours ago, Salior said:

I'm pretty sure the Chinese weibo / bilibili sites didn't care much about all these. Weibo is a little difficult, but bilibili is quite accessible even to foreigners, although I'm not sure about their policies.

Here's the bilibili site of the largest Yuzu Weibo account (Yuzuru Hanyu Infostation: 564k followers on weibo), where they host their subbed Yuzu videos and news dating back to Aug 2016 

Here's the bilibili site of the second largest Yuzu Weibo account (YuzuRINK), they host their Yuzu subbed vids here too, there's even more of them lol, dating back to Dec 2014 (THEY SUBBED THE ENTIRE CWW OMG) 

You can sort the videos by "Most played" or "Most favourited" as circled below 

Gqs04zX.png 

Here's the 66th NHK Kōhaku Uta Gassen where Yuzu appeared in, cut to Yuzu scenes only 

The location of the "close on-screen comments" button, which is right under the video (the blue button) as circled. That's the only thing you need to know lol. You can control the playback speed too but that's for another time. 

mgqA6GI.png 

Here's more Yuzu content on bilibili

Anyone who can read Chinese can operate it (probably, barring any weird restrictions. I have a personal account for collecting the videos but I heard content makers need a test haha). Even if you don't, once you use it long enough you'll know where to click lol, I once played a full Korean game based on only fan translations haha. 

*bonus: Some of the very best MADs I've ever seen originated from here

7 minutes ago, Tee said:

:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Hide contents

There was over a month between ACi and GP Helsinki and it's only been a week since Yuzu skated in Russia why do I miss him sm 

Yeah tend to miss him after another men’s competition. You can’t help but compare how godly Yuzuru is compared to a lot of the men ... by a lot I mean all :acceptable: