General Yuzuru Chat

Re: Database-like site
I like the idea of making information about Yuzu accessible, but let me say one thing: Some of the uploaders of Yuzu-related videos are making efforts to control the accessibility of their video. When a video is accessible, it means that it has a larger risk of being found and taken down. This season, it seems harder for them to keep their videos uploaded so I'm thinking that I have to be extra careful about sharing the info about their videos.

37 minutes ago, LeadenMyr said:

I wanna hear him gush over rostelecom's otoñal. Dear gods, the sheer beauty of it. The passion, the feeling. Agh.

This is literally my exclaimation in my daily rewatch of rostelecom's Otonal. It's just breathtakingly beautiful. And every time when I finish the stepseq, I get goose bumps. 

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

46 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Re: Database-like site
I like the idea of making information about Yuzu accessible, but let me say one thing: Some of the uploaders of Yuzu-related videos are making efforts to control the accessibility of their video. When a video is accessible, it means that it has a larger risk of being found and taken down. This season, it seems harder for them to keep their videos uploaded so I'm thinking that I have to be extra careful about sharing the info about their videos.

I understand that. Regarding the videos, my idea is actually to host our own video sharing platform, so translators can safely post their subbed videos there without the fear of getting taken down. I don't know how feasible it is, but it would be great to be honest. 

18 minutes ago, Salior said:

I understand that. Regarding the videos, my idea is actually to host our own video sharing platform, so translators can safely post their subbed videos there without the fear of getting taken down. I don't know how feasible it is, but it would be great to be honest. 

Well, videos don't get taken down just because people like to mess with fans. They get taken down because of copyright laws and because uploading them is against those laws. If you made a website that hosted videos, especially publicly, easily accessible, that would would only serve to draw the attention of the same entities that claim copyrights to the website as a whole and get whoever is hosting it in trouble with them. (And if we're talking Japanese media, pictures and magazine articles and so on are also copyrighted and technically, sharing them is illegal.) A website just with information and maybe online pictures with credit might be left alone, but if you draw in the attention of TV media, you risk getting into more trouble than it's worth, IMO. (I also think it'd be easier to go after a website than SNS accounts of video sharing platforms, because a website needs to be registered and generally you can find the real person behind it fairly easily.)

So, while I have been in favor of a website for Yuzu to compile all pertinent Yuzu information since before the Planet was created, when it comes to videos, video sharing websites are still the best bet. Anything else can lead to trouble.

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Well, videos don't get taken down just because people like to mess with fans. They get taken down because of copyright laws and because uploading them is against those laws. If you made a website that hosted videos, especially publicly, easily accessible, that would would only serve to draw the attention of the same entities that claim copyrights to the website as a whole and get whoever is hosting it in trouble with them. (And if we're talking Japanese media, pictures and magazine articles and so on are also copyrighted and technically, sharing them is illegal.) A website just with information and maybe online pictures with credit might be left alone, but if you draw in the attention of TV media, you risk getting into more trouble than it's worth, IMO. (I also think it'd be easier to go after a website than SNS accounts of video sharing platforms, because a website needs to be registered and generally you can find the real person behind it fairly easily.)

So, while I have been in favor of a website for Yuzu to compile all pertinent Yuzu information since before the Planet was created, when it comes to videos, video sharing websites are still the best bet. Anything else can lead to trouble.

The only way videos won’t be taken down 100% guaranteed if Yuzu himself made a website and allowed fans to upload subbed videos :xD: 

12 hours ago, liv said:

Probably he thinks Yuzu doesn't stand and pose enough... or shake/wiggle his hips. It IS from plushenko....

:embSwan:     Hahahaha lol true. But  to  be  fair  when he  was young  , even  t  younger  than Yuzu , I'd say befor 21-22 y.o, he  wasn't  only about   posing  and wiggling the  hips. He  did  plenty  of  cool stuff.  It    feels  like  a century   ago tho.

50 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Yea, that's why I said it'll be difficult. One can dream... The basic info can come up first, the videos and the rest after we figure out how to deal with them.

Some form of restriction will definitely be needed. I have a feeling that most of the channels that are shut down only have several videos that were claimed, but the entire channel was shut down because of those claims, which led to past videos all becoming inaccessible. I'm pretty sure that some people will want to pay the original TV media owner to watch them, but just don't know how. I think nonchan and tsukihoshi handled the Aoi Hono translations quite well, they required people to buy the books before they pass them the translations. The primary purpose is to have translated info available, instead of having CBC relying on weird sites like that. 

Yuzu in Japan (Tokyo/Sendai)...

I know the diagnosis will be out soon and am difficult to be calm so I wanted to post something to cheer up. Also, while he's in Japan, I just want him to have as much fun as possible. The video is old but is one of my favourite Yuzu v food :D Watching Yuzu eating food makes me so happy :img_20: must be my maternal instinct:68468287: so eat up bby!! He will need to have good amount of protein for injury recovery (in this video, there are 3 different types of protein - egg/meat, tofu/soy and fish). He said 「卵かけご飯マジで幸せ」"Tamago kake gohan (TKG) maji de shiawase" - (Eating) TKG makes me really happy. He also said 至福 (the happiest). Nom nom nom...:10636614:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

If you made a website that hosted videos, especially publicly, easily accessible, that would would only serve to draw the attention of the same entities that claim copyrights to the website as a whole and get whoever is hosting it in trouble with them.

... but there are countries which didn't sign Universal Copyright Convention. So theoretically if a website is under jurisdiction of such country laws, copyright owners could block it "outside" only?

But it'd be hella expensive all the same, even if doable.