General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That reminds me when some people expressed concern that Origin layout with 4Lo and 3Lo was a zayak risk. All I could think of was: "This is Yuzu, he won't zayak. He thinks too much to make a mistake like that. If he pops the 4Lo, he'll replace the 3Lo with something else." He did zayak once, a long time ago, but never again since then, I think.

And there's Nobu who was named the Zayak King rip, who often managed to get enough marks docked off to keep him from podiums, despite his jumping ability. No wonder he thinks Yuzu is amazing. 

4 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That reminds me when some people expressed concern that Origin layout with 4Lo and 3Lo was a zayak risk. All I could think of was: "This is Yuzu, he won't zayak. He thinks too much to make a mistake like that. If he pops the 4Lo, he'll replace the 3Lo with something else." He did zayak once, a long time ago, but never again since then, I think.

Lots of people were saying that's why he was doing 3Lz in training. Just in case.

Though really that was probably an optimistic Plan C because Yuzu popping his quads into triples happens about once in a... yeah. :notamused:

15 hours ago, kiches said:

Oh wow CBC REALLY mixed that one up then. They probably just googled his name and found this page and completely misread it. Wonder if they got some intern to put this together and didn't check their work, they completely misconstrued the tweet in the opposite direction.

I do think it's that kind of mistake, like they showed the tweet instead of the article to avoid promoting that other site, but the announcer's words are vague enough to confuse things for the viewer. I don't think the creators meant any harm but I wish they could have been more careful. It's just sad to read replies from fans who watched that video in good faith and honestly don't know what to think about it.

I'm really sorry to have added to any negativity here with my criticism. The account shared the video twice and the clickbaity tweet has over 8x as many RTs as the original. So they did a great job, it's just too bad the RTs and clicks aren't for something worthwhile.

Leaving all that aside, I'm glad that Yuzu is in Japan and I am optimistic that being in his home country, even if not "at home," will help a lot with his mental & emotional strength, healing and recuperation. Still sending my support of course, to him and everyone everywhere suffering with and for him :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw:

33 minutes ago, Salior said:

It's just a little funny how the Russian articles about Yuzu is so much higher in quality than American / CBC ones, even though most Yuzu materials are subbed in English. The Russians managed to point out his strengths, his character, what he is good at, and appreciate him for that across the biggest news platforms, among coaches and fans, even among people who don't skate. Here's Yuzu's intro card at Rostelecom Cup. Beats me if he ever gets this kind of description in US. 

Like you wouldn't see US Football directors telling his players "Yuzu's popularity cannot be explained by his talent alone. He has the strength and the character for that, and we should be like him tomorrow for our competition" like the Russian director did.  None of their biggest news agencies talked about Pooh. 

Here's some compiled comments from the figure skating community, and here's some compiled comments from the fans.  Yagudin and TAT both recognised that he is smart and reacted quickly when he failed to perform 4T-3T by attaching -1eu-3S instead, the Japanese TV analysed the changes in his FS layouts, and all CBC / US can think about his fans is poohs and controversial tweets. 

Thanks for this. Yuzu's love affair with Russia is not one sided that's for sure!! I love reading about different people appreciating Yuzu especially the people involved in figure skating. They understand the difficulty of the sport and because they know that, their appreciation means a lot for him (I think). Japanese media and ordinary people sometimes fail to see the extent of Yuzu phenomenon outside Japan and things like these (Russian figure skating world's appreciation) should be shown more.

Earlier topic of CBC Yuzu clickbait (or re-tweet bait) has went on for many pages so don't want to drag but I just want to put what I thought of it so I'll put in in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Regardless their overall reputation around sports broadcasting, I thought that particular CBC Olympics video clip was a poor quality clickbait. I would not put CBC and T*L on the same ground but the way the video ended, it is the same way as T*L used Yuzu photo or name to get click on their video. And even worse thing is, they want you to re-tweet "If you are a Yuzuru Hanyu fan". So by them testing their theory (that fanyus are "intense"), they want to see people either love or hate the video?? Either way, it will show the intensity of the fan by counting the retweet number...?

Many of the satellites have already posted the points that I agree so I just put my tiny 2cents here (btw, Australian have ditched 2cents long time ago so the smallest coin in circulation is 5cents!).

The video showed a particular tweet about the comments posted at some voting about "Hot" athletes. The title of the survey was "抱かれたいスポーツマン” (athlete who you want to have s*x with). It was a magazine reader's vote on athletes in various sports field and Yuzu came no1. The thing is, the magazine is one of those gossip magazines that you typically see in hair salons or doctor's waiting rooms or somewhere similar. The tweet was questioning if a men's magazine published a voting like this, it would/could consider as sexist/sexual harrassment(?). The original tweet went on "If you swap women and men in this picture, you'd get the impact of it clearer" and "You are saying to this 20 something girl that you want to" "Comfort her as an older man" (41yr old house husband), "I want to teach her all sorts of things" (47yr old public worker) and OT concluded "See what I mean?"

Another thing that this so called debate of the survey had provided was a juicy bits that antis could use to disparage Yuzu and his fans. NO CBC Olympic we DON'T need this.

So I just went "Really CBC? Do you really need to pull that garbage out in the broad daylight?" I can laugh about poohs and bus loads of crazy Japanese fans or sobbing fans after performance but after seen that tweet bit, I just had to conclude this is just a rubbishy clickbait. I can't understand the true intent of this video clip. Even though I am a Yuzu fan, I will choose not to like or dislike this and certainly not retweeting bc it's better to let it sink under the vast ocean of internet. RIP crappy Yuzu clickbait :drowning: 

I think we as fanyus need to grow thicker skin and laugh, side eyes or roll eyes to heaven to these rubbish and just don't take them seriously or get offended. We don't start attacking them as that is what the majority of controversial articles/videos want.

17 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Thanks for this. Yuzu's love affair with Russia is not one sided that's for sure!! I love reading about different people appreciating Yuzu especially the people involved in figure skating. They understand the difficulty of the sport and because they know that, their appreciation means a lot for him (I think). Japanese media and ordinary people sometimes fail to see the extent of Yuzu phenomenon outside Japan and things like these (Russian figure skating world's appreciation) should be shown more.

Earlier topic of CBC Yuzu clickbait (or re-tweet bait) has went on for many pages so don't want to drag but I just want to put what I thought of it so I'll put in in the spoiler.

Hide contents

Regardless their overall reputation around sports broadcasting, I thought that particular CBC Olympics video clip was a poor quality clickbait. I would not put CBC and T*L on the same ground but the way the video ended, it is the same way as T*L used Yuzu photo or name to get click on their video. And even worse thing is, they want you to re-tweet "If you are a Yuzuru Hanyu fan". So by them testing their theory (that fanyus are "intense"), they want to see people either love or hate the video?? Either way, it will show the intensity of the fan by counting the retweet number...?

Many of the satellites have already posted the points that I agree so I just put my tiny 2cents here (btw, Australian have ditched 2cents long time ago so the smallest coin in circulation is 5cents!).

The video showed a particular tweet about the comments posted at some voting about "Hot" athletes. The title of the survey was "抱かれたいスポーツマン” (athlete who you want to have s*x with). It was a magazine reader's vote on athletes in various sports field and Yuzu came no1. The thing is, the magazine is one of those gossip magazines that you typically see in hair salons or doctor's waiting rooms or somewhere similar. The tweet was questioning if a men's magazine published a voting like this, it would/could consider as sexist/sexual harrassment(?). The original tweet went on "If you swap women and men in this picture, you'd get the impact of it clearer" and "You are saying to this 20 something girl that you want to" "Comfort her as an older man" (41yr old house husband), "I want to teach her all sorts of things" (47yr old public worker) and OT concluded "See what I mean?"

Another thing that this so called debate of the survey had provided was a juicy bits that antis could use to disparage Yuzu and his fans. NO CBC Olympic we DON'T need this.

So I just went "Really CBC? Do you really need to pull that garbage out in the broad daylight?" I can laugh about poohs and bus loads of crazy Japanese fans or sobbing fans after performance but after seen that tweet bit, I just had to conclude this is just a rubbishy clickbait. I can't understand the true intent of this video clip. Even though I am a Yuzu fan, I will choose not to like or dislike this and certainly not retweeting bc it's better to let it sink under the vast ocean of internet. RIP crappy Yuzu clickbait :drowning: 

I think we as fanyus need to grow thicker skin and laugh, side eyes or roll eyes to heaven to these rubbish and just don't take them seriously or get offended. We don't start attacking them as that is what the majority of controversial articles/videos want.

The reputation of CBC just went down the drain for the JPN fandom lol. https://kaikore.blogspot.com/2018/11/yuzuru-hanyu-s-fans-are-the-greatest.html 

3 minutes ago, Salior said:

The reputation of CBC just went down the drain for the JPN fandom lol. https://kaikore.blogspot.com/2018/11/yuzuru-hanyu-s-fans-are-the-greatest.html 

Have you also seen the PH Demographic listed on the page? We are from all over the world!! I hope people understand CBC Olympic did this video clip and CBC broadcasting for figure skating should not be mistaken as the same people as Kurt clearly loves Yuzu!!

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Have you also seen the PH Demographic listed on the page? We are from all over the world!! I hope people understand CBC Olympic did this video clip and CBC broadcasting for figure skating should not be mistaken as the same people as Kurt clearly loves Yuzu!!

I did haha, I was surprised too. I think they were translating the comments, it was me who put that demographic survey up because it's the only one I remember seeing online, really thank you to the admins who made the graph. 

Here's the original comment, took me a while to find it lmao. Had to search "Mongolia" because that's what I remembered from one of the replies. 

On 11/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, yuzuangel said:

So out of curiosity I looked at the self-selected country tags of each user (although we only started having the tag like, a couple of months in, so half of the users on PH never filled out a country tag). The tag is what displays your flag underneath your avatar.

It's very interesting, 1481 people have filled out a tag (not including those who chose to leave the field blank), and we are from 88 different countries :D The most number of members are from the United States, but over half of our members are from Asia.

(Long graph is long so click to zoom in.)

Av2h7hX.png

3sUZ2d0.png

and here's @hanyuyuzurufeed's demographics on twitter, Facebook group's is here (I'm pretty sure they have an updated one but couldn't find it)

In all seriousness, I really want to have and contribute to a centralised site where we can host all the Yuzu medias, translations and info in a more concentrated/coordinated/professional way. Currently they are so scattered all over the place, it is difficult for new people to find them via google search, like as unlisted videos/download links/translations that pop up here and there. Especially after so many youtube subbed videos get taken down. The Yuzu Weibo Information account hires translators and subbers for regular info, I think we can come together to combat this kind of misinformation. 

12 minutes ago, Salior said:

In all seriousness, I really want to have and contribute to a centralised site where we can host all the Yuzu medias, translations and info in a more concentrated/coordinated/professional way. Currently they are so scattered all over the place, it is difficult for new people to find them via google search, like as unlisted videos/download links/translations that pop up here and there. Especially after so many youtube subbed videos get taken down. The Yuzu Weibo Information account hires translators and subbers for regular info, I think we can come together to combat this kind of misinformation. 

Yeah that's very interesting, I'd be interested in that too. I've started experimenting with Google Doc embeds where we can all edit a document at once. That way it's easier because having one person maintain a post is unreliable (unless you're @kaeryth). But I haven't been trying it for very long. Our forum isn't super SEO-optimized even when it comes to Yuzu resources (and even less so when it comes to figure skating resources). I've been experimenting with writing recaps for events but I don't know where to post them.

6 hours ago, kaeryth said:

One weakness..... I wonder what it is...

giphy.gif

I actually really appreaciate Plushenko said that, because receiving the idol's sincere wisdom word is different from receiving a mere compliment. For Yuzu, I believe he expects to know what his weakness is from his idol/mentor. Plush's words is really encouraging.

10 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yeah that's very interesting, I'd be interested in that too. I've started experimenting with Google Doc embeds where we can all edit a document at once. That way it's easier because having one person maintain a post is unreliable (unless you're @kaeryth). But I haven't been trying it for very long. Our forum isn't super SEO-optimized even when it comes to Yuzu resources (and even less so when it comes to figure skating resources). I've been experimenting with writing recaps for events but I don't know where to post them.

My vision is some kind of website (like yuzuruhanyu-info.com or something) where a completely new person who has no idea about him, or a journalist looking for info, can learn where to start. The initial setup might be mind boggling, but I think in the long term it will be worth it, especially considering how these people literally have no clue how to get reliable comprehensive info outside of google searching his name in English. If CBC don't have a problem quoting a site like that, I think we can be better than that at least. 

Other than basic info, maybe we can have useful links like links to buy Aoi Hono & translation, and list of people they can follow on various platforms. We have so many good artists in Japanese but it didn't cross their mind to search his Japanese name lol. After that (I think this will be difficult), maybe a stock of subbed vids / documentaries for people to binge during off-season / when they are starting that won't get taken down like Youtube, I think the compilation done here is very impressive. Regular event updates will need more maintenance and come later. I just hope it doesn't fall into disrepair like many other fan sites. 

Example like Misha's website that is powered by an existing blog domain "square space", http://www.mishage.com/#-passion-of-art-, and some other skaters' websites - Evgeni Plushenko's website (lol) http://evgeni-plushenko.com/eng/, Yuna Kim's website http://www.yunakim.com, Daisuke's website https://d1sk.com/discography/, Mao's website http://mao-asada.jp/link/, Shoma's website https://shoma-uno.com, Evgenia's website http://medvedevaevgeniya.com . Here's one by nonchan http://yuzuru-hanyu-translations.weebly.com.  I have 0 idea on how to run a website (other than my tumblr blog lmao) lol. 

Put your recaps in a thread haha! I'm sure they'll be useful in the future

11 minutes ago, Salior said:

My vision is some kind of website (like yuzuruhanyu-info.com or something) where a completely new person who has no idea about him, or a journalist looking for info, can learn where to start. The initial setup might be mind boggling, but I think in the long term it will be worth it, especially considering how these people literally have no clue how to get reliable comprehensive info outside of google searching his name in English. If CBC don't have a problem quoting a site like that, I think we can be better than that at least. 

Other than basic info, maybe we can have useful links like links to buy Aoi Hono & translation, and list of people they can follow on various platforms. We have so many good artists in Japanese but it didn't cross their mind to search his Japanese name lol. After that (I think this will be difficult), maybe a stock of subbed vids / documentaries for people to binge during off-season / when they are starting that won't get taken down like Youtube, I think the compilation done here is very impressive. Regular event updates will need more maintenance and come later. I just hope it doesn't fall into disrepair like many other fan sites. 

that's a cool idea, if you (or anyone) decide to make a thread like that i can pin it, maybe it'll be similar to a website? i've also been thinking about maybe getting some wiki-like features for the site, but not sure how many people would use it. 

24 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

that's a cool idea, if you (or anyone) decide to make a thread like that i can pin it, maybe it'll be similar to a website? i've also been thinking about maybe getting some wiki-like features for the site, but not sure how many people would use it. 

wiki-like features will make things much easier if everyone can help in contribution, considering the sheer amount of info, and how we need people to cover for each other so the website won't die out too quickly. Not that we should get too ambitious too soon, but it'll definitely help in the maintenance of the website haha 

Having exams next Monday rip me, after that I'll be thinking, it's something I've been entertaining for a while. I tried to make something like that here but it's a very poor attempt lol https://yuzuru-hanyu-central.tumblr.com . Would be great if this can gain some traction, a site that keeps all fans, translators, subbers, photo/art contributors together across all platforms. I've seen so many good translations of Finnish newspapers that would undoubtedly be lost in the sea of info... 

10 minutes ago, Salior said:

wiki-like features will make things much easier if everyone can help in contribution, considering the sheer amount of info, and how we need people to cover for each other so the website won't die out too quickly. Not that we should get too ambitious too soon, but it'll definitely help in the maintenance of the website haha 

Having exams next Monday rip me, after that I'll be thinking, it's something I've been entertaining for a while. I tried to make something like that here but it's a very poor attempt lol https://yuzuru-hanyu-central.tumblr.com . Would be great if this can gain some traction, a site that keeps all fans, translators, subbers, photo/art contributors together across all platforms. 

I don't know about tumblr (I don't really use it...anymore) but I was looking at this for wiki (IPB is what planet hanyu is built on): https://invisioncommunity.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/core-concepts/databases-part-i-r152/

Search for "Wiki-style editing"