General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

:10742289:

Well we knew already that he'll probably skip GPF :tumblr_inline_n2pje3s3EO1qdlkyg: If he's skipping JNats too, he might want to stay in Japan to celebrate his birthday there? and then go to Toronto

Ahahaha, well, yes, when I think about it now, the only new thing we get is that he is in Japan now (and this for me sets everything).

So, rest well, Yuzu. Don't rush anything. You have plenty of time. Spend your birthday and Christmas with whole family. You deserve this :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

Sorry if it's been posted but it seems there's a small "Hanyu Yuzuru Fair" photo exhibitiom to promote Yuzuru II at Kinokuniya Shinjuku main store from the 22nd-29th of November. They'll be selling the 2018-19 calendars and backnumbers of Sportiva as well.

https://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/c/store/Shinjuku-Main-Store/20181120120055.html

@dotsquare Not sure if you'll be visiting Tokyo during this time. 

9 minutes ago, TallyT said:

We are going to worry, but can keep in mind that he will get the absolute best medical attention and treatment that Japan can provide, no expense or effort spared.  He is too important to Japan to do otherwise.

Thank you. Now I feel even better.

More funny topic, I finally noticed that Zu did first 4lo in WPOS, LOL :68468287:

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

About the CBC. There's something, I , as a Canadian, have been really surprised by since I became a Yuzu fan on the internet, and that is the level of sheer anger and hatred directed by non-English-speaking fans towards the CBC. I watch the CBC for sports all the time, and their coverage, while often held back by their lack of money (because they are government-funded), has always been positive, honest, straightforward, and as complete as they can make it. They're doing a really big, really difficult job with not enough money, staff or resources. And they don't just cover sports; they're a full network with  many, many responsibilities. They cover everything from local village news in the remote North to international wars and everything in between. 

They may not be perfect in their coverage of Yuzuru, but they are doing their best. They do not hate him; in fact he gets remarkably positive coverage from them (probably due to Kurt being a fan), and they do not try to diss him or put him down. I have seen so many posts by foreign fans knocking the CBC down because they didn't like the coverage, but not one of those people ever stops to consider that maybe their translation is bad, and that they are not correctly understanding what the CBC has said. Or they fail to realize that the CBC is, first and foremost, a news organization - they have to report the truth, even when said truth may be inconvenient for some. 

It profoundly hurts me that the CBC, a gem of Canadian life, part of the fabric of Canada, gets ripped to shreds over nothing, when they don't deserve it. 

As for this piece about Yuzu's fans, and the retweet thing: the CBC was being complimentary. They didn't have to do a piece on Yuzu's fans at all, they could have ignored their existence. But instead, they noticed that Yuzu's fans are an interesting news story on their own, and decided to interview some of them. There was no insult or mockery in any of the coverage; it was a gentle and kindly-worded article that I found sweet and interesting. Because it was intended to be sweet and interesting. 

Those who are offended by this, that is your choice,  but there is nothing in this coverage to take offense at. It was NOT meant that way. 

AS for the twitter post/ retweet: Either RT or don't, your choice. But don't think it was some cynical cheap trick to take advantage of fans for fame. The CBC has far better things to do, than that.

As a Canadian Yuzu fan, I'm very offended by how many non-Canadians hate my beloved CBC over nothing.

Please stop bashing them. 

Thank you. 

As a fellow Canadian, I do agree with a lot of what you said. But I do think the video in the tweet was done in bad taste, and there's nothing wrong with calling them out on that. It's important to keep MSM accountable on their content, I'd have felt the same regardless of which network it came from. 

7 minutes ago, jinxxoo said:

As a fellow Canadian, I do agree with a lot of what you said. But I do think the video in the tweet was done in bad taste, and there's nothing wrong with calling them out on that. It's important to keep MSM accountable on their content, I'd have felt the same regardless of which network it came from. 

I disagree that the video was done in bad taste. But to each their own. 

53 minutes ago, ainjxx said:

can i ask how long is the validity of tarot reading? the person on tumblr who did yuzu's reading before did it around nov and it was pretty accurate until olys that's why i got scared when i saw her reading for this season. this time she did it last sept and we're still at nov and lots of stuffs alr happened

I didn't read that person's original reading, just the summaries of it here, but I wouldn't worry too much. At the end of the day every reading is just that person's best interpretation of the cards that they pull. Even with the relatively simple three card reading that I shared here, there were a lot of different things that came to mind when I thought through how each card might apply to the situation. The card that I pulled in the future spot was very positive, so I'm choosing to go with that for now and keep an optimistic view.