General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

That's so weird...especially the last one where they call out someone's tweet complete with their username.

that was was made me go really  :judgmental: the choice of the tweet and especially how it was framed are...not what I would have liked to see. Maybe they were trying to be funny but it came out as quite judgmental

the rest is basically the same old story about 'japanese' people following him (which is of course correct, but limited) and Pooh... they could have tried a little more... I mean, Olympic Channel did much better, they finally let people from all the world speak and they choose some very good comments too... 

I still appreciate the effort tho, it's a sign of how much all our little (and not-so-little) shows of support (in what is still a minor sport) have become notable to the point it's worth doing a fluff piece on it (or several fluff pieces)

I hope next time they'll do a better job tho:sigh:

36 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

that was was made me go really  :judgmental: the choice of the tweet and especially how it was framed are...not what I would have liked to see. Maybe they were trying to be funny but it came out as quite judgmental

the rest is basically the same old story about 'japanese' people following him (which is of course correct, but limited) and Pooh... they could have tried a little more... I mean, Olympic Channel did much better, they finally let people from all the world speak and they choose some very good comments too... 

I still appreciate the effort tho, it's a sign of how much all our little (and not-so-little) shows of support (in what is still a minor sport) have become notable to the point it's worth doing a fluff piece on it (or several fluff pieces)

I hope next time they'll do a better job tho:sigh:

Yeah, it's like, ??? That's what they chose to end on? And nothing about his skating, what he's won, how much he had to go through to get there? They have so little faith in the sport that they don't think it's possible that people you know, like it and enjoy watching it? Ok lol, says a lot about them I guess.

:offtopic2:when I first watched this video I thought "he makes that single jump look like it's the easiest thing in the world" so I tried to do it but (silly me) I could never land it as smoothly as he does, I lost my balance every time lmao. I'm amazed at how easy and chill he makes everything look... I'd love to do a triple or quad with a harness on just to truly grasp the idea of how difficult figure skating actually is

37 minutes ago, ICeleste said:

:offtopic2:when I first watched this video I thought "he makes that single jump look like it's the easiest thing in the world" so I tried to do it but (silly me) I could never land it as smoothly as he does, I lost my balance every time lmao. I'm amazed at how easy and chill he makes everything look... I'd love to do a triple or quad with a harness on just to truly grasp the idea of how difficult figure skating actually is

That big hahahaha laugh made my day:devilYuzu:

zuzu we miss you so much and we all wish you happy mood everyday!

6 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg sorry for changing the topic but I had to share this little snippet of my morning! 

I was waiting the bus with two aunties and one of them noticed my skating jacket and asked me if I was an athlete. I said I just began and the other lady said she watches figure skating on sky these days, and she saw a 'ballet dancer' (she used these words) from Japan who was especially beautiful, but unfortunately he fell, "but he still won the competition!!". As my eyes were shining I told her he is my favourite skater and double Olympic champion.

ballet dancer:rofl: US media are shaking

28 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

Brian's face in the last pic is doing things to my poor heart :tumblr_m7etfqA8wS1qb1380:

:sadPooh:

Spoiler

And in the second last pic he looks so sad/worried. It must hurt to have experienced the joy of his comeback in Pyeongchang and his great skates at the two previous competitions (and the sp the day before) just to have it ripped away. Yuzuru’s team is strong to have witnessed behind the scenes and they’ll continue to be strong and support Yuzuru! 

Sorry im so emo. Every time I open the gen chat I think there’ll be news :13877886:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

Yuzu is the most balletic of the top skaters. Just look at the arch of his back while skating. The arabesque leap is beautiful (and an actual ballet move). He just doesn't incorporate ballet moves for the sake of it, and he doesn't come off nearly as stiff in the upper body (by choice), but his carriage, lines, and the absolute control he has of his body from his toes to his fingertips speaks to the aspects of ballet that matter for me in figure skating, anyway.

2 hours ago, Paskud said:

hahahahah it's nice to hear someone's opinion that is not used to the specific terms and meanings that FS has! They just see beauty and elegance, they see someone dancing on skates, so that someone is a ballet dancer! (I'd say also a little detail is that in Italy 'ballerino' means both ballet dancer and just dancer in general, be it modern or hip hop) 

30 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Yuzu is the most balletic of the top skaters. Just look at the arch of his back while skating. The arabesque leap is beautiful (and an actual ballet move). He just doesn't incorporate ballet moves for the sake of it, and he doesn't come off nearly as stiff in the upper body (by choice), but his carriage, lines, and the absolute control he has of his body from his toes to his fingertips speaks to the aspects of ballet that matter for me in figure skating, anyway.

I have felt that all along and indeed it was Yuzu as a dancer not a skater that initially attracted me to him.  There is a novel I've been working on in which the lead character is a young ballet dancer in his mid-teens.  He is already considered one of the top dancers in the world and when he is talking to someone about his dancing, he states, "I want to make my body sing!"  I think that might be close to Yuzu's approach to his skating.  He wants to give his skating the strength and delicacy which the best male dancers embody.  One sees it also in the sense when Yuzu is skating that we are not seeing a series of separate moves, but a movement where all the elements are linked and part of an unbroken unified phrase.

We also have to realize, though, that Yuzu is blessed with a pair of choreographers who realize what Yuzu is capable of doing artistically and work with him to make his artistry shine.  Yuzu, Jeffrey and Shae-Lynn are a team who work diligently together to make Yuzu's skating sing.

12 hours ago, Bilge said:

It says this content is not available on the video. How can i watch?

Edit: it's this one i guess

10 hours ago, Forcefield said:

I wanted to watch it but I read the tweets first and seems some fans are not happy with the video and portrayal, so I'm not sure about viewing it. Although I think fandom can be too sensitive, we're also too often mocked that it gets tiring.

Telling fans to retweet this is tacky, and the cynic in me thinks they are even exploiting non-English-speaking fans... Getting them to engage with the nice sounding, simply worded tweet, while the clip is lazy and inaccurate. Really feels like PC Olympics content that was barely refreshed with new photos. 

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

That's so weird...especially the last one where they call out someone's tweet complete with their username.

I finally remembered why this part was familiar... The questionable comment doesn't belong to that Twitter user, the tweet was actually protesting it:

https://soranews24.com/2018/02/23/older-female-fans-steamy-comments-about-gold-medal-skater-yuzuru-hanyu-sparks-debate-online/

I’ve been thinking a lot about last year these past few days, and I just wanted to say how grateful I am for having found this forum. 

Last year after Yuzu’s injury I felt incredibly alone in my worry and sadness and anxiety. I was a quite new fan, and watching people speculating that he wouldn’t be able to compete and then saying that he wasn’t going to podium was sort of terrifying to me, and I didn’t have anyone in my life I could talk to about it since most didn’t even know that I was interested in figure skating. 

This year, while I’m still really sad and I still dread going through this again, reading some of the kind, thoughtful comments here helps, a little.

1 hour ago, LadySnowblood said:

Telling fans to retweet this is tacky, and the cynic in me thinks they are even exploiting non-English-speaking fans... Getting them to engage with the nice sounding, simply worded tweet, while the clip is lazy and inaccurate. Really feels like PC Olympics content that was barely refreshed with new photos. 

I finally remembered why this part was familiar... The questionable comment doesn't belong to that Twitter user, the tweet was actually protesting it:

https://soranews24.com/2018/02/23/older-female-fans-steamy-comments-about-gold-medal-skater-yuzuru-hanyu-sparks-debate-online/

Oh wow CBC REALLY mixed that one up then. They probably just googled his name and found this page and completely misread it. Wonder if they got some intern to put this together and didn't check their work, they completely misconstrued the tweet in the opposite direction.