General Yuzuru Chat

Folks, I just began my rewatch of Hope and Legacy, and I found the one in his 2016 NHK trophy is as amazing as what he did in 2017WC. I mean although the technique was not that perfect, he lost two jump elements. But in terms of performance, it was even better than WC. The body movement is really relax and contains a lot details which makes the aesthetics of the program so much impressive. I recommend it as one in "the programs you definitely need rewatch" list

7 hours ago, vanadiezz said:

Has this been shared?

https://newsbreakouts.com/leaving-no-doubt-olympic-icon-yuzuru-hanyu-has-the-greatest-fans/

I think the original post is from cbc.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/leaving-no-doubt-olympic-icon-yuzuru-hanyu-has-the-greatest-fans-1.4913410?utm_content=buffer494b4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Too bad that they still maintain that 

Yuzu's fans are just from Japan, though. Need to learn something from Olympic Channel here...

It says this content is not available on the video. How can i watch?

Edit: it's this one i guess

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

By the way, the girl's face in the second picture... that's what I call a pure shock. :rofl:

:knc_yuzu1:  I think the shocked girl from the second photo is the girl with the black hair cover in the third photo.  You can kind of see it peeping out in the second photo.  She probably saw the boy and, after Origin, thought "screw it, I'm going for a hug too!!"  

Smart girl!  :68468287:

EDIT:  Whoops, someone else already noticed that.  

1 hour ago, Bilge said:

It says this content is not available on the video. How can i watch?

Edit: it's this one i guess

I wanted to watch it but I read the tweets first and seems some fans are not happy with the video and portrayal, so I'm not sure about viewing it. Although I think fandom can be too sensitive, we're also too often mocked that it gets tiring.

What I find ironic about tweets reaching out to fans and videos like this though is the declaration that Yuzu's fandom is mainly JPN fans but then everything is in English so it reaches mainly the part of Yuzu's international fandom that communicates in English. So the marketing is a little off, maybe aknowledge the other piece of the fandom if they won't bother to step out of their comfort zone and English-user focused audience.

2 hours ago, Anzi said:

I don't know whether Sasha like skating or not. But based on the instagram of Plushenko skating school (I certainly have no idea why I follow it), Sasha already began his skating training coached by his father in a quite strict way. I guess P is that kind of "tiger father", the parent who has high demanding for his kids...

If P is my dad I will be just :Poohgaveup:

I wish I had a father like P.  He looks genuinely affectionate all the time with his son, even when he pushes him beyond his limits, physically and mentally, and that can be tiring. 

I saw the video of him teaching his son to do the splits. The boy was crying a little for the pain, but it only lasted a couple of seconds, and then Plushy hugged him and kissed him sincerely. I don't remember any exchange like that in my life. 

I guess that it's subjective, what kind of vibes does Plushy give off. It's also cultural differences. But I think that if some parts of his character were fake in any way, Yuzuru would not have chosen him as an idol and a guide for his development. 

Omg sorry for changing the topic but I had to share this little snippet of my morning! 

I was waiting the bus with two aunties and one of them noticed my skating jacket and asked me if I was an athlete. I said I just began and the other lady said she watches figure skating on sky these days, and she saw a 'ballet dancer' (she used these words) from Japan who was especially beautiful, but unfortunately he fell, "but he still won the competition!!". As my eyes were shining I told her he is my favourite skater and double Olympic champion.

I'm so amazed that even in Italy Yuzuru is reaching many people, I live in quite the suburban neighborhood, so I never expected this to happen. 

This is also the reason why we complain that Rai doesn't broadcast FS enough. FS is beautiful, it's easy for people to become passionate about it watching it on tv, but they only broadcast one competition in 4 and they do it in weird schedules.

43 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg sorry for changing the topic but I had to share this little snippet of my morning! 

I was waiting the bus with two aunties and one of them noticed my skating jacket and asked me if I was an athlete. I said I just began and the other lady said she watches figure skating on sky these days, and she saw a 'ballet dancer' (she used these words) from Japan who was especially beautiful, but unfortunately he fell, "but he still won the competition!!". As my eyes were shining I told her he is my favourite skater and double Olympic champion.

I'm so amazed that even in Italy Yuzuru is reaching many people, I live in quite the suburban neighborhood, so I never expected this to happen. 

This is also the reason why we complain that Rai doesn't broadcast FS enough. FS is beautiful, it's easy for people to become passionate about it watching it on tv, but they only broadcast one competition in 4 and they do it in weird schedules.

I'm Italian and this has made me so happy! Sadly, there's really not enough Skating coverage here. :sadPooh:

has this been shared?:tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

also, yes for FS broadcast on Rai being seriously lacking...I think they didn't even broadcast OWG men SP, or if they did they hid the schedule so well I couldn't find it on replay:curse:    I think even the broadcast for euros and Worlds wasn't full... and I had to search really hard to find it... tho, that one time they did stream live Zu's FS from Sochi on non-pay-per-view channel I...well...I wasn't appreciative back then:tumblr_m9gcraReGL1qzckow: I'm still both laughing and cringing at myself and my karma everytime I think about that...