General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 1 hora, BWOZWaltz said:

I'm still processing the whole situation since Sat. 

Reveal hidden contents

I feel I'm powerless in the situation. All I can do is pray for his quick recovery and for his happiness. Whatever he chooses to do, as long as he's happy with the decision, I will accept it. I know it was not wise to have skated with the injured ankle but Yuzu had thought through what's his priorities. His love for Russia and desire to skate in front of them had outweighed his own health unfortunately. He couldn't see when he could skate Origin in Russia next so he had to do it. His ankle condition since the last year means he has to do things there and then all the time. At TCC media day, he mentioned about 4A and the time limit to achieve that in competition is getting closer. He must have been thinking about his ankle as well. In the interview after the fs, he explained that his ankle got not much ligament left to damage in the first place. This doesn't sound good at all. He's prone to injuries more than before because of the injury sustained last year. 

I personally think he should WD from GPF and JNats. He can forget about 4CC too. But I think he wants to go WC as that's held in Japan. JSF would be a laughing stock if they didn't pick him for WC because of the WD from JNats. I don't think they're that stupid but we'll see. If Shoma wins GPF, it could add some complications so I really want someone else to be on the top of the GPF podium if Yuzu can't be there. I just don't trust JSF because of the past and ongoing issues.

I wish someone'd slap me so I can snap out of this gloomy loop of "what if" and "can't do" kind of state of mind :snapoutofit:

Don't get me wrong. I believe in Yuzu 100% that he will do everything he possibly can to over come obstacles but physical conditions are beyond one's control sometimes and that's what I'm talking about. Like today I was googling about stem cell injections and wondering if that could work for Yuzu's ankle. I really wish a brand new set of ankles for his birthday present...I really do.

Anyway, I've checked my biorhythm and today I'm in the negative emotional zone...probably monthly visitor from the moon is on its way too:13877886:

Those who has read this section, sorry about the negativity but I just couldn't stop these negative voices in my head today.

Thank you.

:10742289::tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

23 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

:snapoutofit:

:hugs:

Reveal hidden contents

Wow, I just had another thought. If he skips Nationals this year, next year he might not get NHK again (if he continues ofc).......welp good for us trying to get tickets? 

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Wow, I just had another thought. If he skips Nationals this year, next year he might not get NHK again (if he continues ofc).......welp good for us trying to get tickets? 

He skipped Nationals two years ago and still got NHK last year. Will depend on his performance in Worlds, I guess? I have a feeling he will continue... He still needs to land those 4A and due to the recent situation I think it will be more feasible for him to do it next year.

Re: JackG.'s article

iirc it isn't the first time Jack's gone down the 'tough men' route (or being tough in general). It makes me go:waffle: when, after mentioning Yuzuru's motivations, Jack wraps things up with an ode to true manliness (whatever it is). While parts of the article are good, others missed the point. IMO what Yuzu said in press-con, about his choice and why he made it, made the meaning of that skate crystal clear and for sure it wasn't to be the tough man, tho Yuzuru is, without doubts, tough

Tbh it makes me sad that people would take Yuzuru's skate as display of manliness or example of what people must do to be worthy (and exalt/criticize him because of this view). I have no idea about what's happening in NBA, so maybe Jack could have a point or maybe I'm just misunderstanding him, but sure as hell I don't want people to look at the many times Yuzuru skated through injury and think they need to do the same otherwise they aren't good enough. To me, it's all about awareness, goals and choices. Maybe in the end the results are the same as "just acting recklessly". But the point is that, if there are reasons and weighting options and deep feelings behind a choice (not just blnd stubborness), it's different and that's where I have to step back from talking as the one who knowes better.

But, while it is a skater's choice to compete despite injury (tho, if skaters are underage, parents and coaches should be majorly involved in the decision-making), meeting someone else's idea of manliness shouldn't factor in that choice. I don't really want to see skaters break themselves in fear of backlash if they choose to preserve their health...if it's their own choice I'll support them (while worrying and screaming in frustration and wishing they had made a different one), but it has to be their own choice, not the choice of someone else:gaah:

Also, I'm pretty:2: at when Jack claims Yuzuru's coaches should step in and protect Yuzu from himself... man, Yuzu isn't stupid or inexperienced, he'll listen to all opinions, weight his priorities and act accordingly. Like he did in Russia.

Re: the football example

Spoiler

Football has also changed a lot, now it's faster and I'd say more physically demanding. Also, our knowledge of human body and injuries and chronic injuries and dangers of concussion and so on has improved so I think that to act to reduce potential injuries is a must, so stopping the game for potential danger is a good thing imo, if not the most exciting for the audience(*) It's bad that certain people try, as always, to exploit rules faking or exagerating...but IMO that's because they are losing their pride as sportsmen because too much money are at stake now (and likely not enough punishment for both players and clubs that cheat)

(*) the difference with what's expected in FS is staggering tho, especially if we remember the average age is much lower than in professional football... I know Liza Tuk tweeted about this too, but seriously,  skaters deserve so much more credit for what they do and they barely get material reward...if any... (I also wish ISU could revise rules a bit for when there is necessity to interrupt a program...right now skaters are really pushed to soldier on no matter what)

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I know...it's really a disgrace especially when you think about the dollars they make by acting up like this. They might as well be Hollywood actors. 

Oh Kazu-kun!! He's such a cutie...:img_21: 

I'm still processing the whole situation since Sat. Watched sp and fs over and over. Otonal's pure beauty hits me every time I watch. It's so beautiful it hurts me so much and reduces me to tears. Re-watching fs is harder but Yuzu and his beautiful spirit emerging through the program grips me every time. Just think about his poor ankle literally gives me pains in the stomach...

I have some thoughts that I need to get it off the chest and because it's sensitive topics, I will put it under spoiler so those who do not wish to be down or in emotionally fragile state, please do not read.

Reveal hidden contents

I feel I'm powerless in the situation. All I can do is pray for his quick recovery and for his happiness. Whatever he chooses to do, as long as he's happy with the decision, I will accept it. I know it was not wise to have skated with the injured ankle but Yuzu had thought through what's his priorities. His love for Russia and desire to skate in front of them had outweighed his own health unfortunately. He couldn't see when he could skate Origin in Russia next so he had to do it. His ankle condition since the last year means he has to do things there and then all the time. At TCC media day, he mentioned about 4A and the time limit to achieve that in competition is getting closer. He must have been thinking about his ankle as well. In the interview after the fs, he explained that his ankle got not much ligament left to damage in the first place. This doesn't sound good at all. He's prone to injuries more than before because of the injury sustained last year. 

I personally think he should WD from GPF and JNats. He can forget about 4CC too. But I think he wants to go WC as that's held in Japan. JSF would be a laughing stock if they didn't pick him for WC because of the WD from JNats. I don't think they're that stupid but we'll see. If Shoma wins GPF, it could add some complications so I really want someone else to be on the top of the GPF podium if Yuzu can't be there. I just don't trust JSF because of the past and ongoing issues.

I wish someone'd slap me so I can snap out of this gloomy loop of "what if" and "can't do" kind of state of mind :snapoutofit:

Don't get me wrong. I believe in Yuzu 100% that he will do everything he possibly can to over come obstacles but physical conditions are beyond one's control sometimes and that's what I'm talking about. Like today I was googling about stem cell injections and wondering if that could work for Yuzu's ankle. I really wish a brand new set of ankles for his birthday present...I really do.

Anyway, I've checked my biorhythm and today I'm in the negative emotional zone...probably monthly visitor from the moon is on its way too:13877886:

Those who has read this section, sorry about the negativity but I just couldn't stop these negative voices in my head today.

Thank you.

You just raise the most "violent" group healing project. 

I hope I can give you a physical hug and tell you everything would finally turn to good result. We are here with you.:10742289:

I was trying to persuade myself to sell my GPF tickets during the past 48 hours. As two friends of mine asked me to help sell theirs I am forced to think of my own. I just couldn’t do it. 

Logically I know that it’s about time to let go, unless I really want to get further bankcrupted but mentally I’m not able to. Somehow I feel that doing this cuts some kind of bounding, and it surprised me that I ‘ve happily lived with that bounding for the past few months.  

Anyways sorry for whining here since even I myself is getting tired of the feelings of sadness and powerless. As a fanyu I wish Yuzu a speedy and painless recovery and I don’t want him to come back to any competition without fully healed, including GPF. However I am still having a hard time letting go. Call me stupid ... :sadPooh: 

2 minutes ago, Anzi said:

Wait what.....Is that a sort of joke? Did he really have no idea what's the Origin for????? 

My eyes roll to the heaven

:3:

LOL...ikr...why would Yuzuru Hanyu skate a tribute program to Nijinsky...

9 minutes ago, Victoria said:

:O so that's why he said he thought it was missing some nijinsky moves??

"This tribute to nijinsky has no nijinsky moves!" - Plush