General Yuzuru Chat

2018 CoR SP "Otoñal" Yuzuru Hanyu (OG Channel Commentary: Andrea & Ryan)

Spoiler

I loved Ryan Bradley's commentary so much I decided to transcribe it.

Ryan Bradley: What's the most unbelievable to me about all of this is somehow he's getting better. He was unbeatable a few years ago and this is even stronger. He's putting out such amazing qualities. His musicality is forever improving. He spins as well as anyone in the world; and when you're jumping with that sort of ease it just looks like he's doing a watered down program even though it's elite! It's the hardest program in this event and he does it so comfortably that it looks like just a simple run-through.

.... but what a program! Beautifully choreographed. The energy continues to build all the way through and what can you say about these jumping passes? They're just so easy. He takes that extra breath to show the control over that right back-outside edge; on this triple axel he has that patented entrance and right back into the transition. It's just seamless. That's the biggest thing about Yuzuru - is the jumping passes is just part of the choreography. He has so much flow in, so much flow out, and he gets right back into the program as quickly as he can and it's just stunning...

2 hours ago, Fay said:

You’ll find it hard to believe, but the Russian Lokomotiv football club executive director posted a message to his footballers saying they should emulate Yuzuru Hanyu... 

Does anyone want to translate this? Or summarize it in more detail?

awww Kazuki is so sweet, I hope this is the first of many podiums to come:10636614:

2 hours ago, Fay said:

You’ll find it hard to believe, but the Russian Lokomotiv football club executive director posted a message to his footballers saying they should emulate Yuzuru Hanyu... 

nice words, I was worried it would be a 'you should play no matter what, even if your body breaks', but it was about hard work to hone talent and achieve results:tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

always aming to give his best, fighting for what he chose and pursuing what he wants with unyielding spirit... this is why I think Yuzuru's Origin in Russia is a legacy. Not to push others to disregard their health (as some people have said somewhere else, entirely missing the point) but owning one's choices and not letting adversities defeat you

I am again reminded of Tennyson's Ulysses "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield":tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

btw, @SparkleSalad :1497158260_5GOE: :67638860:

The Russians already loved Yuzu, but I do think the fact that he put so much importance and emotion into doing this, in their country and to honour Plushy and his own love for Russian skating, probably won him even more fans and more admiration.

It may not have been prudent, but it came from the heart.