General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, holina said:

I miss Yuzu too.

If he was able to skate this well in the FS, then his injury can’t be that bad? (It should be much better than last year?).  If his ankle was severely busted than he probably wouldn’t be able to move his ankle at all, let alone skate and do quads with +5 GOEs?  The crutches must be him just learning to be cautious this time around?

(someone please say “Yes” to all of the above).

I was thinking about him today while driving home from work, thinking how much he has sacrificed for his love of skating.  Being away from his country and family for so many years.  I was wondering whether I would wish that he would just retire so that he can go back to live in Sendai with his family, perhaps fall in love with a nice girl, and do his own brand of skating shows around Japan, and not having to worry about getting injured by pushing his body so hard.  That would give him another type of happiness.  But now, the happiness he gets from competition, challenging his limits, and moving forward the sport of figure skating is bigger.  So whatever he wants to do, I just will fully support him.

The next time we see him skating to “May Spring Come” we will all be such an emotional mess!!  It will have soooo much feels....

Thanks for making me cry :crybaby:

5 minutes ago, holina said:

I miss Yuzu too.

If he was able to skate this well in the FS, then his injury can’t be that bad? (It should be much better than last year?).  If his ankle was severely busted than he probably wouldn’t be able to move his ankle at all, let alone skate and do quads with +5 GOEs?  The crutches must be him just learning to be cautious this time around?

I was thinking about him today while driving home from work, thinking how much he has sacrificed for his love of skating.  Being away from his country and family for so many years.  I was wondering whether I would wish that he would just retire so that he can go back to live in Sendai with his family, perhaps fall in love with a nice girl, and do his own brand of skating shows around Japan, and not having to worry about getting injured by pushing his body so hard.  That would give him another type of happiness.  But now, the happiness he gets from competition, challenging his limits, and moving forward the sport of figure skating is bigger.  So whatever he wants to do, I just will fully support him.

The next time we see him skating to “May Spring Come” we will all be such an emotional mess!!  It will have soooo much feels....

His retirement is something we all dread, but in hindsight, it's such a beautiful idea to know that he could live a fulfilled life with his family and probably a nice girl (who can tolerate the mess that he is hahahahahaha). It gives me comfort that there can be that kind of life waiting for him. Maybe then, he wouldn't think about having done something wrong to deserve so many misfortunes (he said this after FS).

13 minutes ago, Paskud said:

And I hope Yuzu drank today big cup of hot chocolate with zunda, and got many warm hugs, and sang loudly his favourite songs :tumblr_inline_mqt4gvxxtJ1qz4rgp:

I hope he doesn't turn into skating monk again like last year, where he devoted all his energy to skating even when. He was off ice. Yuzu, you can play games, listen to music and read manga this time while you recover 💖

At this point, what I hope is he'll do anything that makes him happy.

Forgive me for saying this, but I really wouldn't mind if he becomes a skating monk again this time around.

I mean, what we define as happiness might be different from what is happiness for him.

So I guess I just want him to do whatever it is he wants to do.

Of course I'll be happy if he gets to play his favourite video games, but again...all is up to him.

In the meanwhile, I'll be binge watching his vids whenever I feel like I miss him (which literally means every few hours).

7 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I hope he doesn't turn into skating monk again like last year, where he devoted all his energy to skating even when. He was off ice. Yuzu, you can play games, listen to music and read manga this time while you recover 💖

Such as... Smash Bros. Ultimate?

It's out on Dec 7 2018 after all...

(Was going to shuttle between it and the GPF, but if Yuzu does show up at the GPF I'm afraid that I would probably get a bad case of vertigo from shuttling between playing and worrying about him busting his poor ankle again... :sadPooh:)

I've never written on the General chat forum, only competition and ticket related ones so it feels weird to do it now, but I needed a space to release some of the sadness of this weekend. I don't mean to bring down anyone who sees this but is this honestly real? After 2ish days it still feels unreal. I was at home, working on an essay and refreshed my twitter page and saw that he had fallen. Knowing the magnitude of what happened last year, I didn't take the situation that seriously in the first 5 minutes (thinking at first that fans had overreacted), but then I read he left practice. Still, I decided to wait because apparently someone said he had done this before at ACI18. When he skated, I thought that meant it wasn't so bad but as every day passes I'm starting to get awful deja vu and its quite honestly depressing - I don't know how Yuzu deals with it. If I was him I'd be crying all the time at the unfairness of the world/ fate. His perseverance is why we all love him but the waiting is honestly so horrible (the worst part for me personally, and I'm usually a patient person by nature)...last year it nearly drove me insane. I don't know what else to say, but I guess thanks to everyone here who understands and who is trying to infuse this forum with positivity! 

57 minutes ago, holina said:

I miss Yuzu too.

Girl, you shouldn't drive the car while thinking about Yuzu's incident. That's not safe.

Please avoid this as much as you could. :sign0009:

I think it's important to remember that they say it's not as bad as last year. And indeed, everything that happened points towards it not being as bad as last year. Yes, it's really awful and depressing that this keeps happening to him, but he can deal with it. If anyone can, it's him.

Now, I was thinking how a lot of people wondered why he still skated the free despite the injury when he doesn't really need to - and the contrast to last year, when he withdrew from NHK after the injury, despite that event also being really important to him, being at home - but also about him saying that he did consider focusing on GPF and Nationals, but that he really wanted to do a good performance in Russia, even if it meant maybe having to give up on those. All this let me to the conclusion that, despite all our joking, this season he really is skating for himself. When forced to choose, he chose to focus more on the events that mean the most to him, instead of the more prestigious ones. (Well, withdrawing from CoR would have meant GPF, but he could have taken it even easier than he did. Not many people challenge three quads on a busted ankle.)

I believe Worlds might also be important to him, so, again, if he has to choose, he'll probably choose to focus on that. But, both because it's still some time away and because it's actually still not as important as Olys last year, I don't think he'll be as intense about it as last year. And that's because at this point, I believe it's more important for him to be able to perform at the best of his abilities - and not just the best he can do under circumstances like injuries - than it is to win this or that title. Though it depends on the titles, of course. Only he knows what's most important to himself, but it seems he is staying true to his decision to essentially do what he wants.

What this means is that if GPF is really important to him, he'll gun for it, even if it means not waiting to heal properly. If Worlds is the most important for him, he'll do everything he can in order to heal and get back into shape by then. If Nationals is important, he'll focus on that. If neither is as important as healing properly and being able to perform at 100% - and maybe continue training 4A - then he'll just focus on healing, no matter how long it takes. I believe he is now in a place where these are entirely his choices and nobody can force him into anything but what he wants to do. Whether or not it makes sense to us. Because of that, I'm happy he went and skated in the free, even if he will have some regrets about it not being the kind of performance he wanted to do. Because it was important to him. And whatever he'll choose to do next will be the same. So, personally,  I'm ready to support him no matter what he decides, regardless of my own wishes.