General Yuzuru Chat

I was still upset all day and kept checking for possible new info at work (even though I know it's too soon for any meaningful one, lol). At least Brian's words cheered me a little, I choose to believe him that's not too serious for my own sanity.

The fact that Yuzuru has a spot for Worlds without taking a part at Nationals was obvious, so I think that statement probably means that it's even more probable (I refuse to say certain because that's Yuzuru after all). But I'm happy he seems to be a lot less fixated on this than he would be before. Hardships really make you wise :) 

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

After all, that happened this weekend, I needed to tame my emotions, because I don't think, Yuzu would want us to cry.

I wrote a short story. I wish it could be somehow delivered to Yuzu, but I have no idea how to do it.

So I am posting it here, for all of you and I will be happy, if it gives something to at least one other soul.

(And I apologize in advance for any mistakes or strange expressions.)

Hide contents

There was once a boy, who loved the stars. He lived in a small village next to a dark forest and dreamt about touching the stars. All villagers feared the forest and would not dare to wander inside. Only once a year, the bravest huntsmen left to the forest to catch little bear cubs. The boy would then sneak to their cages and let the bears out, to run back to the forest. The boy watched the stars every night and wished his bears happiness.  

One night, after the first snow, the boy watched the stars again. The brightest star flickered and fell into the forest. It remained, shining, on top of the tallest tree. The boy ran into the forest to fulfill his dream and touch the star. He ran through the deep snow and climbed the tree covered with ice. The ice was slippery and the boy kept falling. When he nearly reached the top, he fell again and broke his leg, but he never gave up and tried again many times. Finally, he reached the top and touched the star. The star filled his heart with golden light and the boy was happy. He climbed down the tree and exhausted, he lied in the snow.

The boy knew he won’t get back to the village. His leg was hurting and he could not move. No one will find him here. The boy was afraid, but refused to cry. Then, he saw many eyes watching him from the bushes. He was frightened, but refused to cry. The eyes came closer and the boy realized they belong to all his bears. The largest bear came to the boy and sniffed his leg. It then lowered itself and let the boy climb onto his back.

The bears and the boy disappeared into the deep forest to sleep through the winter. When the spring comes, the boy will return. Healthy, the star now shining in his heart.

Ah, please, making me cry first thing in the morning.

Lovely! Loved it! That was beautiful! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, 4Nessie said:

After all, that happened this weekend, I needed to tame my emotions, because I don't think, Yuzu would want us to cry.

I wrote a short story. I wish it could be somehow delivered to Yuzu, but I have no idea how to do it.

So I am posting it here, for all of you and I will be happy, if it gives something to at least one other soul.

(And I apologize in advance for any mistakes or strange expressions.)

Hide contents

There was once a boy, who loved the stars. He lived in a small village next to a dark forest and dreamt about touching the stars. All villagers feared the forest and would not dare to wander inside. Only once a year, the bravest huntsmen left to the forest to catch little bear cubs. The boy would then sneak to their cages and let the bears out, to run back to the forest. The boy watched the stars every night and wished his bears happiness.  

One night, after the first snow, the boy watched the stars again. The brightest star flickered and fell into the forest. It remained, shining, on top of the tallest tree. The boy ran into the forest to fulfill his dream and touch the star. He ran through the deep snow and climbed the tree covered with ice. The ice was slippery and the boy kept falling. When he nearly reached the top, he fell again and broke his leg, but he never gave up and tried again many times. Finally, he reached the top and touched the star. The star filled his heart with golden light and the boy was happy. He climbed down the tree and exhausted, he lied in the snow.

The boy knew he won’t get back to the village. His leg was hurting and he could not move. No one will find him here. The boy was afraid, but refused to cry. Then, he saw many eyes watching him from the bushes. He was frightened, but refused to cry. The eyes came closer and the boy realized they belong to all his bears. The largest bear came to the boy and sniffed his leg. It then lowered itself and let the boy climb onto his back.

The bears and the boy disappeared into the deep forest to sleep through the winter. When the spring comes, the boy will return. Healthy, the star now shining in his heart.

that was so sweet and heartwarming:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: thank you!

While reading I was picturing everything as runrun's drawings too, and it was so perfect, I'm supersoft now:softYuzu:

Which reminds me there was a whole video of runrun pics on YT, I need to find it again:10636614:

re: choosing battles

I'm not sure if winning Worlds in Japan is really what he wants the most this time, or if he's just gonna try to fullfill his childhood dream of a 4A..it's hard to predict anything...I guess we'll know in due time... but sure, they are Worlds in Japan...and if he'll be there, it will likely be the first time he'll be competing in his home country since... WTT17 :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid::13877886: (what's happened to Japan being a lucky place for him to compete?)

he'll want to skate his programs at their best tho, and especially Origin... since I saw the Origin costume, I had the image of a phoenix raising from the ashes. I've always seen Yuzuru as a bit of a phoenix, and gosh, now with the new injury I hope he'll be back skating as he wants, like the phoenix once more raising from the ashes, like in PyeongChang (tho hopefully without the need to take painkillers this time:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi2T9v1qz4rgp:)

Today I'm definitely relieved that at least it looks like the injury is not as bad as last season...(tho I'd like to know how much less bad it is:tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg:)

still a bit gloomy about what's next... but I'm in the acceptance&looking forward phase (who am I kidding, I'm gonna tear up again at the next video of victory ceremony, people saying sweet things about Yuzuru, and Yuzu being hugged by kids)

Now my wish for Yuzuru is...well, I have a lot of wishes for him :laughing: but I'm trying not to be greedy, so I'm choosing just one, the most important: my wish for Yuzu is that he'll be able to do what makes him happy:tumblr_inline_n2pje2TPZt1qdlkyg: Yeah, I know it's a bit like cheating, because skating is something he deeply loves and I really love his skating, so it's also a selfish wish... but whatever makes him happy, truly, I hope he's able to do that:tumblr_inline_mg16go8gBg1qdlkyg:

2 hours ago, Artemis said:

Hey... I've been out of figure skating and more importantly without news about Yuzuru's activities for a while, it's been a crazy half a year. I found out he got injured and god I hope he'll heal quickly and without any problems... I'm heartbroken over the fact that it has happened so soon after he finally healed from his last injury :tumblr_inline_mn41rkfu9v1qz4rgp:

I still have to ask though. If everything goes fine, do we know if he will be competing in Europe in 2019? I still have hope I'll get to see him live at least once even though we missed each other in Milan this year. Thank you.

I think nobody knows what will happen next year, but the Grand Prix Final is in Strasbourg in 2019...one can hope!:)

edit: and there will be the Rostelecom I think as well..maybe...

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't have any medical knowledge by any means, but I wonder if Yuzu has considered some of the more cutting edge ligament/tendon regeneration methods. Because I remember him saying that there's not much ligament left on his right foot? Does anyone with any medical knowledge know if this is possible.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5967361/

....and here I am imagining Yuzu thinking about getting CRISPR on his right ankle to make the muscle cells regenerate at a lightning speed rate....

....anyway I am no medical professional either, I don't know how feasible it is to perform that procedure on your ankle (the procedure described is performed on the knee). But who knows, Yuzu might have considered this option as well...

4 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

Thank you for this image. I will keep it in my heart over the long winter.

2 hours ago, ICeleste said:

thank you so much for sharing... :sadPooh: that was such a lovely story and it made me smile  :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, LeadenMyr said:

Ah, please, making me cry first thing in the morning.

Lovely! Loved it! That was beautiful! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, LadyLou said:

that was so sweet and heartwarming:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: thank you!

1 minute ago, Summer said:

Thank you for this image. I will keep it in my heart over the long winter.

Thank you, guys! I am happy I could express some feelings with this story and that you liked it. Really happy. :img_21:

6 hours ago, Xen said:

I know. If it were me, I'd make the decision in a heartbeat that I'll stick with such a layout and only toy with 4Lo occassionally (maybe only 1 GP event and 1 GPF and 1 worlds). But I'm not an ambitious person like him. And of course, he would consider it not challenging enough, perhaps even cowardly, since he could do more.

But to me, this is the compromise and a decision he would have to make and he is loathe to make.

@ICeleste:

Hide contents

I think the problem is he hasn't made up his mind yet what his long term goal is-even though I'm sure there is one. Is it health+4A or is it health+Beijing or is it health+Beijing+4A? It's like that saying, between fast, cheap and good, you can pick 2 but don't try to be greedy and demand all three (well as project management goes).  He needs to, even if he doesn't want to, make a decision of what his 2 priorities are. And then his team can formulate a plan around it. If his goal was 4A, it's possible he could even take a season off to just heal up and train; if his goal is beijing, then he needs to heal up but not train 4A for the time being. It cannot be as simple as "I just want to win." And personally, it's possible that he could have health+Beijing+4A, just that perhaps the solution would not appear until he agrees that he can compromise on something, it's an issue of timing (in my opinion).

But we are where we are, and it won't be him to be any less driven and demanding. And of course, this is all arm-chair speculation, from a person who is highly unqualified to speculate. I'm not on his team, and I'm not him. And all of this is with the benefit of hindsight, which is not always available.

In short, sometimes I want to take him by the shoulders and shake him. :13877886:

But alas, life of a Fanyu. When in years down the road I can remind my daughter/neice/granddaughter about this.

"Remember dear, never fall for boys like these! They will drive you nuts, make you crazy, break your heart and inspire you all at once!"

"But auntie Xen/mom/granny Xen, did you succeed?"

"...No! Which is why I have these clear files and magazines of him that you are holding in your hands."

I think he’s getting to where he knows for certain what he wants. It’s only 9 months since he fulfilled his life-long dream, it’s only 2 months since ACI when he realized he can’t be Chillzuru, and now directly after he was injured he said he still wants 4A, so that’s one part given. ACI to GPS seems to indicate he still wants to win win — I love how much clearer Otonal became when he moved the combo to the second half, showing the judges and everyone else what he’s aiming for and what he’s made of. And like, again, it hasn’t even been a year, since his dream came true. Every comp, every new experience is showing him where he is and what he wants.  

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I don't have any medical knowledge by any means, but I wonder if Yuzu has considered some of the more cutting edge ligament/tendon regeneration methods. Because I remember him saying that there's not much ligament left on his right foot? Does anyone with any medical knowledge know if this is possible.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5967361/

Made a quick search and guess that such methods might took a long time and he might need to skip one season or more. My guess is that he will want to postpone such methods unless they became an absolute necessity.

32 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

:sadPooh:

Please Yuzu, stop beating yourself. What you did was amazing and no one but you could have done it.

Yes!!! I've seen skaters compete on sprained ankles before. But I don't think I've ever seen anyone give a glorious performance on a sprained ankle before. Yuzuru is unreal!

That being said, I don't want this type of performances to become the norm, to be expected of athletes, to be expected of Yuzuru... :( He made a decision to skate, and it was probably the right one for him. I support him, I understand, but excessive praise by media makes me uncomfortable. No one should be pressured to risk it all the way Yuzu does--including Yuzu, although I refuse to believe he'll ever have to face such choices again.. :59227c768286a__s: So I don't really know how to talk about this performance. "It was amazing, but, please, PLEASE, don't do it again!"? I want him to be proud of and happy with it, but I don't want him or anyone else to ever attempt something like that again. How do you convey such a message?

8 minutes ago, MagicFS said:

So I don't really know how to talk about this performance. "It was amazing, but, please, PLEASE, don't do it again!"? I want him to be proud of and happy with it, but I don't want him or anyone else to ever attempt something like that again. How do you convey such a message?

I totally agree. What I meant was he shouldn’t be sorry, he skated beautifully on a busted ankle, which was his choice, probably not reasonable, but his to make nonetheless. He gave everything he had and shouldn’t be ashamed.