General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, Bilge said:

It was an hour ago. Here is the link 

22 minutes ago, paminess said:

yuzuru transformation

Yes this! It didn't even come into my mind that he's wearing Origin costume with his natural hair style!!!

When I saw Yuzu holding the medal up and smiling like an angel with the hair, I thought "God! he looks so sweet like his usual self" and never even thought about Origin the evil king costume looks odd without the push back hair style. I admit I was an emotional wreck when I was watching the ceremony so Yuzu could have been wearing a potato sack and still I wouldn't have thought anything of it...

4 minutes ago, Tee said:

Hide contents

I actually think he also would've skated last year if it wasn't Olympic season regardless

I remember reports that he couldn't move his right leg at all so then skating would be totally impossible, even with painkillers... But anyway he got through last year and he will again, it kinda kills me not knowing exactly how much time will be needed but can't really do anything but wait for the news... and that may not be soon.

Guys, I think the fact that he skated yesterday, and not only skated, but delivered one of the best 4S I've ever seen him do, says that his injury is recoverable in a reasonable amount of time. If the ankle was totally wrecked, it wouldn't have had the structural integrity to hold up to even one jump...but it's also problematic that he skated on it. So the state of his injury now is a very open question. We just don't know, and most likely we aren't going to be told much, either :(

The talk about skating while injured seems especially difficult with Yuzuru because he did it so many times when other people probably wouldn't have, and he maybe shouldn't have. He is still that same passionate and headstrong person, but I think he really is in a place now where he can take as much time as he needs, so I hope he does it... I don't think anyone else is close enough to 4A for him to be concerned about that, but maybe my bias is showing.

I already rewatched CoR Origin and I'm doing it again today when it's on TV here... It was beautiful and inspiring, his spirit really shined through and the impression of the god-man pouring all of his divine power into the world he created, finally becoming human, was stronger than ever.

Everyone's said so many amazing, touching things, I am just so proud of Yuzuru for following his heart and fighting. He didn't do it blindly and impetuously, it was a difficult and fully considered decision that was 100% him. Love him always!

Still being totally unproductive and un-Yuzulike here... Time to get to work :dontdothistome:

I hope he really doesn't  go to GPF and nationals. He hasn't taken any season off, It's sad that he won't be at those events but he really needs this rest I think. Even if it may be frustrating. His body won't hold forever if he keeps pushing it. I understand and respect his decision to skate the free program so now he can take his time to heal his body.

14 minutes ago, Hanmgse said:

I hope he really doesn't  go to GPF and nationals. He hasn't taken any season off, It's sad that he won't be at those events but he really needs this rest I think. Even if it may be frustrating. His body won't hold forever if he keeps pushing it. I understand and respect his decision to skate the free program so now he can take his time to heal his body.

I strongly believe that he would withdraw from GPF.. 

The three weeks rest is said before he done his FS right? Probably need longer now.  :sadPooh:

I hope he takes enough rest and therapy and return whenever he is healthy. I hope there won't be any complication like last year and will pray for his health, but I'd rather seen GPF and Japan Nats cancelled than seeing him forcing himself to participate in those events (unrealistic, I know, but it is my emo side typing so...)

I'm dreaming of happy Zu rejoined the season during 4CC as warm up before Worlds 2019 and won both events. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Now excuse me I need to cry again.  :tumblr_inline_mzx922J8H21r8msi5:

(Damn you Yuzu, you've made me into a cry baby) :tumblr_inline_mzx8t825tZ1r8msi5:

things seem dire now because Yuzuru is injured again, and even with each injury looking more final than the last I think it's important to remember everything Yuzu has given us throughout the course of his glorious career. He inspired me and picked me up when I was at the lowest point of my life. I know he's done the same for countless people. Let's never forget his legacy of kindness and competitive spirit. He not only pushed the sport of figure skating forward, but has also pushed a generation of people to work hard for their success and to embrace happiness and I think that that's just incredible. 

4 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I don't know, who did this, but it is beautiful.

I wish Jack would choose this as Today's Yuzu for tomorrow.

Fuck... I was feeling all superior because I didn't cry a single tear for Yuzuru for all this damn mess that happened. 

This video did it. 

It broke me. Yuzuru... 

30 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

Yeah, me too. I think that even if prognosis is really good, Yuzu will prioritize Nationals, and in order to do decently at Nationals, he'll have to sacrifice GPF for some extra healing time.

If 3 weeks rest means completely being off-ice and no burden to his ankle, I doubt he would make it to JNats. Not enough time and not worth it. I don't want him to rush his rehab like last year. I want him completely better and ready. World champ is very likely. He has time to rest, rehab and comeback to form his stamina for practice.