General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, alizabeth said:

You have guts

Nah, I still haven’t rewatched Origin at CoR. I’m still trying to find the courage to watch it. At least NHK17 was past and he got through it. I was trying to find some solace on how PH survived all those months before PC. If anybody knows let me know. I had trouble sleeping last night. :sadPooh:

Just now, Pearlple said:

Nah, I still haven’t rewatched Origin at CoR. I’m still trying to find the courage to watch it. At least NHK17 was past and he got through it. I was trying to find some solace on how PH survived all those months before PC. If anybody knows let me know. I had trouble sleeping last night. :sadPooh:

I was in the same stage yesterday. But last night I rewatch the Origin with my full courage and found, to my surprise, it didn't hit me again, (except the 3A falling, I just hid my eyes in that moment ). But rather, it  really empowers me and I somehow got relieved. Cuz every step he made on the ice is such powerful, and that fighter spirit energizes me inside and out.

8 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

Watch all the past Yuzu content and forget that you are in 2018

there's a lot of stuff here http://hanyuedits.tumblr.com/archive 

and here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZPWc4jOG_znUD18EMEuisg/videos

and here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU9rYgyV01s9S4abBMRIZQw/videos

see you back in time 

5 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

I had to go to work 20 min after he skated and I was a total mess at work to say the least! Yesterday and today I cried so much that I am assured that are no more tears left !

1 minute ago, Anzi said:

I was in the same stage yesterday. But last night I rewatch the Origin with my full courage and found, to my surprise, it didn't hit me again, (except the 3A falling, I just hid my eyes in that moment ). But rather, it  really empowers me and I somehow got relieved. Cuz every step he made on the ice is such powerful, and that fighter spirit energizes me inside and out.

I actually watched the thing live lol. And I didn't think anything was serious with the fall, just thought "oh so his ankle is still bothering him a little despite him saying it's ok" so it wasn't that bad, wasn't a bad splat or anything 

I'm trying my best not to assume anything either way but that's hard.  Take each day at a time and make the most of it like Yuzuru would do, starting now because after the fall I've been pretty worthless all weekend...

13 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I don't know, who did this, but it is beautiful.

I wish Jack would choose this as Today's Yuzu for tomorrow.

I watched this and the "Why We Love Yuzuru Hanyu" one a bunch of times yesterday. This is the creator's post about it (did a similarly great one last year too):

1 hour ago, airi said:

Technically, he can decide. He skated with (I assume) worst injuries before. But I hope and believe he's not the same person and will put his health first... 

It also depends on how serious injury is. Yuzuru isn't the only skater who skated while being injuried, Shoma did, Wakaba did, Misuki Sumoto did, Boyang did. But there are injuries like the one he had last year which made you unable to walk normally, much less to jump. It is when you can't do anything but withdraw. 

3 minutes ago, wpisces said:

It also depends on how serious injury is. Yuzuru isn't the only skater who skated while being injuried, Shoma did, Wakaba did, Misuki Sumoto did, Boyang did. But there are injuries like the one he had last year which made you unable to walk normally, not less to jump. 

True, but I assumed it's not as serious, because he skated here - and he wanted to skate at NHK too, but his leg literally didn't move then... So unless his skating Origin really did a big damage (but I just try not to think about it ;;) it should be a lot better than last year. Still, I hope he will listen to doctors :( 

12 minutes ago, airi said:

True, but I assumed it's not as serious, because he skated here - and he wanted to skate at NHK too, but his leg literally didn't move then... So unless his skating Origin really did a big damage (but I just try not to think about it ;;) it should be a lot better than last year. Still, I hope he will listen to doctors :( 

Injuries are always worse on the second day. I think part of why he could skate yesterday was bc he was injured that morning. But also, yes, I really hope it’s not as serious as last year.

47 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

To be honest my heart was heavy but seeing his smile at the ceremony lifted my spirit, made me believe this will pass too 

:cri:

1 hour ago, airi said:

Spoiler

I actually think he also would've skated last year if it wasn't Olympic season regardless