General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Lily* said:

I don’t think we can trust anything the Federation says. Yuzu specifically told us yesterday that he would need three weeks of complete rest so, including adjustment period, it would be difficult for him to even make it to the Nationals. I can’t help but think that he is trying to tell us the truth but isn’t allowed to announce his WD until the last minute for reasons. Not really his but those of all the parties concerned.

(And, hi everyone! :wave:)

I agree with you fellow mushroom. A Japanese friend told me that they cut out the portion in the broadcast wherein he said his participation at GPF may be highly unlikely. Japanese endorsers has investment that are at stake if he withdraw. I doubt Shoma can pull the same crowd as Yuzu does. So until the last minute I don’t think they will announce it.

We need to prepare for lack of news until the GPF comes close. 

I think for athletes it's pretty normal to say "I'll heal and try my best to at the next competition."  It's just that even if he doesn't participate, the standard protocol would have JSF make such statements and contact endorsers and sponsors ahead of official news. 

At this point, still focus is on healing first. 

(Else if he shows up at GPF in skating boots, and is not fully healed- apologies in advance guys, but I'll chase after him with a giant plushy and whack him over the head.)

"Considering his past, it would be hard to rule Hanyu out of the Grand Prix Final, which he has won four times." yeah now they are playing with my heart!

17 minutes ago, Pearlple said:

I agree with you fellow mushroom. A Japanese friend told me that they cut out the portion in the broadcast wherein he said his participation at GPF may be highly unlikely. Japanese endorsers has investment that are at stake if he withdraw. I doubt Shoma can pull the same crowd as Yuzu does. So until the last minute I don’t think they will announce it.

We need to prepare for lack of news until the GPF comes close. 

Probably you're right.

On 9/11/2018 at 17:17, ICeleste said:

One year ago today, I remember waking up and seeing the worst news... The Olympics were just a few months away and you were willing to give it all. You'd spent the off-season training for one of the hardest challenges: lady Lutz. You'd landed it for the first time at CoR- you'd fought so hard to stand on your feet on that first try, and your bright smile in the K&C after doing it was just priceless... But with every challenge comes a risk, and you never imagined that that double-edge sword would be potentially career-ending.
That day -Nov. 9th-, I woke up with such a good mood, because I knew NHK was soon and I couldn't wait to watch you compete again. You woke up with a fever but your stubborn, dedicated self insisted on the 4Lz...  Moments after, the video of the fall and the news that you'd been crying as you had to withdraw from NHK were everywhere. That was the beginning of a seemingly eternal and dark couple of months. I'd held on to the hopes of seeing you again in December, but time went by and I still hadn't heard from you. I realized then how serious the situation was.
Then came 2018 and my hopes of seeing the OGM around your neck were faltering... Until days before the Games, Brian assured us we had nothing to worry about since your ankle would be ready in time. My illussion led me to trust his words blindly. In February, you landed in South Korea with an unprecedented aura of calmness and confidence: no matter the result, you were glad to come back to what you're most passionate about. And the ice, as well, was so happy to have you back that it welcomed you like a king, allowing you to deliver a glorious, WR-worthy SP. For a few minutes, you entirely made us forget you weren't in your best condition. The next day, Seimei shined like a fighter and made you a double Olympic champion, displaying the epitome of perseverance and resilience.
Looking back today, I can't help but feel incredibly ecstatic as I watch you triumph in this new season and, more importantly, although I may sound like a broken record, I'm thankful to be able to keep enjoying your sublime skating.

Thank you, Yuzuru, for keeping on giving me joy:snpeace:

Yesterday the worst nightmare repeated itself and though it'd worsen the pain, you chose to compete. Today you showed up to receive your gold medal with a smile, to tranquilize those of us who love you. I never thought I'd see an athlete jump onto a podium while on crutches and even smile during the situation, but as I watched you do it I thought "you're undoubtedly a fighter, the most admirable one I know". Thank you for being my inspiration to not let depression win and to never give up, even when life is cruel and unfair. I'll never understand why the most noble people are destined to suffer the most. Fate has put so many hardships in your way... asthma, the earthquake, the bullying from the media and toxic fans of other skaters, COC 2014, all of the health problems that you can't get a break from every season.. And still you keep going, defying the odds and declaring "I won't retire yet", thinking about giving your all to be happy and to make your fans and your country happy, gifting us with your skating, breaking an endless number of historic records, triumphing over each obstacle; with your incredible strength that propels you to improve yourself (even more) everyday and to keep fighting for your dreams, as unreachable as they may seem to others... I'm  thankful that I got the chance to know you and support you, at the highest and lowest points. Please rest and take care now, miracle boy...

The federation used the same tactic last year. They told us he wants to be at Nationals and then kept on giving us small details about the injury and only announced his withdrawal a week before the actual competition. Then we found out that he wasn't even on the ice the whole time and there was no chance of him competing at all. So, I will not believe anything they say this time since they have a reason to hide the truth and pretend he will compete (advertisers, broadcasters, tickets, etc.). Yuzuru is on churches now and even if it is a small injury that will only need few days to heal (very doubtful from what we can see), he will not have enough time to get back in form and compete at his best. 

I think it is safer and more healthy for us and him if we assume that he is not going to GPF or Nats and act accordingly.

43 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think for athletes it's pretty normal to say "I'll heal and try my best to at the next competition."

Yes. He also said the same thing about Nationals and Worlds last season. And we all know he withdrew from both. Actually, he can't decide if he can compete or not. His participation in competition depends on his injury. 

11 minutes ago, Neenah said:

The federation used the same tactic last year. They told us he wants to be at Nationals and then kept on giving us small details about the injury and only announced his withdrawal a week before the actual competition. Then we found out that he wasn't even on the ice the whole time and there was no chance of him competing at all. So, I will not believe anything they say this time since they have a reason to hide the truth and pretend he will compete (advertisers, broadcasters, tickets, etc.). Yuzuru is on churches now and even if it is a small injury that will only need few days to heal (very doubtful from what we can see), he will not have enough time to get back in form and compete at his best. 

I think it is safer and more healthy for us and him if we assume that he is not going to GPF or Nats and act accordingly.

As masochistic as it may sound, I was reading thru the NHK17 thread the whole

day while waiting for the VC at CoR. Everything was parelleled again this year. 

The only difference was he skated and aggravated his injury this time.

2 minutes ago, wpisces said:

Yes. He also said the same thing about Nationals and Worlds last season. And we all know he withdraw from both. Actually, he can't decide if he can compete or not. His participation in competition depends on his injury. 

Technically, he can decide. He skated with (I assume) worst injuries before. But I hope and believe he's not the same person and will put his health first... 

About the ceremony:

I am relieved by seeing his sunshine smile. Yuzu is really happy now and I know he will probably have a tough time going though the treatment and recovery.

But the moment that he used crutches walking through the red carpet and jumping on to the podium really empowers me and gives me the courage to believe there must be a bright future for him and his skating.

Now neither GPF or Nats matters to me. The only thing I am happy with is he is going to take a full TREATMENT of his body. I really wish he can get good rest after this exhausting competition.