General Yuzuru Chat

On 11/18/2018 at 1:35 AM, micaelis said:

Bravo to Yuzu despite the fall.  He won by a significant margin, much owed to his virtually flawless SP.  Now to a couple questions I have.  I don't know how often I've seen this Japanese woman bustling around in the background but I know she's not associated with TCC.  She was the person who was sitting next to him when awaiting SP score at Sochi.  Just who is the lady?  Secondly, I noticed another Japanese woman standing in the background as Yuzu left the ice both after the SP and the FS.  After the FS she was holding a Pooh plushy and some other paraphernalia.  Again, who is she?  Mama Hanyu is the best guess I can make since I have a feeling she might travel with TCC on any number of occasions.  If not her I can't figure out who.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these two questions.

She is Yoshiko Kobayashi, was a JSF representative but she's now the director I think. https://www.japantimes.co.jp/sports/2017/02/28/figure-skating/miyahara-set-return-ice-preparation-world-championships/#.W_EgYKep1QI . She hanged around with Yuzu and Brian and Ghislain to analyse the scores after the SP too

Mama Hanyu is that photo as you've seen, she's called Yumi (由美). A quick search on Youtube would give you this documentary too, this is the only show she ever showed up in iirc. She does travel with him to competitions and attends them, fans reported that he babbled nonstop on the plane for hours to his mum who probably just nodded lol. He also said that whenever he thought of giving up, it's his mum who said stern words to him to push him out of negative thoughts.

The Hanyu family is very private and does not want to show themselves publicly, mama Hanyu actually hid herself whenever journalists crowd around Yuzu at the airport lol. They just thought that whatever Yuzu did was the result of his own hard work, and didn't want to take the limelight whatsoever. But they certainly brought him up well, being so disciplined, grateful and having a healthy mindset towards rivalry/sports/pressure etc., that's my opinion. You can read more about his family here https://yuzusorbet.tumblr.com/post/110078456747/the-family-that-nurtured-yuzuru-the-genius 

From Aoi Hono (I or II idk) Yuzu mentioned that once he thought he was pretty good for being able to podium while skating with a sprained ankle, but his mum said something like "don't you dare to think it's all your credit, if not for all the medics and coaches helping you, you wouldn't be able to do what you did today." Yuzu realised how he took other's help for granted, and has been grateful to everyone ever since. You can buy Aoi Hono from Amazon and request translations from nonchan or tadaki. 

How to order Aoi Hono from AmazonJP https://the-absolute-king.tumblr.com/post/172891046794/yuzurus-books-preview-translations-how-to 

Translation request for Aoi Hono http://yuzuru-hanyu-translations.weebly.com/aoi-honoo.html 

Translation request for Aoi Hono II http://tsukihoshi14.tumblr.com/post/171947689783/aoi-hono-ii-english-translations 

Also if anyone's curious, this is Papa Hanyu, he's called Hidetoshi 秀利. He was accepting a donation from Sendai? that crowdfunded to support Yuzu skating. He's a math teacher / primary school principal, and is a pretty strict one I heard haha. This is pretty much the only existing image of him online lol, from GS. So don't believe any other speculative photos of him. Many claimed that the photo of Yuzu with Sochiro Tsuzuki, his novice coach, was his father lol. https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?64264-Yuzuru-Hanyu-2013-14-Season&p=941981&viewfull=1#post941981 

lpPxJkh.jpg 

His sister is called Saya, born 1990, and works at the Ice Rink Sendai now I think. People speculated that one of the girls who appeared in Pandalion's support music video for Yuzu is her, but lol. 

All 4 of them have different blood types, so either of his parents must be AB and O, and since Yuzu is B, his sister will be A. 

First of, I just want to thank you all here. You guys are really amazing! I’m not really new but stayed away from posting. I’m putting this in spoiler due to long post

Spoiler

It’s not my first post but I’ve been lurking for a while now ever since I found about Yuzu from Reddit during PC. I had no intention on posting again and contended to lurk forever. This Planet was my distraction about everything especially with my stressful job. However, I was watching the OP yesterday and saw the fall live during the LQ stream. I have felt something was wrong even before his music began playing. He was falling on an usual way and feeling dissatisfied all throughout. My heart sank. I knew it was a bad fall. No matter how hard I tried to read reassurance from others here it just doest fit. Just seeing how his head bouncing while running to the bus to go back to his hotel, I can already tell he was limping but playing it cool around the media and others. 

For more than 6hrs yesterday I was trying to get myself busy but couldn’t help but check on the news about his condition every 10mins or so. Then the FP started. Seeing the 4S as the first jump means that his anke was in a bad condition. I was watching but hoping it would end soon knowing how much pain he was in and how much damage he is causing more to his ankle. As greedy it is for me to want him to win all Gold medals this entire season for the first time in his senior career I still want to see him skate on ice shows when he is no longer competing which means he needs to take care of his landing ankle more. 

For all the people who bought GPF and flight tickets please do not complain here or social media. Yuzu already knows he caused everyone a lot of dissapointment (and hard earned money) to just to his fans and media outlet by not appearing at last years competitions due to his injury.  Heck, I was even ready to buy the most expensive tickets to Worlds  even if the chances of me cancelling to due work obligation is 30% just to see him compete live. But right now I also wish he would WD from worlds and give more recovery time to his busted ankle. So let’s not give more reasons to add on his undue stress and  just stay positive for him to help on his speedy recovery. 

Thank you, @Salior  I have been wondering all this time what Papa Hanyu looks like. As much as I respect their privacy, I still want to see and recognize the faces of the people who brought up our favorite boi. They are really one of a kind. Even his relatives tries to avoid the media and give little to no interview and give all the credit to Yuzu. Thanking them for giving us Yuzu is not enough. 

16 時間前, micaelisさんが言いました:

Bravo to Yuzu despite the fall.  He won by a significant margin, much owed to his virtually flawless SP.  Now to a couple questions I have.  I don't know how often I've seen this Japanese woman bustling around in the background but I know she's not associated with TCC.  She was the person who was sitting next to him when awaiting SP score at Sochi.  Just who is the lady?  Secondly, I noticed another Japanese woman standing in the background as Yuzu left the ice both after the SP and the FS.  After the FS she was holding a Pooh plushy and some other paraphernalia.  Again, who is she?  Mama Hanyu is the best guess I can make since I have a feeling she might travel with TCC on any number of occasions.  If not her I can't figure out who.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these two questions.

A lady who was holding a Pooh plushy after the FS may be  Ritsuko HORIUCHI (堀内律子), Director of JSA, but sorry I'm not totally sure.

List of Directors of JSA (it seems only five of them are women judging from their names.  And excepting 橋本聖子 (Seiko HASHIMOTO), 荒川静香 (Shizuka ARAKAWA), and 小林芳子 (Yoshiko KOBAYASHI), there are two unknown left, 堀内律子 (Ritsuko HORIUCHI) and 宇垣静子 (Shizuko UGAKI).  

https://skatingjapan.or.jp/jsf/

This is an only picture of 2013 that I found by searching with the name 堀内律子.  I couldn't find any of 宇垣静子.

https://www.joc.or.jp/games/univ/2013_winter/japan/pdf/figure.pdf#search='堀内律子+JSA'

(Figure skating section, second person from the top of the left column)

Do you think it the same person considering her age?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4sdNNb42II&t=420s

Hope my deduction is correct :68556365:

2 hours ago, Salior said:

From Aoi Hono (I or II idk) Yuzu mentioned that once he thought he was pretty good for being able to podium while skating with a sprained ankle, but his mum said "don't you dare to think it's all your credit, if not for all the medics and coaches helping you, you wouldn't be able to do what you did today." Yuzu realised how he took other's help for granted, and has been grateful to everyone ever since.

Lol, if anyone had any doubts on where does Yuzuru's steel-like self criticism comes from... of course, if he thinks about all the people who sponsor him and give him money, all the people who work for him, directly and indirectly, the people close to him that worry for him... that kind of responsability is hard to carry. 
(don't take this the wrong way - I'm not judging Yumi at all but reading something like that, it does sound pretty harsh - but then again, Japanese culture is particular exactly for things like these, very different from my own culture. So I'm not gonna comment any further)