General Yuzuru Chat

Bravo to Yuzu despite the fall.  He won by a significant margin, much owed to his virtually flawless SP.  Now to a couple questions I have.  I don't know how often I've seen this Japanese woman bustling around in the background but I know she's not associated with TCC.  She was the person who was sitting next to him when awaiting SP score at Sochi.  Just who is the lady?  Secondly, I noticed another Japanese woman standing in the background as Yuzu left the ice both after the SP and the FS.  After the FS she was holding a Pooh plushy and some other paraphernalia.  Again, who is she?  Mama Hanyu is the best guess I can make since I have a feeling she might travel with TCC on any number of occasions.  If not her I can't figure out who.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these two questions.

3 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Bravo to Yuzu despite the fall.  He won by a significant margin, much owed to his virtually flawless SP.  Now to a couple questions I have.  I don't know how often I've seen this Japanese woman bustling around in the background but I know she's not associated with TCC.  She was the person who was sitting next to him when awaiting SP score at Sochi.  Just who is the lady?  Secondly, I noticed another Japanese woman standing in the background as Yuzu left the ice both after the SP and the FS.  After the FS she was holding a Pooh plushy and some other paraphernalia.  Again, who is she?  Mama Hanyu is the best guess I can make since I have a feeling she might travel with TCC on any number of occasions.  If not her I can't figure out who.  Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer these two questions.

representatives from JOC

14 minutes ago, liv said:

You would definitely recognize Mama Hanyu. He definitely looks a lot like his mother.

I've never seen a picture of her so I wouldn't know but thanks for the info.  Now I just have to keep my eyes peeled for a Yuzu clone female-style.

4 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I've never seen a picture of her so I wouldn't know but thanks for the info.  Now I just have to keep my eyes peeled for a Yuzu clone female-style.

Sometimes in videos of him arriving at the airport, or getting out of vehicles, you will see her and they look very similar apart from hair length, age (lol), and she's quite tall as well....

Hey guys,

First of all a huge hug to everyone. It's been a hard day for satellites. :14066882:

Secondly, not sure if this is any comfort, but we have reworked the two themes from last season's banner contest: Ballade No. 1 and Seimei. Just as a heads up, if you had any of those two themes as your default you may have to choose them again.

I know we are all in shock and grieving for how he has to suffer yet again, and how he must be feeling for at least the next few days (I cried watching the press conference) but can I enter a note of pride for him  for what he did this competition?  His combined score is still the third highest under the new system, beating out both of Shoma's so far and only 2-and-a-shade points under Nathan's Skate America one.  And his free skate, with everyything that should have made for a meltdown, is in the top 10.

Our boy is the greatest by a mile, not only because of the incredible heights he reaches when things are going well, but for what he can pull out from god knows what reserves when the skating gods lash out at him. It hurts that he has to, he doesn't deserve any of it, but my god, I am in awe of how he does when he has to.

8 hours ago, micaelis said:

The lady that was sitting next to him after the short program at Sochi is Kobayashi-san – I can't recall her first name. She is often the spokesperson in Japan for JSF matters.

I don't think that the other lady is Yuzuru's mother. Yuzuru's mother takes extreme measures to avoid the camera. She tends to walk behind Yuzuru even when arriving at the venue or the airport so that you see her coming out of the elevator in the background. If she is walking down a hallway quite a few steps behind Yuzuru and she notices a camera pointing in their direction, she will quickly duck out of the way. The only time I saw her directly on camera with Yuzuru was when she was making the costume designed by Johnny Weir when Yuzu was 15 and debuting as a senior. Johnny Weir visited them to look at the costume.

Yuzuru's paternal grandmother said the he gets his height and long legs and arms from his mother and I can see that. She is quite tall. I think that is a good thing that Yuzuru took after his mother. I've only seen the back of Yuzuru's father's head when he's driving. I think the only pictures we have of his sister Saya are when she was a child. The whole family is very private and modest.

Edit: The lady sitting next to Yuzuru after the short program at Sochi is Yoshiko Kobayashi. She is a director of the JSF.