General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

While I agree what we see is mostly because of judging, I don't think it's fair to blame it just on judging. Or even just on Shoma's team. It's entirely possible for the athlete himself - or herself - to seek to improve and become better, even if the judges give candy. Admittedly, not everyone is Yuzu, but imagine how incredible the sport would be if more skaters were like him, in wanting to improve for the sake of improving and for the sake of becoming the best version of themselves that they can be. Even if judges run out of points to give them as reward (though maybe then they'd realize how wrong it is to reward skaters too early and would prevent it from happening again; though that's probably a naive hope :P ).

THIS also!! I know that Shoma goes to US every summer for jump training, and his jumps (other than the floop) have been getting better -though I have to add that he still prerotates a lot too-. I just...don't understand why judges never called that floop.

I really appreciate it when skaters (like Zhenya, Satoko and Mao) tried their best to improve their technique. I also appreciate Shoma for going for jump training in US and it'll probably take a few years to really correct his floop, but...I don't know, I feel like his floop isn't getting any better up until now.

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

While I agree what we see is mostly because of judging, I don't think it's fair to blame it just on judging. Or even just on Shoma's team. It's entirely possible for the athlete himself - or herself - to seek to improve and become better, even if the judges give candy. Admittedly, not everyone is Yuzu, but imagine how incredible the sport would be if more skaters were like him, in wanting to improve for the sake of improving and for the sake of becoming the best version of themselves that they can be. Even if judges run out of points to give them as reward (though maybe then they'd realize how wrong it is to reward skaters too early and would prevent it from happening again; though that's probably a naive hope :P ).

Well that would be ideal!

But I can also see how athletes have such a limited shelf life, how certain kinds of improvement will take a lot of time and effort during which time their performances will dip and scores will go lower, and federations can be ruthless when you're not winning, and reputation judging is a thing, and... I mean, none of that is ideal and I wish it weren't so, but all of those things put together make me appreciate the skaters who do take that risk to grow a whole lot more. And blame those who don't do it a little bit less. 

In the long run, I'm glad Yuzu's lip was called often , and his noodliness was called out all over the place. I'm sure he would've worked on all that anyway but this way, his work was rewarded with actual points as he got better. And when he did get the advantage of reputation scoring after his breakthrough in senior, he worked hard to deserve it. There was never a big mismatch between what you saw and what he got, it should be like that for everybody.

1 hour ago, Msyloves said:

What I don't like about them is they are always using Yuzu as clickbait then just shade him in their broadcasts or "whatever". I really hated it when I was new to FS and didn't know them and had to listen to them because I didn't know better. I get it that not everybody loves Yuzu, but don't use him. And I agree wholeheartedly with @BWOZWaltz 

It's not just that Yuzu raised the bar so high, for him excellence is its on reward. Yuzu's ethics and principles won't let him coast on anything, not even his 2 OGM - that's why a lot of people thank him for pushing the sport higher and better. I get teary-eyed when commentators say thank you to him for not r***....., some like Kurt even say they are honored to watch him skate. 

Totes agree with this one. Their post-Olympic analysis is the funniest one for me. THE GUY WON 2X OGM WTF ARE U ON???? Hahahahahahahahaha you should see their IG and how they post about Yuzu. You know it's for the likes.

6 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I am sorry guys, I need a little bit of ranting.

Reveal hidden contents

So I've watched TSL recap  of NHK. I don't particularly like their opinions but it is at least interesting.

But I don't get why is everyone so amazed with Shoma. I mean, I like his skating and he is surely a good guy but come on! When people talk about elements and their quality, with Yuzu they are like "yeah, it is Yuzuru Hanyu", but with Shoma "this was amazing, he did this and that, and this movement was..." come on! Yuzu deserves your excitement too! I know he makes his elements look easy but they are NOT. 

I know Shoma has charisma and all that but he is covering his mistakes with this charisma and it is apparently working well for him. Everyone adores his covered elements.

I don't want to dislike Shoma, people. Please, don't do this.

They like Shoma a lot. LIKE A LOT. And that's okay as long as they stay in their lane, but we all know T*L doesn't work that way. 

4 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

They like Shoma a lot. LIKE A LOT. And that's okay as long as they stay in their lane, but we all know T*L doesn't work that way. 

I think I am done with their videos now. In the beginning, I actually thought I could learn some skating stuff from their recaps. Aaand that's clearly not happening.

17 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I think I am done with their videos now. In the beginning, I actually thought I could learn some skating stuff from their recaps. Aaand that's clearly not happening.

Spoiler

They’re huge Shoma fans and express their love for him whenever they can, which is totally understandable. Fans are like that. 

If you watched their videos from years ago you can see that they didn’t like Yuzu and always throw shade at him. They’ve said things that are totally not true and created drama that way. Sadly they use Yuzu to make money now. So actually in their recent videos, they tried to avoid saying disrespectful things about Yuzu.

2 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Hide contents

They’re huge Shoma fans and express their love for him whenever they can, which is totally understandable. Fans are like that. 

If you watched their videos from years ago you can see that they didn’t like Yuzu and always throw shade at him. They’ve said things that are totally  not true and created drama that way. Sadly they use Yuzu to make money.  

Sometimes evil me had a thought that they like Shoma just because he's Yuzu's rival.

Like...he's a fellow Japanese and also a top skater. So easy to compare him with Yuzu.

2 minutes ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Hide contents

If you watched their videos from years ago you can see that they didn’t like Yuzu and always throw shade at him. They’ve said things that are totally  not true and created drama that way. Sadly they use Yuzu to make money.  

lol

Pity thyself! Yuzu's achievements are for naught. Since alas! He doth not pointeth his toes pointily welle.

:rofl3:Seriously, lack of pointy toes is the most concrete Yuzu-related complaint I've heard from them and it feels like they've been going on about it since the beginning of time, so I say it in fake ye olde Englishe now. 

26 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I mean do they even have any skating experience to hold them in high regard when it comes to skating knowledge? Hahaha 

I tried watching their recap video once and I simply wasn't interested to watch them until the finish — they talk too much, even the timestamp didn't help, since they'd be yapping their gobs till they finally got to the point of the matter which happens in like, what.... 15 decades?? :v while I know they were notorious for not liking Yuzu I couldn't even bear them when they talked about other skaters (like say, when they talked about Karen Chen.... :facepalm:).

I have little patience for people who are needlessly, excessively talkative to put it nicely, especially when heaps of lies are added on it — such types of people land into my bad book right away. No amount of base expletives even rightly describe what their attitude and actions are like in the fandom....

Also, to finish this comment on a lighter note — do yourself a favor — block the skating liars if you happen to be in the same SNS you are with them (eg. twitter, instagram, what else?), if you are browsing youtube on the mobile app whenever you see their video pops up in your recommendation tab, tap the option, pick "do not recommend this video", but don't stop at that. You can give feedback and pick "stop recommending this video from (channel name)" in the feedback options. I did that, and it made my browsing experience better ever since.

12 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

I tried watching their recap video once and I simply wasn't interested to watch them until the finish — they talk too much, even the timestamp didn't help, since they'd be yapping their gobs till they finally got to the point of the matter which happens in like, what.... 15 decades?? :v while I know they were notorious for not liking Yuzu I couldn't even bear them when they talked about other skaters (like say, when they talked about Karen Chen.... :facepalm:).

I have little patience for people who are needlessly, excessively talkative to put it nicely, especially when heaps of lies are added on it — such types of people land into my bad book right away. No amount of base expletives even rightly describe what their attitude and actions are like in the fandom....

Also, to finish this comment on a lighter note — do yourself a favor — block the skating liars if you happen to be in the same SNS you are with them (eg. twitter, instagram, what else?), if you are browsing youtube on the mobile app whenever you see their video pops up in your recommendation tab, tap the option, pick "do not recommend this video", but don't stop at that. You can give feedback and pick "stop recommending this video from (channel name)" in the feedback options. I did that, and it made my browsing experience better ever since.

I've watched them since PC because their recaps were an easy and only resource about news in FS I had at that time. I got used to it. But since finding Planet I have much better source of info.

So now I am going to officially run away from those people, never to return. 

Honestly, they don't even care enough to make a proper video with nice sound and everything. I mean, how hard could it be? 13 year old kids are doing that just fine.

And about SNS, I don't have any, so I can black them on YT and it will be enough. 

7 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I am sorry guys, I need a little bit of ranting.

Reveal hidden contents

So I've watched TSL recap  of NHK. I don't particularly like their opinions but it is at least interesting.

But I don't get why is everyone so amazed with Shoma. I mean, I like his skating and he is surely a good guy but come on! When people talk about elements and their quality, with Yuzu they are like "yeah, it is Yuzuru Hanyu", but with Shoma "this was amazing, he did this and that, and this movement was..." come on! Yuzu deserves your excitement too! I know he makes his elements look easy but they are NOT. 

I know Shoma has charisma and all that but he is covering his mistakes with this charisma and it is apparently working well for him. Everyone adores his covered elements.

I don't want to dislike Shoma, people. Please, don't do this.

I was pretty upset about what they said about Boyang after Helsinki. 

These days they seem to have nicer comments for Yuzu compared to a few years ago. 

53 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

Sometimes evil me had a thought that they like Shoma just because he's Yuzu's rival.

Like...he's a fellow Japanese and also a top skater. So easy to compare him with Yuzu.

That's not evil, that's quite plausible. There seem to be some Daisuke fans who disliked Yuzu who switched to Shoma because he had a chance to knock Yuzu down a peg, and even more glaringly, Patrick Chan fans who disliked Yuzu and who switched to, wait for this, Nathan Chen. At least Shoma's skating bears a bit of resemblence to Daisuke's, but Nathan Chen's skating is an antithesis of Patrick's, so the only reason for them to vehemently support Nathan that I can imagine is the fact that he had a chance to knock Yuzu down.

10 minutes ago, jinxxoo said:

I was pretty upset about what they said about Boyang after Helsinki. 

These days they seem to have nicer comments for Yuzu compared to a few years ago. 

The cynical me is convinced they do it just for clicks. Or maybe the fact that Yuzu keeps winning and is almost  universally loved no matter how they criticise him would make them sound like fools if they kept it on.

But frankly, I stopped trying to listen to Tsl back when the female blond skater was still doing it, partly because of the stupid shit and innuendo they'd be saying about everybody, but mostly because of the verbal diahrea.