General Yuzuru Chat

14 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I wonder if people won't let him know? He's such a talented person and draws so many skaters, and is kind to all of them, and I'd hate for his work to not sell as well as expected because of this and he doesn't know why. 

It's very unlikely that the guys at T*L don't know better than to use an athlete's image without permission. Either it's not an issue or they don't care. Whether they told Aljona's husband is another issue. 

3 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

It's very unlikely that the guys at T*L don't know better than to use an athlete's image without permission. Either it's not an issue or they don't care. Whether they told Aljona's husband is another issue. 

Spoiler

I could be wrong but according to US law, the likeness of a celebrity when sold commercially is copyrighted. 

1 hour ago, hopeandlegacy2018 said:

Hide contents

I could be wrong but according to US law, the likeness of a celebrity when sold commercially is copyrighted. 

It's a good thing he's addressing this because apparently, he also sells his artworks aside from the collab with T*L (mugs, cases, shirts). Now, T*L, what's up? You gonna address this or not?

41 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

It's a good thing he's addressing this because apparently, he also sells his artworks aside from the collab with T*L (mugs, cases, shirts). Now, T*L, what's up? You gonna address this or not?

Copyright is a complicated thing, and he's an artist by trade, I'd wager he'd know the rules better than we do.  He may have gotten Yuzu's okay for all we know, it's not really our place to say.

After all, he's unlikely to get even a fraction as much as much as that artist - was it last year?  I don't know if it was ever stated that Yuzu gave permission for that either, but I assume he did.

Was searching Yuzu pics on Pinterest. When I clicked on a pic of Yuzu dancing in Haru yo koi costume, the screen was populated with a bunch of fashion models in dresses.  Then I clicked on another Haru yo Koi costume pic, and it's a bunch of women in wedding dresses.  Click on a third pic of Haru yo koi, and it's a bunch of k/j-pop idols.  I'm curious how Pinterest decides what else you might be interested in - it seemed to think that he was a woman in a dress.

eta: lol. This one got me a bunch of wedding cakes.  This is becoming a new obsession for me .

eta 2: another got me historical women/american pop stars/marilyn manson, a couple more j/k pop stars (2 men, 1 women), rihanna and some other women with short hair styles.  I've seen the J/K-pop stars before when I click on Yuzu pics, but all these other things seems to be a phenomenon specific to haru yo koi

25e65e5a07f2ad5a5e9d72a65857682a.jpg

Also, anyone else not realize that the site banner is a link to the home page?  After being on here since March, I just figured it out last week and that was only because I liked the banner so much that I was trying to figure out how to save it.  The new auto avatar is so beautiful as well.

I am sorry guys, I need a little bit of ranting.

Spoiler

So I've watched TSL recap  of NHK. I don't particularly like their opinions but it is at least interesting.

But I don't get why is everyone so amazed with Shoma. I mean, I like his skating and he is surely a good guy but come on! When people talk about elements and their quality, with Yuzu they are like "yeah, it is Yuzuru Hanyu", but with Shoma "this was amazing, he did this and that, and this movement was..." come on! Yuzu deserves your excitement too! I know he makes his elements look easy but they are NOT. 

I know Shoma has charisma and all that but he is covering his mistakes with this charisma and it is apparently working well for him. Everyone adores his covered elements.

I don't want to dislike Shoma, people. Please, don't do this.

14 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

I am sorry guys, I need a little bit of ranting.

Reveal hidden contents

welp I don't understand it either, but i guess everyone is entitled to what they like. The commentator Chris (on BESP) LOVES Shoma, so much so that it's clearly not just because Shoma trains at his rink ... and what I did realize when watching NHK was that Shoma had some really smooth crossovers. Of course there were a lot of them but tbh Boyang and Nathan could really learn from him there haha :P