General Yuzuru Chat

Okay I've got a quick question here.

We all know Aljona's husband is doing some FS artworks. Now, I saw T*L doing some collab with him where said artworks are put on mugs, shirts, and iphone cases. The subjects were Yuzu, Alina, and Tessa&Scott. Is this even allowed?

Maybe I'm speaking from the point of view that after all the shit t*l said about these people, now they're making money off them esp Yuzu!!! 

1 hour ago, MeowZu said:

We all know Aljona's husband is doing some FS artworks. Now, I saw T*L doing some collab with him where said artworks are put on mugs, shirts, and iphone cases. The subjects were Yuzu, Alina, and Tessa&Scott. Is this even allowed?

Maybe I'm speaking from the point of view that after all the shit t*l said about these people, now they're making money off them esp Yuzu!!! 

I believe anybody can draw people including the celebrities without needing to have a permission to do so. If the artwork is based on a copy right material (photos or other artwork), it will require the copyright owner's permission to make that into artwork. But if it's used as a merchandising, it may require permission of some sort but I don't really know. If the artwork is a private one with no commercial value, I don't think people will seek permission (they just use it anyway). Besides all legal stuff, it makes me LOL to think T*L wants to make money using the people whom they clearly don't know how to appreciate. Many of Japanese fanyus may not realise what T*L said about Yuzu before and could fall into a trap of "Yuzu goods" and just buy them anyway. I've seen on YT before that some Japanese fanyu's created a video appreciating Philip Hersh's words about Yuzu thinking he's praised Yuzu...:13877886:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I believe anybody can draw people including the celebrities without needing to have a permission to do so. If the artwork is based on a copy right material (photos or other artwork), it will require the copyright owner's permission to make that into artwork. But if it's used as a merchandising, it may require permission of some sort but I don't really know. If the artwork is a private one with no commercial value, I don't think people will seek permission (they just use it anyway). Besides all legal stuff, it makes me LOL to think T*L wants to make money using the people whom they clearly don't know how to appreciate. Many of Japanese fanyus may not realise what T*L said about Yuzu before and could fall into a trap of "Yuzu goods" and just buy them anyway. I've seen on YT before that some Japanese fanyu's created a video appreciating Philip Hersh's words about Yuzu thinking he's praised Yuzu...:13877886:

It's a collab so they definitely got the guy's permission to use his artworks. Maybe I'm just salty because t*l says so much sht about these people, but now they use them because they're sure it will sell out. I mean even the perfection that is V/M didn't escape their nitpicking. It's even funnier now how they try so much to get into Liza's good graces by posting praises about her, but the empress is not impressed after that sht of an interview they did with d*ug.

2 hours ago, MeowZu said:

Eww. That's just wrong, given how nasty they are to the skaters. 

2 hours ago, MeowZu said:

Part of me wonders if all of the athletes involved are aware of this. And yeah, this is the very definition of irony, considering how b****y T*L are about almost everybody. Frankly I'm tired of the 'being b****y is so hip' thing, would love to see it end.

3 hours ago, MeowZu said:

Drawing/painting Yuzu for your own enjoyment or training won't violate his rights I think, but using the artwork to make money in any way without his permission would violate his right of publicity.
Actually, there have been a lot a talk about this publicity rights among Japanese fans since PyeongChang as many Yuzu-related goods have been sold, and many fans probably know that TSL hasn't been so friendly toward Yuzu because their words have been used as a tool by antis, so I don't think it will sell well.
Too bad if Aljona's husband doesn't know the situation :(

3 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

Drawing/painting Yuzu for your own enjoyment or training won't violate his rights I think, but using the artwork to make money in any way without his permission would violate his right of publicity.
Actually, there have been a lot a talk about this publicity rights among Japanese fans since PyeongChang as many Yuzu-related goods have been sold, and many fans probably know that TSL hasn't been so friendly toward Yuzu because their words have been used as a tool by antis, so I don't think it will sell well.
Too bad if Aljona's husband doesn't know the situation :(

I wonder if people won't let him know? He's such a talented person and draws so many skaters, and is kind to all of them, and I'd hate for his work to not sell as well as expected because of this and he doesn't know why. 

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

I wonder if people won't let him know? He's such a talented person and draws so many skaters, and is kind to all of them, and I'd hate for his work to not sell as well as expected because of this and he doesn't know why. 

I sure he knows about publicity right ... Aljona is friends with Yuzu and with Alina, and surely she knows Tessa and Scott too ... maybe she talked to them and accorded something ... I can't believe her husband uses such famous athletes's image without their permission ... but these are just assumptions ... idk

9 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Hide contents

*searches her name on google*

Hmmmm her costumes look quite okay to me?

*Stumbles upon the mummy costume*

.....oh.........

:surprised:

(And I remember her skating in that. I feel quite "unblessed":13877886:)