General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

....really? Oops I didn't know that :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

...if not that, then Caruso... I guess? Please don't tell me that Plushy also has skated to that as well :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

lol nvm anyway 😅😅

Haha sorry to crash your dream and I'm sure Yuzu had already skated to the Godfather's theme while playing around when he's a baby mushroom :D And wouldn't it be nice if his future ice shows include those programs/music that had inspired him? Or even better, if he could take fans' request of music to make a program at some point...:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Or even better, if he could take fans' request of music to make a program at some point...:tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

Next season Yuzu will get Brian to take a vote using one of his SNS so the fans can choose which music he will skate to. Obv w the number of fans there’ll be too many opinions so he has to skate to a different program each competition :shrug:

2 minutes ago, Tee said:

Next season Yuzu will get Brian to take a vote using one of his SNS so the fans can choose which music he will skate to. Obv w the number of fans there’ll be too many opinions so he has to skate to a different program each competition :shrug:

Maybe Yuzu & co come up with several choices of music and fan get to vote for their fav then use the number 1 choice as an EX.

We are allowed to dream...:dancingpooh::tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw:

2 hours ago, Terrapin said:

Thank you for this French version: I don't hear them very often. To sum up for those who don't understand French: the girl and they guy both agree that this programme was very well skated and are both very complimentary of his salchow. The guy emphasizes the fact that the transitions are complex, especially the entry into the triple axel. However, he doesn't like the costume: he thinks it is too similar to the one Johnny Weir wore and thinks Yuzuru should try and find his own style. The girl told him it was probably a tribute to Weir but he wasn't satisfied anyway. Then he said that the step sequence was a bit lacking and that it should be more complex. I found he was a tad harsh and was very French about it ^^(we like complaining ;))

If they were talking about only Otonal and not about their styles in general, idk...I don't see many similarities between Yuzu's and Johnny's Otonal costumes :shrug: Both are blue, that's it...

Spoiler

06011329.jpg

photo_johnny_weir-713475.jpg

11 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

If they were talking about only Otonal and not about their styles in general, idk...I don't see many similarities between Yuzu's and Johnny's Otonal costumes :shrug: Both are blue, that's it...

Hide contents

06011329.jpg

photo_johnny_weir-713475.jpg

I think its because etude is already somewhat similar and you can see Yuzu did the arms movements in his pancake spin. so Otonal costume cannot be too similar since that would just be a repeat of Etude costume 

2 hours ago, Terrapin said:

I think people are becoming more critical now that he is a two-time OGM, but yeah, Yuzu always made it clear that one of his major inspirations was Johnny Weir. He really likes the androgynous beauty and sparkles and has always worn these kinds of apparels. But Yuzuru has definitely made this style his own (the biellman, the inna bauer, the more introspective aspects of his performances etc belong to him, as well as being tributes to other persons who inspire him). Plus, I've always found it funny that his other hero should be Plushenko whose style is so different from Weir's. There is a quiet kind of power in Yuzuru' skating which could be more linked to Plushenko's style. And anyway, these two programmes this year are explicitely dedicated to these two skaters, so of course there 's bound to be some similarities with them. 

Well said.

5 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Tbh, I just laugh. 

It is just total nonsense so it makes me giggle. 

As I said, French people like to complain a lot ^^ and are sometimes a bit too conformist in their view (I remember that one time where I caught up Yuzu on TV during the gala where he was performing Notte Stellata: I was actually quite surprised at the female commentator who was shocked at Yuzu's costume - probably because it was a bit too 'feminine' by her standards). So I think here the problem might be that Yuzu's style of clothing might be a bit too 'flamboyant' ? i.e, a bit too 'Weiresque' ^^. Of course I don't want to create stereotypes, but I must say, for having lived in other countries than my own, there is a lack in freedom in French people's style of clothing that you don't find in other countries. That's how I somehow perceived this remark. However, I think in any case Alban Préaubert (the commentator) didn't necessarily understand the extent to which this programme was a real tribute here, and not simply Yuzu drawing a lot from Johnny because of a lack of inspiration, or worse,  personality, as he seemed to imply. 

8 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

As I said, French people like to complain a lot ^^ and are sometimes a bit too conformist in their view (I remember that one time where I caught up Yuzu on TV during the gala where he was performing Notte Stellata: I was actually quite surprised at the female commentator who was shocked at Yuzu's costume - probably because it was a bit too 'feminine' by her standards). So I think here the problem might be that Yuzu's style of clothing might be a bit too 'flamboyant' ? i.e, a bit too 'Weiresque' ^^. Of course I don't want to create stereotypes, but I must say, for having lived in other countries than my own, there is a lack in freedom in French people's style of clothing that you don't find in other countries. That's how I somehow perceived this remark. However, I think in any case Alban Préaubert (the commentator) didn't necessarily understand the extent to which this programme was a real tribute here, and not simply Yuzu drawing a lot from Johnny because of a lack of inspiration, or worse,  personality, as he seemed to imply. 

the thing is that this 'female commentator' is Nathalie Péchalat and seriously when you know her costume history when she was competing....I will just say that she almost has not right to criticise Yuzuru's costumes lol :idk:

2 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

the thing is that this 'female commentator' is Nathalie Péchalat and seriously when you know her costume history when she was competing....I will just say that she almost has not right to criticise Yuzuru's costumes lol :idk:

I wasn't too sure of who the commentator was, but yeah, I agree with you on this one ^^

3 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

I wasn't too sure of who the commentator was, but yeah, I agree with you on this one ^^

I don't even remember her saying ; even one time ; something positive about his costume , she's the kind who prefers blank , simple 'H&M style' costume so Yuzuru's style is not really (and it's an euphemism) her cup of tea :9: 

51 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

I thought the first comment was OK tbh because he obviously thought that Yuzu was being sneaky about it, but then when she answered that it was probably an open tribute to Weir and he said "well I expect a skater of his age to come up with his own ideas" I had to laugh. Like Yuzuru doesn't have his own distinct costume/aesthetics style already and is merely copying others:10640793:

It's OK to just admit you didn't do your homework before the competition rather than spouting nonsense 

4 minutes ago, Veveco said:

I thought the first comment was OK tbh because he obviously thought that Yuzu was being sneaky about it, but then when she answered that it was probably an open tribute to Weir and he said "well I expect a skater of his age to come up with his own ideas" I had to laugh. Like Yuzuru doesn't have his own distinct costume/aesthetics style already and is merely copying others:10640793:

It's OK to just admit you didn't do your homework before the competition rather than spouting nonsense 

Yes, that's the one comment that rubbed me the wrong way. But I think he just doesn't 'get' Yuzu, (and didn't do his homework properly of course ^^)