General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Especially Ghislain Briand. He looks like Don Brian Orser's smiling, but always dangerous, caporegime.

And Yuzu is the young Michael Corleone character who is hiding out in Toronto under the protection of Don Brian and the TCC from all the media and fan madness in Japan.

(Sorry for quoting myself. LOL. I just thought of this looking at the picture again.)

3 hours ago, Geo1 said:

And Yuzu is the young Michael Corleone character who is hiding out in Toronto under the protection of Don Brian and the TCC from all the media and fan madness in Japan.

(Sorry for quoting myself. LOL. I just thought of this looking at the picture again.)

Speaking of TCC Mafia, I'd like to see Yuzu skate to Parla Piu Piano (aka. the Godfather theme) for his skate. Imagine the possibilities :smiley-cool14:

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Otonal with French commentary!

Remember other commentaries have links here!

Thank you for this French version: I don't hear them very often. To sum up for those who don't understand French: the girl and the guy both agree that this programme was very well skated and are both very complimentary of his salchow. The guy emphasizes the fact that the transitions are complex, especially the entry into the triple axel. However, he doesn't like the costume: he thinks it is too similar to the one Johnny Weir wore and thinks Yuzuru should try and find his own style. The girl told him it was probably a tribute to Weir but he wasn't satisfied anyway. Then he said that the step sequence was a bit lacking and that it should be more complex. I found he was a tad harsh and was very French about it ^^(we like complaining ;))

13 minutes ago, Terrapin said:

Thank you for this French version: I don't hear them very often. To sum up for those who don't understand French: the girl and they guy both agree that this programme was very well skated and are both very complimentary of his salchow. The guy emphasizes the fact that the transitions are complex, especially the entry into the triple axel. However, he doesn't like the costume: he thinks it is too similar to the one Johnny Weir wore and thinks Yuzuru should try and find his own style. The girl told him it was probably a tribute to Weir but he wasn't satisfied anyway. Then he said that the step sequence was a bit lacking and that it should be more complex. I found he was a tad harsh and was very French about it ^^(we like complaining ;))

I see a lot of comments about his style. Saying is copying weir and should find his style. Isn’t this Yuzu style though? All the wispy fabric and sparkles and flair ? 

36 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I see a lot of comments about his style. Saying is copying weir and should find his style. Isn’t this Yuzu style though? All the wispy fabric and sparkles and flair ? 

I think people are becoming more critical now that he is a two-time OGM, but yeah, Yuzu always made it clear that one of his major inspirations was Johnny Weir. He really likes the androgynous beauty and sparkles and has always worn these kinds of apparels. But Yuzuru has definitely made this style his own (the biellman, the inna bauer, the more introspective aspects of his performances etc belong to him, as well as being tributes to other persons who inspire him). Plus, I've always found it funny that his other hero should be Plushenko whose style is so different from Weir's. There is a quiet kind of power in Yuzuru' skating which could be more linked to Plushenko's style. And anyway, these two programmes this year are explicitely dedicated to these two skaters, so of course there 's bound to be some similarities with them. 

2 hours ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Speaking of TCC Mafia, I'd like to see Yuzu skate to Parla Piu Piano (aka. the Godfather theme) for his skate. Imagine the possibilities :smiley-cool14:

Umm but Plushy had skated to that music so even Yuzu may start to feel that's too much of showing off of his love for his idol?

4 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Umm but Plushy had skated to that music so even Yuzu may start to feel that's too much of showing off of his love for his idol?

....really? Oops I didn't know that :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

...if not that, then Caruso... I guess? Please don't tell me that Plushy also has skated to that as well :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

lol nvm anyway 😅😅