General Yuzuru Chat

Amidst all this talk of world records we should keep one thing in mind.  We're starting a new scoring system this season which means the world record book is a volume with blank pages.  In short, every time a skater makes a seasonal high for all competitions he (or she) sets a record.  Many of Plushies 13 records came when the old scoring system was new.  Since he was the dominant skater then he just racked them up.  In looking at Yuzu's records from the old system I think one important point should be made.  Yuzu set 12 records there and except for Patrick Chan breaking one of Yuzu's records way back in 2013 (Yuzu broke Patrick's record two weeks later) nobody broke a record Yuzu set.  Eight of his twelve records were made when he was breaking his own earlier record.  Other skaters managed to surpass record scores Yuzu set but by the time they did Yuzu had already set a new one.  All the others were simply trying to keep up with Yuzu's level of scoring.  With the new record book now activated the thing we should do is see how many of Yuzu's current records are reset by him or by others.  Going by the history of the last set of records I think they're all going to be playing catch-up by the end of this season and by Beijing Yuzu will have an iron grip on the record book.

1 hour ago, ruruzest said:

boy 

am I glad that bag didn’t land on His Majesty’s head or tripped him!

I hope the incident brought a good laugh for Yuzu though!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I can't with this 😂😂😂 I wish we could see the lady's face!!! And her purse was full of coins it seems 😂😂😂 

2 hours ago, ICeleste said:

One year ago today, I remember waking up and seeing the worst news... The Olympics were just a few months away and you were willing to give it all. You'd spent the off-season training for one of the hardest challenges: lady Lutz. You'd landed it for the first time at CoR- you'd fought so hard to stand on your feet on that first try, and your bright smile in the K&C after doing it was just priceless... But with every challenge comes a risk, and you never imagined that that double-edge sword would be potentially career-ending.
That day -Nov. 9th-, I woke up with such a good mood, because I knew NHK was soon and I couldn't wait to watch you compete again. You woke up with a fever but your stubborn, dedicated self insisted on the 4Lz...  Moments after, the video of the fall and the news that you'd been crying as you had to withdraw from NHK were everywhere. That was the beginning of a seemingly eternal and dark couple of months. I'd held on to the hopes of seeing you again in December, but time went by and I still hadn't heard from you. I realized then how serious the situation was.
Then came 2018 and my hopes of seeing the OGM around your neck were faltering... Until days before the Games, Brian assured us we had nothing to worry about since your ankle would be ready in time. My illussion led me to trust his words blindly. In February, you landed in South Korea with an unprecedented aura of calmness and confidence: no matter the result, you were glad to come back to what you're most passionate about. And the ice, as well, was so happy to have you back that it welcomed you like a king, allowing you to deliver a glorious, WR-worthy SP. For a few minutes, you entirely made us forget you weren't in your best condition. The next day, Seimei shined like a fighter and made you a double Olympic champion, displaying the epitome of perseverance and resilience.
Looking back today, I can't help but feel incredibly ecstatic as I watch you triumph in this new season and, more importantly, although I may sound like a broken record, I'm thankful to be able to keep enjoying your sublime skating.

Thank you, Yuzuru, for keep on giving me joy:snpeace:

:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

That was so beautiful! 

Sometimes I feel so caught up by the giddiness and excitement of seeing him compete that I forget how dark things looked just a year ago... 

I'm so grateful. Thank you thank you thank you... 

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Amidst all this talk of world records we should keep one thing in mind.  We're starting a new scoring system this season which means the world record book is a volume with blank pages.  In short, every time a skater makes a seasonal high for all competitions he (or she) sets a record.  Many of Plushies 13 records came when the old scoring system was new.  Since he was the dominant skater then he just racked them up.  In looking at Yuzu's records from the old system I think one important point should be made.  Yuzu set 12 records there and except for Patrick Chan breaking one of Yuzu's records way back in 2013 nobody broke a record Yuzu set.  Eight of his twelve records were made when he was breaking his own earlier record.  Other skaters managed to surpass record scores Yuzu set but by the time they did Yuzu had already set a new one.  All the others were simply trying to keep up with Yuzu's level of scoring.  With the new record book now activated the thing we should do is see how many of Yuzu's current records are reset by him or by others.  Going by the history of the last set of records I think they're all going to be playing catch-up by the end of this season and by Beijing Yuzu will have an iron grip on the record book.

THIS. I'd like to upvote you a thousand times please!!!!!

Actually, it's more like Yuzu set the records so ISU and the judges keep on trying to level the men's field but couldn't quite catch up to Yuzu's leveling up. :smiley-taunt014: There's a reason Yuzu broke the barriers and then only after that *shock* all of a sudden the other men were just as good too and caught up to his old score.

5 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

THIS. I'd like to upvote you a thousand times please!!!!!

Actually, it's more like Yuzu set the records so ISU and the judges keep on trying to level the men's field but couldn't quite catch up to Yuzu's leveling up. :smiley-taunt014: There's a reason Yuzu broke the barriers and then only after that *shock* all of a sudden the other men were just as good too and caught up to his old score.

thats why I feel like when Yuzu broke records again say at 340 we'll be seeing other men getting over 320-330 barriers but lbr will those programs ever be Seimei level?

7 hours ago, ICeleste said:

One year ago today, I remember waking up and seeing the worst news... The Olympics were just a few months away and you were willing to give it all. You'd spent the off-season training for one of the hardest challenges: lady Lutz. You'd landed it for the first time at CoR- you'd fought so hard to stand on your feet on that first try, and your bright smile in the K&C after doing it was just priceless... But with every challenge comes a risk, and you never imagined that that double-edge sword would be potentially career-ending.
That day -Nov. 9th-, I woke up with such a good mood, because I knew NHK was soon and I couldn't wait to watch you compete again. You woke up with a fever but your stubborn, dedicated self insisted on the 4Lz...  Moments after, the video of the fall and the news that you'd been crying as you had to withdraw from NHK were everywhere. That was the beginning of a seemingly eternal and dark couple of months. I'd held on to the hopes of seeing you again in December, but time went by and I still hadn't heard from you. I realized then how serious the situation was.
Then came 2018 and my hopes of seeing the OGM around your neck were faltering... Until days before the Games, Brian assured us we had nothing to worry about since your ankle would be ready in time. My illussion led me to trust his words blindly. In February, you landed in South Korea with an unprecedented aura of calmness and confidence: no matter the result, you were glad to come back to what you're most passionate about. And the ice, as well, was so happy to have you back that it welcomed you like a king, allowing you to deliver a glorious, WR-worthy SP. For a few minutes, you entirely made us forget you weren't in your best condition. The next day, Seimei shined like a fighter and made you a double Olympic champion, displaying the epitome of perseverance and resilience.
Looking back today, I can't help but feel incredibly ecstatic as I watch you triumph in this new season and, more importantly, although I may sound like a broken record, I'm thankful to be able to keep enjoying your sublime skating.

Thank you, Yuzuru, for keeping on giving me joy:snpeace:

Your monologue just touches the bottom of my heart. Reading this makes my heart bumping. I can almost feel you in that movement of eternal darkness, even back then I had no idea whom Hanyu Yuzuru is.

I really appreciate on that morning of April 22. When I woke up and checked out my phone, I noticed a news which said a figure skater went back to his hometown with warmest greeting. And I googled him. I googled this guy and clicked that YouTube video and watched the program called Seimei.

In that moment I was enlightened. 

And later, during the hardest time of my graduate studies due to endless stress, I still hold myself from cracking down and keep going. That's because I meet Yuzu, i meet his beautiful and mesmerical performance. He is the light, the sunshine gives me comfort. And thus I know how to manage myself to invest on what I am passionated about.