General Yuzuru Chat

58 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Same as my dad :68468287: he said it didn’t hurt that much and the swelling will go down. Here he is now with his crooked pinky  :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: 

I have a funny toe like that, and my mum has a crooked toe and a crooked finger. :D  After the first couple of days when the swelling starts subsiding and the pain goes down and you get used to it, it's far too easy to just adapt instead of going to the doctor and then waiting for them to send you for an X-ray and then going for an X-ray and then being told not to do all the things that need to be done because apparently even toes and fingers need rest, and...

Well I mean Yuzu should definitely have gone to the doctor but I completely understand the temptation to think 'it's a pinky, I mean it's not hanging by a thread or anything, it can't be that broken if it only hurts that much, anyway, it's just a pinky, is it even absolutely necessary.'

4 hours ago, Sammie said:

OK...till next THURSDAY I will refrain myself from any distraction... I mean reduce my daily time on checking phone, only twice (morning and midnight) for Planet. I hope I could finish my listing agendas which include normal readings, homeworks and another 20-ish-page paper.

As a hopeless OCD, I must be physically and mentally prepared for Yuzu's competition in Rus.

ps: I will try not to overdose myself with too much caffein. But no guarantee.

Good lucks to you guys!

2 hours ago, ruruzest said:

“ everything is within my...”

Yuzuru is the greatest axel conjurer. He simply does everything he can to ensure he is well prepared. And we fans are fully "serviced" as well. Thank you, Yuzu! :darklordyuzu:

6小時前, Sammie說:

He didn’t get it treated so now he got crooked pinky  :sadPooh: 

6小時前, SydneyH說:

I can't understand this man sometimes :knc_brian3:

Oh.........my left pinky also crooked when i was a kid, and i forgot what happen to it, but hopefully i don't feel any pain and don't have any affect for daily work.

Can Yuzu mom grab this boy to the Ortho/ Chiropractor and have a check?!?!?!

17 hours ago, Bilge said:

Somebody has thrown a handbag?? ahahaha nice catch

Also in here, he noticed one of the kids fellxD

Hahaha, I think I like that announcer.  "A bombardment of flowers and cuddly toys"!  And when Yuzu was shaking Pooh around 8:21: "Even Pooh Bear's getting a little overexcited".  :68468287:  I love it.

8 hours ago, micaelis said:

When dealing with Yuzu and his programs and his creation of his programs I am beginning to articulate in my mind exactly what Yuzu has become over these last several seasons.  It began with Seimei, which most commentators got wrong thinking Abe no Seimei was a samurai warrior.  Actually he was an astronomer and a spiritual advisor to a number of high-ranked officials, including at least one emperor.  After his death a great number of tales started being created about him so that today Seimei is an historical figure whose life has become the basis of a large body of mythical adventures.  I haven't been able to get into any great detail of exactly what kind of figure he is today, not knowing any Japanese, but I think if we were looking for a Western counterpart King Arthur's spiritual adviser Merlin would fill the bill.  What struck me right from the first time I saw Yuzu's Seimei was its tone, its aura, you might say.  Yuzu seemed not to be skating but contemplating and mirroring that contemplation through his actions. 

When comparing Seimei with his earlier programs I could see that while there was still drama in them, drama we had seen to great effect in RJ1 and POTO most notably, Seimei had a serenity about it that seemed to me a clear departure from Yuzu's earlier competitive programs.  That feeling was reinforced with Hope and Legacy.  Again there is a serenity in the program that indicates that Yuzu seems to be approaching his programs from an angle that appears to me to be quite revolutionary from normal figure-skating practice.  His two programs for this season, particularly Origin, simply reinforced my sense that Yuzu is moving in a direction that both extends what skating can do interpretively (although a skater would have to have the essential mindset of Yuzu to truly duplicate it) but what it can do spiritually.  Looking at his two programs for this season I have no trouble in thinking they are not interpretations but meditations.  In that sense Yuzu is doing something that is in certain ways quite revolutionary for figure skating, making his programs into spiritual journeys.  And unlike Misha Ge and Jason Brown, who seem to be following a similar aesthetic although not nearly as intense, Yuzu is able to incorporate the more difficult elements of figure skating without losing the flow and the integrity of the overall program.  

He said he incorporated the concept of "wa" in his program, for both SEIMEI and Hope & Legacy, that's why it feels different from others. Theres a very long topic / discussion about this on Youtube I think, in vids of the creation of SEIMEI / Hopulega, also he mentioned it a bit after the olympics with Shuzo Matsuoka. 

11 hours ago, micaelis said:

When dealing with Yuzu and his programs and his creation of his programs I am beginning to articulate in my mind exactly what Yuzu has become over these last several seasons.  It began with Seimei, which most commentators got wrong thinking Abe no Seimei was a samurai warrior.  Actually he was an astronomer and a spiritual advisor to a number of high-ranked officials, including at least one emperor.  After his death a great number of tales started being created about him so that today Seimei is an historical figure whose life has become the basis of a large body of mythical adventures.  I haven't been able to get into any great detail of exactly what kind of figure he is today, not knowing any Japanese, but I think if we were looking for a Western counterpart King Arthur's spiritual adviser Merlin would fill the bill.  What struck me right from the first time I saw Yuzu's Seimei was its tone, its aura, you might say.  Yuzu seemed not to be skating but contemplating and mirroring that contemplation through his actions. 

When comparing Seimei with his earlier programs I could see that while there was still drama in them, drama we had seen to great effect in RJ1 and POTO most notably, Seimei had a serenity about it that seemed to me a clear departure from Yuzu's earlier competitive programs.  That feeling was reinforced with Hope and Legacy.  Again there is a serenity in the program that indicates that Yuzu seems to be approaching his programs from an angle that appears to me to be quite revolutionary from normal figure-skating practice.  His two programs for this season, particularly Origin, simply reinforced my sense that Yuzu is moving in a direction that both extends what skating can do interpretively (although a skater would have to have the essential mindset of Yuzu to truly duplicate it) but what it can do spiritually.  Looking at his two programs for this season I have no trouble in thinking they are not interpretations but meditations.  In that sense Yuzu is doing something that is in certain ways quite revolutionary for figure skating, making his programs into spiritual journeys.  And unlike Misha Ge and Jason Brown, who seem to be following a similar aesthetic although not nearly as intense, Yuzu is able to incorporate the more difficult elements of figure skating without losing the flow and the integrity of the overall program.  

THANK YOU FOR ARTICULATING THIS SO CLEARLY I TOTALLY AGREE 

8 hours ago, Sammie said:

Same as my dad :68468287: he said it didn’t hurt that much and the swelling will go down. Here he is now with his crooked pinky  :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: 

Do we all have the same dad :rofl:or is this a dad thing, mine also has a crooked pinky due to not getting it treated 

7 hours ago, ruruzest said:

“ everything is within my...”

WHAT IS THIS HANYU HOW DARE YOU

also it's so obvious how did I not notice

6 hours ago, MarthEmblem said:

DrcnGl8VYAA8XER.jpg

"Axels"

Memelord. 

Also, that is a GREAT reinterpretation of a classic meme, @MarthEmblem :1497158260_5GOE: