General Yuzuru Chat

5 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I agree. Shoma hasn't really discovered himself as a figure skater yet. Sometimes I wonder if he has any long term goal in figure skating. Despite of his achievement so far, I struggle to remember his absolute "This is it!" moment. Technicality and artistry alone do not make a truly great skater. I feel Shoma and figure skating are bound by "because he's nice to me, I'm staying with him for now" level of love while Yuzu and figure skating are bound by "till death do us part" level of commitment. When someone is talented with something and also is crazy about the very thing that they're good at, it can create something truly amazing and that is Yuzu's case with figure skating. But this is my personal opinion and if anyone here knows Shoma's true love moment for figure skating, I'd like to know. I really need to see him in different light as he's been in Yuzu's shadow for too long.

I love the way Jun is progressing and developing :img_21: He's TCC boy through and through. With his cute baby face and almost fully developed physique, the contrast creates very interesting outlook. His skating skill is coming along nicely and I like his spins too. But I feel his arm movements are too casual sometimes in choreos. Because Yuzu is so flexible and jelly like, sharpness of movements may not come naturally for him but he still manages to achieve that feeling of precise movement into his choreograph. 

While I was watching Helsinki GP, I couldn't help but thinking "Who is the rival for Yuzu here?" as the point difference was just ridiculous. Few commentators viewed that Nathan and Shoma would be the ones that challenge Yuzu but deep down I didn't think they could truly beat Yuzu. For point wise or podium orders, sure either of they could (and have) beat Yuzu. But to surpass Yuzu for what he's achieved in figure skating not just records but also as a whole, only Yuzu himself can do that. I can't see anybody else in the field right now can go beyond Yuzu where he is now. We'll have to leave that to future skaters who's starting point is YUZURU HANYU.

I've watched different commentary SP/FS and it's funny to hear commentators praising Yuzu as "the greatest ever skater" or "GOAT". To me, some of them were just saying it like a phrase rather than complimenting him. It is so rare to have 2 time olympic gold medalist still competing and showing he's hungry for more. For them to get used to the idea that Yuzu is here to stay and win again, it'll take a little more while. For me, I know this will never happen again in my life time so I'm going to make most of it and be gracious for every piece of Yuzu:tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

When dealing with Yuzu and his programs and his creation of his programs I am beginning to articulate in my mind exactly what Yuzu has become over these last several seasons.  It began with Seimei, which most commentators got wrong thinking Abe no Seimei was a samurai warrior.  Actually he was an astronomer and a spiritual advisor to a number of high-ranked officials, including at least one emperor.  After his death a great number of tales started being created about him so that today Seimei is an historical figure whose life has become the basis of a large body of mythical adventures.  I haven't been able to get into any great detail of exactly what kind of figure he is today, not knowing any Japanese, but I think if we were looking for a Western counterpart King Arthur's spiritual adviser Merlin would fill the bill.  What struck me right from the first time I saw Yuzu's Seimei was its tone, its aura, you might say.  Yuzu seemed not to be skating but contemplating and mirroring that contemplation through his actions. 

When comparing Seimei with his earlier programs I could see that while there was still drama in them, drama we had seen to great effect in RJ1 and POTO most notably, Seimei had a serenity about it that seemed to me a clear departure from Yuzu's earlier competitive programs.  That feeling was reinforced with Hope and Legacy.  Again there is a serenity in the program that indicates that Yuzu seems to be approaching his programs from an angle that appears to me to be quite revolutionary from normal figure-skating practice.  His two programs for this season, particularly Origin, simply reinforced my sense that Yuzu is moving in a direction that both extends what skating can do interpretively (although a skater would have to have the essential mindset of Yuzu to truly duplicate it) but what it can do spiritually.  Looking at his two programs for this season I have no trouble in thinking they are not interpretations but meditations.  In that sense Yuzu is doing something that is in certain ways quite revolutionary for figure skating, making his programs into spiritual journeys.  And unlike Misha Ge and Jason Brown, who seem to be following a similar aesthetic although not nearly as intense, Yuzu is able to incorporate the more difficult elements of figure skating without losing the flow and the integrity of the overall program.  

2 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Does his pinky look better? 

Nope , the boy just condemn himself with that lol 

I mean I remember him saying that it was not broken but to be still like that after this time is not really good tho  :headdesk: #BoyTakeCareOfYourselfPleaseDamnnn 

1 minute ago, SydneyH said:

Nope , the boy just condemn himself with that lol 

I mean I remember him saying that it was not broken but to be still like that after this time is not really good tho  :headdesk: #BoyTakeCareOfYourselfPleaseDamnnn 

He didn’t get it treated so now he got crooked pinky  :sadPooh: 

26 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Does his pinky look better? 

How could a pinky be swollen so long?! I was afraid he got frostbite or something. Praying for healing

16 minutes ago, Sammie said:

I slowly just look forward to these cute drawings rather than the actual competition :dancingpooh:

16 minutes ago, fyere0 said:

*Yuzu's scores come up*

Charlie White: Hohohohohohohohohoho. OHOHOHOHO.

What a mood.

Charlie and Tanith White are two of my absolute favorite commentators. They're giving Max & Angelo a run for their the money

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

How could a pinky be swollen so long?! I was afraid he got frostbite or something. Praying for healing

It’s not swollen anymore. It look crooked to me. Like he didn’t get it properly treated and let it heal on it crooked own way :13877886:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

It’s not swollen anymore. It look crooked to me. Like he didn’t get it properly treated and let it heal on it crooked own way :13877886:

I secretly suspect the same since the swell mostly look subsided...but that would be so unfortunate especially because Yuzuru has such beautiful hands:sadPooh:

Hopefully this is not the case and his pinky will soon heal......

21 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Not to dampen things but Nathan has a higher free skate TES, doesn't he? I think his SkAm free skate TES was a point higher or something. And here's something that I'm still trying to wrap my head around, he got higher TES with fewer quads by getting higher GOEs, which is usually Yuzu's thing. I know judging was different and he didn't have URs called and Yuzu's 4Lo that wasn't actually UR was called and all that, but still... Can't quite wrap my head around it.

I wouldn't worry about it.  Nathan skated about as well as he's capable of skating (though with lower tech) in that FS and he got a couple dodgy calls/scores in his favor whereas Yuzu was far from his best and had a close call go against him.  Nathan also had much better ice conditions.  When I plug in the average GOE's/PCS that the competitors have been getting for their "clean(ish)" elements on their attempted layouts, Yuzu still wins, even when I add 2 additional quads to Nathan's SkAm layout.  Based on GOE+layout, Shoma's actually the biggest threat.  

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

He didn’t get it treated so now he got crooked pinky  :sadPooh: 

This made me lol so hard.  So often people seem to think of him as this ethereal otherworldly creature but in so many ways he's such a guy!  My boyfriend didn't go to the hospital either when he injured his pinky and now it's permanently crooked.

17 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

This made me lol so hard.  So often people seem to think of him as this ethereal otherworldly creature but in so many ways he's such a guy!  My boyfriend didn't go to the hospital either when he injured his pinky and now it's permanently crooked.

Same as my dad :68468287: he said it didn’t hurt that much and the swelling will go down. Here he is now with his crooked pinky  :tumblr_inline_mg16f1RxCn1qdlkyg: