General Yuzuru Chat

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

Hmm, I get where people are getting the "cold" and "darker" vibes. Though I thought it wasn't "dark" enough.

I generally don't really pay attention to skaters facial expressions when skating and only concentrate on what "mood" they are trying to show with arms//feet/leg and relative to the open practice, I thought his movements in Helsinki were not strong, forceful or "dark" enough. :13877886:I was waiting for that epic struggle and uphills emotional/dramatic battle to be shown, and it kind of went softer than I thought it would-his movements were not big enough, relative to the open practice. 

Yeah, i hope his upper body movement would be sharper, stronger. His movements in Helsinki are abit all over place, since he focus alot on jump, which is understandable. His expression is fine IMO. Hopefully it would be better by COR, although there's only 1 week gap.

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm not talking about his facial expressions, though. The "flow" and his movements seemed less ethereal and light. They felt "grounded" in a way, which made think about  power, raw strength and an aura of darkness that isn't violent or destructive. It's kind of hard to describe, and i too think he can improve that, but it does feel different to what he's done before.

I'm actually thinking about a thousand sentences that can give me the feeling of Origin :embSwan: but they're weird ahahahahaha

Oh I like this "dark" Yuzu actually. Contrary to you, I really wanted a more violent and destructive Yuzu. Something like with death comes the birth of something and creation borne from destruction. It was easier to feel when he did the open practice-but his movements in Helsinki didn't really give that vibe. At some point, he got tired and gave us floppy-ish arms and movements. It might be something he could work on though-a very dark and grounded first half with a lighter section from the chsq to the ending? 

Just now, Xen said:

Oh I like this "dark" Yuzu actually. Contrary to you, I really wanted a more violent and destructive Yuzu. Something like with death comes the birth of something and creation borne from destruction. It was easier to feel when he did the open practice-but his movements in Helsinki didn't really give that vibe. At some point, he got tired and gave us floppy-ish arms and movements. It might be something he could work on though-a very dark and grounded first half with a lighter section from the chsq to the ending? 

He's a gentle kind of destruction ;) i mean look at us talking about him, our wallets destroyed, our lives devoted to following the Cave Boy...

:rofl:

No, in all seriousness, I agree he seemed a bit tired in the end. I'm happy with this kind of darkness coming from him hahaha, it's like creeping lava: You can see the destruction, you can feel the heat, but it's not a violent thing by itself (it's not the initial eruption, it's not the ash, pyroclastic flows and stuff. Just the lava making its way to... wherever lava goes lol), and it gives birth to new land and stuff.

29 minutes ago, MarthEmblem said:

Thank you!! I have been able to make an accurate conclusion based on about 4.5 years of research:

Yuzuru Hanyu does, in fact, make me very gay

Hey, no judgement here...if I were a guy, Yuzu would ha:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:ve the power to make me gay too! 

It's so nice that we're all on the same page when it comes to murder face/ pre-performance Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

I think it might be hard to grasp the spiritual aspect of Origin also because many of us westerners tend to equate spirituality with christianity. Like many have said, this is Asian spirituality and it's very different. They have many gods and so-called demons that aren't really demons in the christian sense. That's why to me Yuzu is a sort of God, or King of a Universe, if you prefer, in Origin. He creates something in that program

There's actually a quote from Christian tradition that I think quite fits the idea of Origin and also how Yuzu is portraying it: "the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." (Gen 1verse 2).

What is Yuzu in Origin, if not a spirit moving upon the face of the waters, creating the world from the formless void?

Although, as poetic an image as that is, it may not be Yuzu's idea of the program at all.

1 hour ago, makebelieveup said:

well that escalated quickly :darklordyuzu:

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey, no judgement here...if I were a guy, Yuzu would ha:tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:ve the power to make me gay too! 

It's so nice that we're all on the same page when it comes to murder face/ pre-performance Yuzu. :tumblr_inline_mjgka6fYNw1qz4rgp:

Does it escalate quickly if I was already gay? :peek:

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

All in all, I'm fascinated by the fact that Yuzu broke 3 records at Helsinki with a 40 pt margin, landed 4T3A, highest TES AND PCs so far. But here we are debating about the praises from commentators and how the programs are still not there yet lol The standard for Yuzu is sure different and fanyus are surely special

Yuzuru wants to beat himself, and we want it for him. 

It makes me laugh - other skating fans say we all keep insisting he's utter perfection, but god did they hear Kurt and Carol of CBC gush over Origin on the weekend?

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

Yuzuru wants to beat himself, and we want it for him. 

It makes me laugh - other skating fans say we all keep insisting he's utter perfection, but god did they hear Kurt and Carol of CBC gush over Origin on the weekend?

They really did. I actually like Carol's commentary. I remember she said "All of the skaters are good but he is something special" and of course her infamous line "There are good skaters and there are great skaters and there is Yuzuru Hanyu. Totally on a whole other level." And of course this weekend, she said what Max wrote on his twitter, "Maybe not just the best there is but the best there will be. He is just that good". Her and Tanith. They seem to have always believed he is the GOAT, even before he won his second gold.